MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes, No Castle Projections but..........The High Pyro along with Fantasyland/Castle Pyro still look fine!
Not to our eyes. Noticeable gaps in pyro during parts of the show, with no music or narration to know what's going on, and not impressed by the pyro either.

It's also an ADD nightmare. I said what I said and I stand by it based on my experiences from both a premium seating area (pre-Covid) and more recently from a non-Main Street/hub location.

jrhwdw

As Wonderful as this Thread is today............ I wish there was a Nice Surprise for DHS since it is May 1st/DHS' 35th........

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Not to our eyes. Noticeable gaps in pyro during parts of the show, with no music or narration to know what's going on, and not impressed by the pyro either.

It's also an ADD nightmare. I said what I said and I stand by it based on my experiences from both a premium seating area (pre-Covid) and more recently from a non-Main Street/hub location.
I'll admit I've never had the chance the see the show outside the hub but everytime I've seen a live stream of it from spots in the park the music is always playing and as I was walking from MS to Adventureland on my last trip the exit was still playing in Adventureland. As for you being unimpressed by the pyro, that's just a personal issue, I've never had that problem also HEA has significantly more pyro than Wishes did.

HEA was trying to replace one of the GNSOATs (greatest nighttime spectacular of all time) in Wishes, and it was ok. It doesn't deserve the god-status it has, as I think Wishes is superior in nearly every way. I too noticed the gap in pyro because of the projections. Wishes had one projection of the Magic Mirror but it really was inconsequential if you could see it or not. The HEA projections are impressive, and a huge part of what makes the show a success. Take those away and it's not nearly as good as Wishes.

jrhwdw

HEA was trying to replace one of the GNSOATs (greatest nighttime spectacular of all time) in Wishes, and it was ok. It doesn't deserve the god-status it has, as I think Wishes is superior in nearly every way. I too noticed the gap in pyro because of the projections. Wishes had one projection of the Magic Mirror but it really was inconsequential if you could see it or not. The HEA projections are impressive, and a huge part of what makes the show a success. Take those away and it's not nearly as good as Wishes.
IDK what HEA would look like without Projections....I don't think MK ever had an off night....

Loved Wishes but the only thing Wishes had over HEA was the Castle Dream Lights Finale on non MVMCP Nights!!!!! I totally miss that!!!! I also miss the Energy from HEA's Opening Week in May 2017!!!! Sigh!!!!!!

Andrew25

To each their own, but I generally don't see where HEA lacks in pyro. Has some very impressive ones and the finales are quiet similar.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wishes had less pyro. The narrative was the epitome of 'junk' motifs with no real story. The music that played after Jiminy's intro to each section had little to nothing to do with the narrative he just delivered.

HEA has more pyro. It has an overarching theme. Each section begins by a line of dialogue from a film and introduces the next step of the Hero's Journey and the music and projections sync with that theme extremely well.

It's no contest which is better by looking at how they're structured.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They’re just afraid of how it will work. How they will control the crowd. They may (gasp) need to hire more people. But, MK is busy and the edict from on high is, β€œwe are expanding so MK can hold even MORE people, so there needs to be more entertainment at night.β€œ

It was investigated but the angles don’t work well. Hopefully they can design BBT to allow fireworks viewing like they’re doing in DL’s SWGE.

Someone really needs to show them the link in my sig...

TTA94

I was thinking when PTN returns, wherever that be, it’s probably going to have several changes, no? Probably mostly the costumes, but wasn’t the Tink float, or rather Tink on a stick, causing injury? Then of course the opening narration and part of the finale song cut..
Maybe unpopular opinion but I think they should replace the whole soundtrack and ditch β€œWhen Can We Do This again” lol. But they probably won’t go that far unless they overhaul most of the parade.

PREMiERdrum

I was thinking when PTN returns, wherever that be, it’s probably going to have several changes, no? Probably mostly the costumes, but wasn’t the Tink float, or rather Tink on a stick, causing injury? Then of course the opening narration and part of the finale song cut..
Maybe unpopular opinion but I think they should replace the whole soundtrack and ditch β€œWhen Can We Do This again” lol. But they probably won’t go that far unless they overhaul most of the parade.
It looks like the HK version of PTN will - in fact - be returning to HKDL within the next year or so... with at least some of the changes that were made to the DL version.

Interestingly, they first announced this locally last year while a plan to ship the whole lot to FL was under review in Burbank. Glad that's settled.

jrhwdw

It looks like the HK version of PTN will - in fact - be returning to HKDL within the next year or so... with at least some of the changes that were made to the DL version.

Interestingly, they first announced this locally last year while a plan to ship the whole lot to FL was under review in Burbank. Glad that's settled.
Great that PTN is returning to HKDL!!! I believe a new Day Parade is also in the works? 2025 might be a Big Year at many Disney Parks!!

Where did you hear this? are there any HKDL Insiders?

Is HKDL Getting a Drum and Incredible Floats like DL?

TTA94

Interesting. So that now rules out PTN for WDW lol. Well actually it doesn’t yet because we dont know for sure DL is keeping theirs or if WDW will build a new PTN lol.

Interesting. So that now rules out PTN for WDW lol. Well actually it doesn’t yet because we dont know for sure DL is keeping theirs.
beauty-and-the-beast-something-there-disneyexaminer-soundtrack-to-emotions-3.gif

DL will keep theirs for the 70th. They need something, and I'll bet that's it. The MSEP has been returning too many times lately for it to be special enough for the 70th.

MerlinTheGoat

If nothing else, Wishes had far better music than anything that came after IMO.

Spectromagic has the same musical merits. While I do adore Tokyo Dreamlights' float designs and continually updated lighting tech, nothing holds a candle to Spectro's OST. Had they continually upgraded the old Spectro floats as they have with Dreamlights, it would be the unquestionable best night parade on earth for me.

mikejs78

Premium Member
*First timers prefer. After that, you know you don't need to be on Main Street. Wishes! was fantastic to watch from other locations, complete with piped-in music.

HEA is a junk pile. Especially anywhere but Main Street.

HEA is the second greatest nighttime spectacular ever produced by Disney, and the best ever at a castle park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom