MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It won’t be as extensive as a Tokyo parade. I doubt they think we can focus for more than 20 minutes! I was shocked that they made Fantasmic! longer.
But will the floats be in more the dreamlights style or the paint the Night style? I'm getting the feeling this parade is going to be a Walt Disney World version of paint the night. A parade in the same style as that but not the exact same and with a different theme song and floats.

Sneakman

But will the floats be in more the dreamlights style or the paint the Night style? I'm getting the feeling this parade is going to be a Walt Disney World version of paint the night. A parade in the same style as that but not the exact same and with a different theme song and floats.
Probably Disney world version of paint the night, if not a spiritual successor bc og PTN is gone.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I’m glad wdw is getting a night parade. Wdw imo solos other parks nighttime show wise sans fantasmic
Well, I'd argue wdw is winning for fantasmic right now. I agree, no other resort really rivals us right now. Maybe Paris. Disneyland could if they ran Wondrous Journeys and original world of color but they seem allergic to actually investing in entertainment at the moment.

jrhwdw

I want to check with more folks before writing this in ink, but I’ve heard from a couple different people now that “Baroque Hoedown” will be featured (akin to how it is featured in Paint the Night) but the theme song will not be “When Can We Do This Again?”
Anyway to make MSEP Blend Into Spectro's Theme? That might be the Best Case for MK and it's Fans!!!

Sneakman

Well, I'd argue wdw is winning for fantasmic right now. I agree, no other resort really rivals us right now. Maybe Paris. Disneyland could if they ran Wondrous Journeys and original world of color but they seem allergic to actually investing in entertainment at the moment.
I feel like with a new dragon we’d be the better fantasmic than Disneyland ay full strength debatdley. It wouldn’t be a clear cut choice but a debate could be made.j mean we do still have the og score. I love the spectacle of sorcerer mickey on top of the mountain with the lazers, new fountain and lighting, and fireworks, and the original score. It always gives me chills and imo wdw will always win in that part for that scene.

TTA94

I imagine it will be wildly popular since it should be a visual stunner based upon the funding and concept, which is what matters most for a light parade.

Those here who would only be satisfied with the return of SpectroMagic will be disappointed but we and they already knew that.

I’m actually shocked we are at the point already of discussing the music. Are they really that far along with the parade and already recording the soundtrack??

I am ok with this parade not being Spectro 2.0. As amazing as that would have been it’s just not something US Disney would do. Now Tokyo? More than likely they would have done a Spectro 2.0 if it had been there parade. But, I do wish those creating this new parade would pay homage to Spectro in some way. IMO Spectro had a bigger place in WDW history than MSEP. But I get it music wise “Baroque Hoedown” is way more memorable to Disney guests than “On This Magic Night”.

doctornick

IMO Spectro had a bigger place in WDW history than MSEP. But I get it music wise “Baroque Hoedown” is way more memorable to Disney guests than “On This Magic Night”.

Just FWIW, but MSEP had runs of 14, 2 and 6 years at MK (so ~22 years total). Spectro had runs of 8 and 9 years (so ~17 years total).

I know that on these pages there is definitely a preference for Spectromagic, but I'm not convinced that "typical" guests of the parks who have visited WDW would consider it more memorable than MSEP. Also, because of the MSEP runs at different parks around the world, I suspect that a lot more people associate it and Baroque Hoedown as a classic "Disney thing" than On This Magic Night.

TTA94

Just FWIW, but MSEP had runs of 14, 2 and 6 years at MK (so ~22 years total). Spectro had runs of 8 and 9 years (so ~17 years total).

I know that on these pages there is definitely a preference for Spectromagic, but I'm not convinced that "typical" guests of the parks who have visited WDW would consider it more memorable than MSEP. Also, because of the MSEP runs at different parks around the world, I suspect that a lot more people associate it and Baroque Hoedown as a classic "Disney thing" than On This Magic Night.

Technically yes MSEP ran longer, but a lot of WDWs fans grew up with Spectro and there is a lot of fond memories there. Overall both MSEP and Spectro are important to MK history and nods to both should be featured somehow in this new parade, not just Spectro being treated as if it never happened.

SpectroMickey85

I imagine it will be wildly popular since it should be a visual stunner based upon the funding and concept, which is what matters most for a light parade.

Those here who would only be satisfied with the return of SpectroMagic will be disappointed but we and they already knew that.

Visually how is this looking in concept compared to Disneylands Paint The Night?

SpectroMickey85

Technically yes MSEP ran longer, but a lot of WDWs fans grew up with Spectro and there is a lot of fond memories there. Overall both MSEP and Spectro are important to MK history and nods to both should be featured somehow in this new parade, not just Spectro being treated as if it never happened.

Paint The Night did have nods to Spectro with the Orbs. Whether or not Steve Davison took inspiration from Spectro who knows. If those make their way into Magic Kingdoms new parade then that will give fans a nice Spectro nod.

doctornick

do you have an idea of what characters will be in the parade? Know it’s not happening but it’d be cool to have a dragon of some kind. Doesn’t have to be Elliot.
I am quite curious as to what characters would be featured. Feels like leadership might tend to push more recent films but I hope there is representation from classic films and the renaissance era.

Has Moana been featured in a parade yet? Feels like that might be a given.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom