MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Touchdown

How DL handles the night parade pre fireworks is pretty genius. They time the parade to exit Times Square 15 min prior to boom time. So that significantly slows entry to the park during that time. They also block entry from the parade corridor, only TL, and AL have entry but from those enterances you are funneled down MSUSA and not into the hub so the masses who watched the parade by itasw can’t get to the hub (there is not enough time to route to the other side of the park and get back.). If MK were to block access to the hub from FL and AL they could achieve the same goal. Meanwhile from the enterance they could funnel people up the auxiliary enterance and into TL. Meanwhile parade watchers in the hub and on MSUSA, pivot to watch the fireworks.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
How DL handles the night parade pre fireworks is pretty genius. They time the parade to exit Times Square 15 min prior to boom time. So that significantly slows entry to the park during that time. They also block entry from the parade corridor, only TL, and AL have entry but from those enterances you are funneled down MSUSA and not into the hub so the masses who watched the parade by itasw can’t get to the hub (there is not enough time to route to the other side of the park and get back.). If MK were to block access to the hub from FL and AL they could achieve the same goal. Meanwhile from the enterance they could funnel people up the auxiliary enterance and into TL. Meanwhile parade watchers in the hub and on MSUSA, pivot to watch the fireworks.
This is why they should add alternative fireworks viewing to frontierland, so that all the people over there for the parade don't rush over to the castle to watch the projections.

Touchdown

This is why they should add alternative fireworks viewing to frontierland, so that all the people over there for the parade don't rush over to the castle to watch the projections.
Wall of CMs lining up as the parade ends in Liberty square directing people towards HM, and a line on the bridge blocking access to the hub achieves the same goal. I just dont see them investing in F! Infrastructure (because that’s what it is) just for that.

ToTBellHop

Wall of CMs lining up as the parade ends in Liberty square directing people towards HM, and a line on the bridge blocking access to the hub achieves the same goal. I just dont see them investing in F! Infrastructure (because that’s what it is) just for that.
It was investigated but the angles don’t work well. Hopefully they can design BBT to allow fireworks viewing like they’re doing in DL’s SWGE.

ToTBellHop

Orrrr... you know... don't use projections for a fireworks show, which allows for a far greater variety of viewing locations, both in and out of the park.
No projections?

1714572413057.gif

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
With or without projections, people prefer to view it in front of the castle as that's the best/traditional way to view them.
*First timers prefer. After that, you know you don't need to be on Main Street. Wishes! was fantastic to watch from other locations, complete with piped-in music.

Andrew25

DL is being clever by having different music for a different show on Batuu. It doesn’t synchronize as well but it’s a novel experience.
Yes, stuff like that is welcomed as well, but viewing from the castle will always be the best way to view them for most people.

*First timers prefer. After that, you know you don't need to be on Main Street. Wishes! was fantastic to watch from other locations, complete with piped-in music.
HEA is just as great to watch anywhere else at MK, the projections add to the experience, but doesn't penalize you from watching elsewhere.

As a frequent local visitor, I'm no fan of the crowds, but watching from MS has always been the best spot to view them. I prefer watching from FL bridges when crowds are tough, but that doesn't beat viewing it from MS with or without projections. Something special about watching the castle with fireworks behind it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes, stuff like that is welcomed as well, but viewing from the castle will always be the best way to view them for most people.

HEA is just as great to watch anywhere else at MK, the projections add to the experience, but doesn't penalize you from watching elsewhere.

As a frequent local visitor, I'm no fan of the crowds, but watching from MS has always been the best spot to view them. I prefer watching from FL bridges when crowds are tough, but that doesn't beat viewing it from MS with or without projections. Something special about watching the castle with fireworks behind it.
HEA is a junk pile. Especially anywhere but Main Street.

jrhwdw

From everything that’s been said I think, hope, the parade is far enough along this time where we do not have to worry about it getting axed?
I can deal with an announcement being pushed out from D23 as long as it doesn’t cut or delay the parade.
I can see that , but how long do we really need to wait before TDO Confirms anything???

Why DL waited till end of Jan 2015 to announce PTN and a May 2015 Debut IDK.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom