MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Because someone at WDW forgot to vet their playlist?

Several years ago, there was a band with an Indian-related name who chanted 'scalp 'em' as they marched.

After that, bands with Indian logos or mascot had to cover their logo/mascot. One band that refused got disinvited.

So... look for a memo to go out to schools with an updated playlist policy...

Y'all know that we'll be finding references to Splash and SotS for years to come throughout the parks because finding every single last reference will take a while given the immensity of the parks and merchandising... right? It not like they have a book that lists where every reference appears and can make a 100% clean sweep.

And every time an undeleted reference is found, those sore about the retheme will bring out the old canard of that showing that Disney somehow secretly? approves of that reference or was insincere about 'burying' SotS.
A band near where I live recently did a parade down Main Street and they are the Indians and had an Indian logo on some of their uniforms.

I’m not sure what the rules are, but that one band that chanted scalp em might have made new rules on chants for sure

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A band near where I live recently did a parade down Main Street and they are the Indians and had an Indian logo on some of their uniforms.

I’m not sure what the rules are, but that one band that chanted scalp em might have made new rules on chants for sure
More than likely the WDW employee responsible for booking and vetting is no longer with the company given the COVID and the recent purges to save costs.

And they lost the post-it note they left behind that said, "No Indian stuff!!"

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
And why can't it be in FOF if Bands can play it??????
I played piano for DCL in 2022 and we were very clearly told not to play anything from Song of the South as that, (along with the solo repertoire of Michael Jackson?), was banned from being played at the corporate level. And yet, someone booked a wedding on the ship and had Zip A Dee Doo Dah listed as their recessional song. I was told to turn down my volume very specifically to try to keep anyone else from hearing it. Suffice it to say, I think that was its last appearance on the Disney Wish

also the way they did it in Festival of Fantasy is so lazy. The chords being played while no vocals are being sung are very obviously Zip A Dee Doo Dah.

Comped

I played piano for DCL in 2022 and we were very clearly told not to play anything from Song of the South as that, (along with the solo repertoire of Michael Jackson?), was banned from being played at the corporate level. And yet, someone booked a wedding on the ship and had Zip A Dee Doo Dah listed as their recessional song. I was told to turn down my volume very specifically to try to keep anyone else from hearing it. Suffice it to say, I think that was its last appearance on the Disney Wish

also the way they did it in Festival of Fantasy is so lazy. The chords being played while no vocals are being sung are very obviously Zip A Dee Doo Dah.
Very interesting. Particularly the Michael Jackson part considering that MJ had a long association with the company, publicly and privately. If I were a betting man I would say it had something to do with accusations made against Mr. Jackson over the years and Disney not being interested in any controversy with playing his music.

TTA94

If Frontierland is expected to be converted to New Orleans... I think a night parade won't happen until its completed? Would reduce a significant amount of parade viewing.

Good point. I doubt they will close the whole area or street but it will significantly affect parade viewing.

TTA94

While it was doable to run FoF during the Hub redo, the question is will they want to bring back a light parade, potentially a brand new one, with a bunch of walls up significantly limiting parade viewing?

I mean there’s a chance, though very small, that they could get the Frontierland redo done before next summer, IF it’s just basically facade changes and retheme.

Squishy

While it was doable to run FoF during the Hub redo, the question is will they want to bring back a light parade, potentially a brand new one, with a bunch of walls up significantly limiting parade viewing?

I mean there’s a chance, though very small, that they could get the Frontierland redo done before next summer, IF it’s just basically facade changes and retheme.
I doubt it will be that extensive, they'll probably redo some signs and repaint some things, maybe retouch one or two facades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom