MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

TTA94

The "whimsical elegance" entertainment directive at MK has been gone for more than a decade. Temper expectations here. As much as *we* love Spectro, it's not the direction this is going in.

Well MK is definitely not new to the party type entertainment. Surprise Celebration and Mickey Mania.

spectromagic04

The "whimsical elegance" entertainment directive at MK has been gone for more than a decade. Temper expectations here. As much as *we* love Spectro, it's not the direction this is going in.
I’m somehow getting the vibe we aren’t getting an electrical light parade. More of a nighttime version move it shake it dance party with more elaborate floats.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Some future D23 when they announce some lame nighttime dance party and call it a nighttime parade:
Awkward Players Association GIF by NBPA

VS

The reaction if they announce a new SpectroMagic parade:
Applaud Standing Ovation GIF by Black Market
come on yes GIF by Liverpool FC

mqmn3hhcvzoxtdxaixpt.gif

and especially:
1714444213071.png

doctornick

I detest Paint the Night's rave-like beat and pop music, hard pass if that's what they go with. Even some of the floats are pretty lousy, with the Monsters Inc TV screens being especially lame.

IMHO the ideal would be a copy of Dreamlights from Tokyo or at least something similar to that.

(But personally, I'm cool with PTN even if it wouldn't be my first choice)

SpectroMan93

I hope it’s at least in line with the “contemporary elegance” we’ve seen with recent entertainment. Festival of Fantasy and Happily Ever After have scores that fit that tone and I hope this follows suit.

TTA94

IMHO the ideal would be a copy of Dreamlights from Tokyo or at least something similar to that.

Maybe the Dreamlights floats Tokyo replaced over the years were secretly saved for WDW? Lol. Wouldn’t be the first time WDW purchased floats from TDL, like the two in FoF.

McMickeyWorld

I'm a huge fan of Spectro Magic and MSEP, but personally, I'd like something more modern and less cheesy. I feel like Magic Kingdom, in a way, got stuck in the 2010s, and not in a cool-nostalgic way, but rather outdated. It's much more noticeable when comparing it to the other resorts. Personally, I'd like to see the creatives behind Magic Happens and Dream and Shine Brighter-A Million Splashes of Colour.

wdwfan22

I'm a huge fan of Spectro Magic and MSEP, but personally, I'd like something more modern and less cheesy. I feel like Magic Kingdom, in a way, got stuck in the 2010s, and not in a cool-nostalgic way, but rather outdated. It's much more noticeable when comparing it to the other resorts. Personally, I'd like to see the creatives behind Magic Happens and Dream and Shine Brighter-A Million Splashes of Colour.
Magic Happens is on par with Festival of Fantasy. The Disneyland Paris stuff is just a mashup of Disney music with characters dancing. Basically a move it shake it type show. We don't need that again. We need full parade performances.

McMickeyWorld

Magic Happens is on par with Festival of Fantasy. The Disneyland Paris stuff is just a mashup of Disney music with characters dancing. Basically a move it shake it type show. We don't need that again. We need full parade performances.
I agree with that, but the costume design is just too good. Despite being more casual, it remains fresh.

TarzanRocked99-

I don’t remember Spectro ever going the reverse route, but I wasn’t there much during its early days so maybe it did.
It never did, the floats had no way to turn around backstage. Spectro ran the same direction twice. Frontierland to Main Street in the early years and then Main Street to Frontierland for most of its existence. If the parade ran twice a night, the floats would drop the performers at parade base after the first run and then immediately cycle back around to behind Main Street and stage for the second performance.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
It never did, the floats had no way to turn around backstage. Spectro ran the same direction twice. Frontierland to Main Street in the early years and then Main Street to Frontierland for most of its existence. If the parade ran twice a night, the floats would drop the performers at parade base after the first run and then immediately cycle back around to behind Main Street and stage for the second performance.
I literally saw it happen with my own eyes multiple times. The 11pm parade would run in the opposite direction as the 9pm.

EricsBiscuit

Spectro was not cheesy at all. It was elegant and whimsical. It was a classic in every sense of the word. It was the embodiment of the phrase “Disney Magic.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom