MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The "whimsical elegance" entertainment directive at MK has been gone for more than a decade. Temper expectations here. As much as *we* love Spectro, it's not the direction this is going in.

"And fun. Remember fun?" We do. But TDO sure as hell doesn't.

Expect a souped-up version of a character cavalcade. With lots of color-changing LED lights. That way, you can't be disappointed by whatever they actually produce.

TTA94

Its already been said on the Disneyland side of things that Paint The Night is expected to return for their 70th, however if Bob sees PTN as a cheaper option than a brand new parade and something that will help WDW when EU opens next year, you best believe it will happen regardless of what anyone thinks lol.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Its already been said on the Disneyland side of things that Paint The Night is expected to return for their 70th, however if Bob sees PTN as a cheaper option than a brand new parade and something that will help WDW when EU opens next year, you best believe it will happen regardless of what anyone thinks lol.
Well that's way better than now and PTN is a great parade IMHO

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I still think this will be the direction they will go. I look for the project to be canceled and just depend on the fireworks.
Season 4 No GIF

PREMiERdrum

To be completely honest, I've been expecting PTN at MK as part of the "turbocharged" 2025 entertainment offerings since the smoke first started forming... and while there is definitely a strong desire within brass, operations really, really doesn't want the added complexity of a night parade.

Steve's recent optimism seems to suggest a different course, and his sourcing is obviously solid. However, I'm not catching wind of anything solid.

Unfortunately for us purists, PTN checks a LOT of boxes for current leadership's needs: Characters from popular IPs, upbeat, catchy, dynamic musicbed, high merch opportunities, can be downstaffed to address current cast levels. Most importantly, there is a complete show available in great condition that has less than 6 years of runs on it.

We'll see.

peng

To be completely honest, I've been expecting PTN at MK as part of the "turbocharged" 2025 entertainment offerings since the smoke first started forming... and while there is definitely a strong desire within brass, operations really, really doesn't want the added complexity of a night parade.

Steve's recent optimism seems to suggest a different course, and his sourcing is obviously solid. However, I'm not catching wind of anything solid.

Unfortunately for us purists, PTN checks a LOT of boxes for current leadership's needs: Characters from popular IPs, upbeat, catchy, dynamic musicbed, high merch opportunities, can be downstaffed to address current cast levels. Most importantly, there is a complete show available in great condition that has less than 6 years of runs on it.

We'll see.
The GP likes it too. Happy that a nighttime parade is coming back, even though its probably because the money people finally realized the strategy of "doing nothing and hope profits keep growing" will not work when EU drops. I do wish Spectromagic would return in some form, but Disney needs things to bring people in the parks when nothing big is being added within the next few years.

ToTBellHop

We'll see.
Yeah, I had first heard and mentioned here about the PtN option several years back, but that was constantly delayed. Thankfully, the edict coming from higher up in the company is likely to land us with a long-term parade instead of a temporary hand-me-down used for marketing.

I’m not as well versed in Disneyland entertainment and I know Fantasmic! is their focus this year but I would not be at all surprised if the rumors that they want to keep their PtN and run it with an update or 2 for their 70th next year are true. So several forces may have aligned to actually give WDW its own, new parade.

PREMiERdrum

Yeah, I had first heard and mentioned here about the PtN option several years back, but that was constantly delayed. Thankfully, the edict coming from higher up in the company is likely to land us with a long-term parade instead of a temporary hand-me-down used for marketing.

I’m not as well versed in Disneyland entertainment and I know Fantasmic! is their focus this year but I would not be at all surprised if the rumors that they want to keep their PtN and run it with an update or 2 for their 70th next year are true. So several forces may have aligned to actually give WDW its own, new parade.
Remember that Lawless contract from the pre-COVID days?

It was floated up to me today by, um, someone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom