MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

jrhwdw

Did someone say MK can’t run a light parade and nighttime show? Of course they can lol. It won’t be a pretty experience for crowd control CMs between a parade and fireworks though lol. I would imagine the majority of the current CMs were not around when MSEP and Wishes were running.
I know some people were thinking MK didn't want to throw a Parade into the crowds HEA draws. I've never believed that....

pdude81

They need to get those tickets on sale ASAP so they can sell out! Influencers have already bought special eye shadow and purple press-on nails for their “oh my God, guyssss…we’re here! Happy HalloweeEeEeeen!” live stream on August 9…
Do you happen to know when they might announce the dates for MNSSHP this year? Planning a late August trip and want to get my hotel nights set up correctly. I don't want to create a new thread for a stupid question so I'm following up on the last mention I can find. Looks like August was Tuesdays and Fridays in recent years, so I'm hoping that keeps up in 2024. Targeting 8/30 with my son on a mini trip.

Squishy

Do you happen to know when they might announce the dates for MNSSHP this year? Planning a late August trip and want to get my hotel nights set up correctly. I don't want to create a new thread for a stupid question so I'm following up on the last mention I can find. Looks like August was Tuesdays and Fridays in recent years, so I'm hoping that keeps up in 2024. Targeting 8/30 with my son on a mini trip.
Last year they announced the dates on April 20th so hopefully this coming week.

Touchdown

Fireworks are only weekends during slow time and if there’s any wind at all the fireworks get cancelled. Wdw has more shows spread throughout the other parks atleast
Except for Christmas season (nov&dec) when it’s daily, and Summer, and anniversary years…

MK is bigger and designed to handle bigger crowds it can and should do better.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I can’t imagine they wait past this week. 4/30 is “Halfway to Halloween”. Last year, it was mid-April.

Touchdown

None of those are slow times
Disneyland would do fireworks every night but Anaheim restricts it due to the neighborhoods surrounding the park as evident by fireworks going 365 for major anniversaries, as for your complaint about the wind, there’s this little road called I5 directly behind Disneyland, if the wind is going to cause flaming debris to rain down on vehicles then the show should probably be canceled. DLR is restricted from what they can do by external factors, MK is only restricted by internal factors and penny pinching.

Centauri Space Station

Disneyland would do fireworks every night but Anaheim restricts it due to the neighborhoods surrounding the park as evident by fireworks going 365 for major anniversaries, as for your complaint about the wind, there’s this little road called I5 directly behind Disneyland, if the wind is going to cause flaming debris to rain down on vehicles then the show should probably be canceled. DLR is restricted from what they can do by external factors, MK is only restricted by internal factors and penny pinching.
Never said any different. Fact is MK plays fireworks basically nightly without fail

Centauri Space Station

It’s also not the case that there are parties 4x/week for the entirety of the fall interval. That’s basically October and December (through about the 22nd). So it’s like 8 weeks.
Parties are usually every other night and they give fireworks before the parties sometimes so it’s not like most will miss fireworks if they plan accordingly

gerarar

Premium Member
Fantasmic! should be done nightly year-round at Disneyland to give guests a true nighttime spectacular when regular fireworks isn't possible (either due to winds or city restrictions).

Yet, it too goes weekends only during the "slow" times of the year and guests only have projection shows to fallback on. Yay to Mickeys Mix Magic though!

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Fantasmic! should be done nightly year-round at Disneyland to give guests a true nighttime spectacular when regular fireworks isn't possible (either due to winds or city restrictions).

Yet, it too goes weekends only during the "slow" times of the year and guests only have projection shows to fallback on. Yay to Mickeys Mix Magic though!
At least they have World Of Color

ToTBellHop

My first trip to Disneyland was during my March Spring Break for 5 days. 15 mph winds canceled Believe…There’s Magic in the Stars when we arrived Saturday so no fireworks for us…and no Fantasmic! WoC didn’t exist. All we got was Disney’s Electrical Parade at DCA…

Took the wife and kid a few years back and all they had was Mix Magic…

Nit the best track record for me. I go to WDW for fireworks.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom