MSEP Returns

spectrodanny

They don't need to run MSEP during the holiday season. The Christmas parade is lovely at night. You know, if they decide to do it. Although it's pretty old as well and could use a refresh.
"A Christmas Fantasy" will still be shown this year, but after what happened to Santa's float last year, I wouldn;t expect him to be riding on the roof of his old float anymore.

brb1006

My issue with MSEP is Disney keeps telling us it’s going away for good, but they keep bringing it back. It’s annoying and it makes me dislike the show.

e2809cfool-me-once-shame-on-you-fool-me-twice-shame-on-me-e2809d-success-daily-reminder-khairilsianipar-com.jpg

Disney bringing back MSEP for the third time at Disneyland is actually ruining the original impact for the 1996 Farewell Season.

Last edited:

brb1006

I dislike the re recorded score... Cheapens an otherwise historic parade.
What's weird is that the re recorded score for the current soundtrack actually borrowed some music from Dreamlights. Just a few minor changes with the main theme. The Snow White, Peter Pan, Alice In Wonderland, and Pete's Dragon retains the original Tokyo soundtrack. The Baroque Hoedown is also missing some notes from the Tokyo version. The Pinocchio, Cinderella, and the final float with the bald eagle, and and Dumbo (Which was never used) are the only floats with new music. The most notable difference would have to be the Snow White section which is missing the vocoder saying "Hi Ho".

It's almost like the reused Tokyo soundtrack wasn't designed to be played over the original MSEP floats but for Tokyo's version.

Here's footage of the original version of Dreamlights from 2001 that contained floats for Snow White, a longer section of Alice In Wonderland, two separate floats for Toy Story, an entire section for A Bug's Life, The Swans, an older version of Beauty and the Beast, and Winnie The Pooh.

Here's audio of the unused Dumbo section

Last edited:

spectrodanny

although in music elements that the two parks share that combine synth and orchestral elements, Disneyland & Walt Disney World ditched the orchestral element of the track.

brb1006

although in music elements that the two parks share that combine synth and orchestral elements, Disneyland & Walt Disney World ditched the orchestral element of the track.
That's another thing I love about the Tokyo soundtrack. It starts out synth but starts getting more orchestrated. Once the "It's A Small World" finale arrives the music combines the synth and orchestral elements beautifully. The entire Small World section actually moves in sync to the soundtrack.

Figments Friend

The 'classic' version of the Parade, with all of its traditionally associated units and it's original musical soundtrack intact did indeed stop running during that final run at Disneyland Park in 1996.
When it 'returned', it was a completely different parade from a certain point of view.

Many of the elements were changed , most obviously the fantastic Parade music from the 70s being re-recorded ( and ruined, IMO ).
Float lighting was updated to LED bulbs, giving the parade a 'harsher' ambiance light glow wise.
Parade units were added and removed...as well as the un-nessesary sparkly 'pixie dust' elements wire framed to the classic floats for a time.

I'd love to see the 'classic' (77' version ) again...with that original iconic music, led by the Blue Fairy unit.
Back before Elliot had pupils in his 'eyes' and flapping wings.

Remember it back then?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

:)

-

spectrodanny

The 'classic' version of the Parade, with all of its traditionally associated units and it's classic familiar music intact did indeed stop running during that final run at Disneyland Park in 1996.
When it 'returned', it was a completely different parade from a certain point of view.

Many of the elements were changed , most obviously the fantastic Parade music from the 70s being re-recorded ( and ruined, IMO ).
Float lighting was updated to LED bulbs, giving the parade a 'harsher' ambiance light glow wise.
Parade units were added and removed...as well as the un-messes art 'pixie dust' elements wire framed to the classic floats for a time.

Event during its 'final runs' since 96', it's not the same parade.
Again, from a certain point of view.
I'd love to see the 'classic' (77' version ) again...with that original iconic music, led by the Blue Fairy unit.

Remember it back then?

-
I wonder if that's the reason why during it's 2017 (and presumably 2019) runs a Disneyland the closing announcement was jyst "The Main Street Electrical Parade!?instead of "Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade!"

brb1006

The 'classic' version of the Parade, with all of its traditionally associated units and it's original musical soundtrack intact did indeed stop running during that final run at Disneyland Park in 1996.

Parade units were added and removed...as well as the un-nessesary sparkly 'pixie dust' elements wire framed to the classic floats for a time.

Remember it back then?

-
Now that I think about it, ever since the LED bulbs were added to the parade around 2009. It kind of lost a bit of it's charm since it was a bit too bright at certain locations. Here's footage of the parade before the light changed to LED.
Then

Now

hqdefault.jpg

disneyland-main-street-electrical-parade-170.jpg

Even the music for the floats has been quieter since 2009 with the background music drowning out the float music that used to be heard from miles away.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom