MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

jrhwdw

Both of which are dead and gone and instead of relying on another parks hand me downs THE MOST POPULAR AND PROFITABLE theme park in the world should get its own brand new parade. Getting this back is yet again another sign that Disney does not care for their Florida property as much as their international parks or their California park. Every castle park in the world (other then DL Shanghai) has received a brand new electric parade since MK got one.
DLP got WDW's MSEP and TDL's Fanti

brb1006

Yes. Called MSEP. Yes, the MK version has since be lost - have we ever found out exactly what happened to it? Lost at sea? Or is it sitting somewhere in Hong Kong? - but it’s disingenuous to act like MSEP never was a MK parade. Borrowing DL’s version of MSEP is a much more recent phenomenon.
MSEP and the WDW's clone of the parade doesn't count. Spectromagic was WDW's own electrical parade that never got cloned. Unlike MSEP and PTN or borrowed like Fantillusion

correcaminos

MSEP and the WDW's clone of the parade doesn't count. Spectromagic was WDW's own electrical parade that never got cloned. Unlike MSEP and PTN or borrowed like Fantillusion
They made it to fit the streets of MK vs DL so not a clone and honestly so much in parks are pulled from each other. Especially in the 70s. Seriously it's time to be like Elsa and let it go...

Californian Elitist

Both of which are dead and gone and instead of relying on another parks hand me downs THE MOST POPULAR AND PROFITABLE theme park in the world should get its own brand new parade. Getting this back is yet again another sign that Disney does not care for their Florida property as much as their international parks or their California park. Every castle park in the world (other then DL Shanghai) has received a brand new electric parade since MK got one.
I wouldn’t say that Disney doesn’t care about WDW, though I would say they don’t really necessarily care about the fanbase on either coast. I honestly believe Disney caters to the respective audience of each resort on the west and east. Disneyland fans eat up nostalgia whenever it’s presented to them. They tend to be repeaters and have a very interesting relationship with Disneyland, one that I find difficult to explain and one that I’ve yet to see for any other theme park that I’ve been to. It almost feels like DL is a grandparent, or that favorite uncle. That’s the best way I can describe it right now. It’s personal. If anyone has been to DL multiple times, they’d know what I’m talking about.

I’ve only been to WDW once, particularly MK, and while the resort obviously has its diehard fans, they seemed to be outnumbered. Or maybe they weren’t necessarily outnumbered, but there were a lot of folks from out of town, which I think is important to consider. I heard various accents and saw many guests in typical “out of town” gear (matching family vacation t-shirts).

I don’t think Disney is purposefully giving WDW fans the shaft. It almost feels like they believe fans wouldn’t necessarily care about the things that DL fans gush over, so they don’t bother putting in the same effort, if that makes sense. This was painfully obvious during my visit. If there weren’t banners outside the park, and if I wasn’t already a fan, I wouldn’t have known that WDW was celebrating its 50th anniversary. I’m based in California and was there during DL’s 50th and 60th anniversaries; both were WAY more extensive than WDW’s current 50th, which made TDO’s lack of effort stick out even more to me. It seemed like business as usual, and, for the most part, the guests were eating up the crumbs that were given. WDW also has a problem with leaching on to DL’s history, which is a shame. They don’t seem to care about their own. This doesn’t help in the least. DL is privileged in that way, being the original. That has a lot to do with the differences, too.

These are just theories of mine. WDW fans need their own parade. Not DL’s.

TTA94

The only way WDW will get a brand new nighttime parade is if the suits feel it’s necessary to improve MKs nighttime entertainment and if the west coasts parades are not able to be borrowed. The unfortunate part, to some, is HEA and, surprisingly, DE has proven to be enough to satisfy the vast majority of guests. The only reason I can think of that may spark the need for the return of A nighttime parade is the upcoming popularity of Tron, which id imagine will be more popular in the evenings. They may feel it’s necessary to bring in something else to draw guests to in the evenings other than Tron.

jrhwdw

The only way WDW will get a brand new nighttime parade is if the suits feel it’s necessary to improve MKs nighttime entertainment and if the west coasts parades are not able to be borrowed. The unfortunate part, to some, is HEA and, surprisingly, DE has proven to be enough to satisfy the vast majority of guests. The only reason I can think of that may spark the need for the return of A nighttime parade is the upcoming popularity of Tron, which id imagine will be more popular in the evenings. They may feel it’s necessary to bring in something else to draw guests to in the evenings other than Tron.
So, are People finally warming up to Enchantment and even Harm????? Does that do anything to the HEA 2023 Rumors???

Wonder if MK has feedback yet on 2 Enchantments a Night......

TrojanUSC

They made a decision to shove the entire park into Main Street and the Hub to enjoy fireworks due to the projections, which means a nighttime parade would become a logistical nightmare. It also costs them an arm & a leg to run parades with staffing - something they aren't eager to increase.

Touchdown

They made a decision to shove the entire park into Main Street and the Hub to enjoy fireworks due to the projections, which means a nighttime parade would become a logistical nightmare. It also costs them an arm & a leg to run parades with staffing - something they aren't eager to increase.
Oh there are ways, imagine first night parade step off at 8:15 from MSUSA, fireworks 9:00. Once the parade has passed the hub close off the Liberty Square Bridge and Adventureland bridge into the hub, force everyone who wants to come to the hub to come in through TL making it impossible to get to the hub in time for the show. 10:00 step off of second parade, 11:00 close.

TrojanUSC

Oh there are ways, imagine first night parade step off at 8:15 from MSUSA, fireworks 9:00. Once the parade has passed the hub close off the Liberty Square Bridge and Adventureland bridge into the hub, force everyone who wants to come to the hub to come in through TL making it impossible to get to the hub in time for the show. 10:00 step off of second parade, 11:00 close.

There are ways but this assumes there is an appetite for the labor and operational headaches. There isn't. The parties are unique cases because it's hard ticketed and guest feedback for the DAH events was sub-par.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom