MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

TTA94

I used to think Steve Davison was great, but his track record in the last fifteen years is quite spotty in my opinion.

I guess to be fair he creates stuff with the budget he is given. I am not sure what budget he had for Paint The Night? I don’t think Davison had any involvement with Tokyos Dreamlights?

TTA94

I guess PTN 2.0, or would this be 3.0? πŸ€” lol, would not be that bad if it had different floats that was more fitting for the MK, with the exception of Mermaid and Belle though maybe replacing Belle with a new Princess float might be better. Then Moana, New Frozen float which DL axed, Coco, Encanto. Hopefully some classics to.

PREMiERdrum

The inconsistency in Steve's work directly ties to the edict under which he is working.

His overall creative vision and concept work is among the best still left with the company... Wishes, Believe, Eureka, and BPB were all beautifully designed for their settings. Let's not forget his work on Haunted Mansion Holiday.

His flatter works were too influenced by constraints of required music, characters, or technology.

jrhwdw

I can't believe Steve did Mix Magic!

I think Steve is working on TDL's new Castle Show and HKDL's New Day Parade.

Can anyone tell us if Steve is involved at MK????

brb1006

I was a big fan of Believe and Wishes, and the concept of World of Color is cool, even if the show is kind of meh.

But that's basically all of what I like of his work.
He worked on the soundtrack for the Happiness is Here Parade for Tokyo Disneyland's 30th Anniversary which I really love due to its cheerful and upbeat tone.

Last edited:
Not sure if there’s anything new that can be publicly shared but @wdwmagic and @imagineer97 both confirmed this is still a go in the BBTM thread - hoping we hear some news soon!
I have no inside knowledge on this one, just speculating logically based on what @wdwmagic said. I'll always let you know when I'm speaking from a source!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom