MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

TTA94

I can’t shake this feeling that we are not getting a regular light parade and it’ll be the Electrical Sky Parade or similar. It’s just soo much something that WDW would do and it checks to many boxes. It seem like MSEP was ruled out, now I want a drone sky parade to be ruled out lol.

ToTBellHop

I can’t shake this feeling that we are not getting a regular light parade and it’ll be the Electrical Sky Parade or similar. It’s just soo much something that WDW would do and it checks to many boxes. It seem like MSEP was ruled out, now I want a drone sky parade to be ruled out lol.
It’s a physical parade you’ll watch from the street side. With blinky blinks. And then an hour later, big boom boom in the sky.

Like in the olden days.

Wait for the toddler moms to come in and complain that little Westley can’t stay awake until 10 pm for fireworks!

TTA94

It’s a physical parade you’ll watch from the street side. With blinky blinks.

Ok, phew. Lucky for us maybe MK can not safely have drones? Surly someone at WDW had their eyes on the Paris Electrical Sky Parade and brought up the conversation. Operations especially would like that idea way more than a physical parade lol.

ToTBellHop

Is Daddy Josh giving us what we want?
Josh is pretty good at sensing which way the wind is blowing, but he only does what he is allowed to do because he knows better than to push.

1714505309858.gif

Andrew25

With DAK losing capacity soon (therefore possibly requiring shorter operating hours), MK can "steal" CMs from DAK temporarily for extended park hours, enough to run a night parade.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
With DAK losing capacity soon (therefore possibly requiring shorter operating hours), MK can "steal" CMs from DAK temporarily for extended park hours, enough to run a night parade.
Well I don't think the night parade would be temporary. And, those cast members would have to be trained to operate a parade so I don't think that's how that works.

Andrew25

Well I don't think the night parade would be temporary. And, those cast members would have to be trained to operate a parade so I don't think that's how that works.
Obviously I'm generalizing and assuming a lot of things, but with Dinosaur closing soon, DAK will become the least desirable* of the 4 parks for most of the general public with Epic Universe drawing folks next year.

But, less guests/hours in one park, would allow Disney to shift budgets/move CMs over to accommodate an extra hour or two of park ops.

*I say this as someone who's favorite park is in fact DAK.

TTA94

Obviously I'm generalizing and assuming a lot of things, but with Dinosaur closing soon, DAK will become the least desirable* of the 4 parks for most of the general public with Epic Universe drawing folks next year.

But, less guests/hours in one park, would allow Disney to shift budgets/move CMs over to accommodate an extra hour or two of park ops.

*I say this as someone who's favorite park is in fact DAK.

Unless DAK gets a new nighttime show of some sort next year to? Whats going on in entertainment currently could just be the night parade though.

brb1006

I think we all know they’ll want a party atmosphere.
I prefer WDW's MK having a whimsical elegant evening atmosphere that was prominent during the 1990s and 2000s era.
Carousel.jpg

02.png

Magic-Kingdom-1990-14_small-1024x713_huac7bdcb2e2823f1f38c16f12f266dee0_77705_800x0_resize_q80_h2_catmullrom.webp

Even leaving the Magic Kingdom felt extra special prior to the 2010s era.
Magic-Kingdom-1990-17_small-1024x697_hu6ad989befeba7544a7c5cb5265ca1b8b_102244_800x0_resize_q80_h2_catmullrom.webp

When Spectromagic and Wishes were active during the 2000s, it made the atmosphere for MK feel more dreamlike and lifelike. I'm sad that modern Disney suddenly abandoned this approach in the 2010s decade.

Comped

So I should start mailing copies of the SpectroMagic CD to Josh right away then, got it.
I've found a few WDW albums with MSEP music out in the wild, and paid $15 for a copy of the MSEP CD from DL (Orlando-area used bookstore, so likely a bit of a Disney markup). But I've never seen the Spectro CD in person... Now I need it.

brb1006

I'm a huge fan of Spectro Magic and MSEP, but personally, I'd like something more modern and less cheesy. I feel like Magic Kingdom, in a way, got stuck in the 2010s, and not in a cool-nostalgic way, but rather outdated.
I strongly disagree, MK's classy approach and atmosphere made the park feel more timeless.

brb1006

It never did, the floats had no way to turn around backstage. Spectro ran the same direction twice. Frontierland to Main Street in the early years and then Main Street to Frontierland for most of its existence. If the parade ran twice a night, the floats would drop the performers at parade base after the first run and then immediately cycle back around to behind Main Street and stage for the second performance.
There's actual video evidence that showed Spectromagic actually running from Frontierland to Main Street in this thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom