MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

ToTBellHop

It seems we’ve been seeing this happen on odd numbered years more often than not.
it has to do with how many peak price (or near peak) they are able to fit in based upon the calendar and the day of the week 11/1 falls on. They won’t do an 11/1 party if 11/1 is a Saturday, for example. Saturdays are only party nights if 10/31 is on a Saturday.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It seems we’ve been seeing this happen on odd numbered years more often than not.
This is mostly correct. In doing some re-documenting, I found this from 2019:

Before anyone asks...

2011: 20 Halloween parties: Sept - 6; Oct - 13; Nov - 1
2012: 22 Halloween parties: Sept - 6; Oct - 15; Nov - 1
2013: 23 Halloween parties: Sept - 7; Oct - 15; Nov - 1
2014: 26 Halloween parties: Sept - 10; Oct - 16
2015: 25 Halloween parties: Sept - 6; Oct - 18; Nov - 1
2016: 29 Halloween parties: Sept - 11; Oct - 18
2017: 32 Halloween parties: Aug - 2; Sept - 11; Oct - 18; Nov - 1
2018: 34 Halloween parties: Aug - 4; Sept - 12; Oct - 18
2019: 36 Halloween parties: Aug - 5; Sept - 12; Oct - 18; Nov - 1

I'll edit later to break those down by parties/month.

EDIT: Updated the info above. October has been steady at 18 parties since at least 2015, and at least 15 parties since 2012.

It's been odd-numbered years getting a November 1 party, except for 2012, which had a November 2 party. 2022-2023 continued that.

And once $lappie was installed as head of P&R, the number of Halloween parties has increased every year (along with ticket and average ticket prices), from 25 in 2015 (before he had his claws into everything) to 36 in 2019. Josh D'ollar has continued $lappie's work there, with 37 dates in 2022 and 38 dates in 2023.

But we really should take this discussion to a different thread, it's not related at all to a MK nighttime parade. :)

IanDLBZF

It's been odd-numbered years getting a November 1 party, except for 2012, which had a November 2 party. 2022-2023 continued that.
Supposedly before the pandemic hit, we were supposed to have a November 1 party in 2020. However, we all know what happened and Halloween parties got canceled.

Touchdown

They will not be shipping MSEP across the country. It may have finally glowed away forever.
I hope floats like the train, a bug, and Elliott have one more trip left in them, to San Francisco as a new permanent exhibit in the Walt Disney Museum or if they can’t show it, the Smithsonian, because that’s where those floats belong.

TTA94

So the smoke on this is either Paint the Night or a new build. That's good to hear. Hopefully it's a new build, inspired by SpectroMagic.

One of my fears with a new build is something that is not a traditional style light parade, for example something like TDLs Nightfall Glow. I know Nightfall Glow is a rainy night parade and extremely short. I could see them wanting to do something that is not going to be maintenance heavy, something that will withstand the Florida humidity and overall not costly to operate. Paint The Night or anything like Dreamlights unfortunately does not fit that bill.

Andrew25

Well MSEP wasn't designed for Florida, so I'd imagine a night parade intended for WDW will utilize better tech to accommodate Florida weather.

TTA94

Well MSEP wasn't designed for Florida, so I'd imagine a night parade intended for WDW will utilize better tech to accommodate Florida weather.

Well WDW originally had its own set of MSEP floats and of course Spectro. I’m sure back when these were built the Florida climate was not of concern to them. The problem is the tech now a days might be problematic, at least that was one of the many rumored excuses why Paint The Night has not made the trip.

aladdin2007

So the smoke on this is either Paint the Night or a new build. That's good to hear. Hopefully it's a new build, inspired by SpectroMagic.
as much as I want that too, I don't think its in them anymore nor would they know how to do something that grand again. Whatever they do its probably going to aim too high trying to be hip/trendy/and pop. Like paint the night or lumunious.

TTA94

as much as I want that too, I don't think its in them anymore nor would they know how to do something that grand again. Whatever they do its probably going to aim too high trying to be hip/trendy/and pop. Like paint the night or lumunious.

Soundtrack wise I could see them using Spectros music again but in a new modern way, similar to how they used baroque hoedown (MSEP) with Paint The Night. Just hopefully not in a pop/dance way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom