MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

TTA94

Not sure past posts are relevant anymore but I’ll bring these up again just in case, which makes things even more confusing lol.

Things are happening with night parades, but not sure today's rumors are entirely accurate with content and location.

The rumor online was MSEP to WDW. If they aren’t correct about content and location, it’s feasible it could be PTN to WDW instead of MSEP.

Long time no post.

It's not MSEP, at least as you know it.

TTA94

Something like DCA's new parade would be perfect as it can run during the day & night. DHS's parade route is pretty small & then there is the issue of crowd control which operations would probably throw a fuss about.

I wouldn’t say DCAs new parade would be perfect for DHS lol… but a better quality parade that can run day and night yes absolutely would be perfect for DHS 🙂.

TarzanRocked99-

There's actual video evidence that showed Spectromagic actually running from Frontierland to Main Street in this thread.
Oh I know it ran that route, I’m just not aware of it running one way and then the other for the second performance. I performed in Spectro in the early 2000’s and the logistics of making that work are questionable. Spectromitch was a long parade, when it was staged behind Main Street it would run all the way back to close to the train crossing

jrhwdw

In UOR's latest EU Update this morning, EU is still set for 2025. So that's what MK should plan for!

Day after the last MVMCP 2024 would be a Wonderful Christmas Gift!! But I know I'm not that Lucky!!!

EricsBiscuit

I honestly don’t understand why park ops is complaining about a challenge. Wouldn’t they want their department to be more important? Moreover, isn’t it their job to figure out how to operate the parks? If they keep complaining then whoever is in charge should be terminated for incompetence. Find someone else.

ToTBellHop

I honestly don’t understand why park ops is complaining about a challenge. Wouldn’t they want their department to be more important? Moreover, isn’t it their job to figure out how to operate the parks? If they keep complaining then whoever is in charge should be terminated for incompetence. Find someone else.
I think they think they call the shots and were finally put in their place on this.

Squishy

I think they think they call the shots and were finally put in their place on this.
I wonder if its a issue of WDW not wanting to pay to staff more people todo crowd control.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder if its a issue of WDW not wanting to pay to staff more people todo crowd control.
Nature of the beast... that is, humanity. No one want more work or more complicated work. If it were up to Ops, I'm sure they'd be happy with a 'dead' park every day.

On top of that, when attendance was mostly unrestricted, crowd control becomes unbearable and nearly unworkable. When the hub is absolutely packed with people for the fireworks, Ops has to keep walkways open for safety, otherwise someone with a medical emergency (or a fist fight breaks out) can't get the attention they need from first responders.

I've been trapped in the "you can't stand here so keep moving" walkways unable to get into the crowd at the hub and being constantly pushed along until I either find myself exiting the park or in front of Speedway.

Ops don't want to deal with that. Especially when fireworks and a parade or a castle show are back to back. It's just untenable.

That is why reservations and dated day-tickets are sticking around. To keep those types of crowds happening.

When people think back to the days when they were able to have fireworks and a night parade, they're remembering when there were literally 10 thousand less people in the park at that time.

Now, this is when people complain that Disney didn't increase capacity as they should have. And this is where I point out that extra *ride capacity* doesn't do anything for extra *hub capacity* for the fireworks and parades. In fact, building more rides in MK is going to bite them on the backside because the infrastructure is already maxed out.... unless they hold the line with reservations and dated day-tickets, which will only beget more customer moaning at being locked out of the park on the days they want to go.

TTA94

There is one crowd control solution for a parade and fireworks but it’s not one we would like. Behind a paywall. Guaranteed sell outs, manageable crowds, extra money in their pockets.

jrhwdw

I'm sorry but look at DL! When PTN opened in 2015, and MSEP after.....DL went back to the schedule they used since 1992 when F! Opened and fit into DL.s Nighttime Plans.

Going back to MK's Old Schedule is not rocket science! It's still in place on Party Nights.

The Fact that MK CMs are afraid of the old Schedule is a Little Concerning!

Hopefully Someone that knows all of MK's History is in charge Now!

jrhwdw

It's also concerning that UOR had a Great week of news and we can't get anything on this or other Entertainment planned till D23 or after!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom