MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

brb1006

Marketing came up with the idea - and Walt Disney Entertainment (and later the parks themselves) embraced it because it made a ton of paper revenue that could be attributed to entertainment - from people coming in droves to see something they swore would never return. Of course Disney got a little greedy and kept bringing out the reanimated corpse a few more times than they should have...
Ever since the mid to late 2010s, Disney currently uses MSEP as their version of "In Case of Emergency Break Glass" approach when things don't turn out well at Disneyland and to attract more positive buzz. The opening of the DL version of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge comes to mind since Disney announced the parade returning four months afterwards.

jrhwdw

Ever since the mid to late 2010s, Disney currently uses MSEP as their version of "In Case of Emergency Break Glass" approach when things don't turn out well at Disneyland and to attract more positive buzz. The opening of the DL version of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge comes to mind since Disney announced the parade returning four months afterwards.
Still shocked that MSEP is not filling in for F! this time........

aladdin2007

Does Fantillusion still exist or is it running at DLP or?
I would be happy to even just have Nightfall Glow, for being a temp parade for rain it sure is nice.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
Does Fantillusion still exist or is it running at DLP or?
I would be happy to even just have Nightfall Glow, for being a temp parade for rain it sure is nice.
Sadly, Fantillusion has been dismantled for some time now. Some of the floats have been rebuilt for use in other parades - notably Mickey’s opening float became a cornucopia in the Halloween parade

TTA94

Sadly, Fantillusion has been dismantled for some time now. Some of the floats have been rebuilt for use in other parades - notably Mickey’s opening float became a cornucopia in the Halloween parade

Dismantled and thrown in the dumpster or dismantled in a way that it could be brought back to life? Even if they could reassemble them they would need to rebuild some of the floats, so it probably wouldn’t be worth it to them.

TTA94

I hope WDW fans do not get slapped in the face once again and they announce PTN returning to DL next year and nothing for WDW. DL getting the spotlight for entertainment at the D23 events has been the trend.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
Dismantled and thrown in the dumpster or dismantled in a way that it could be brought back to life? Even if they could reassemble them they would need to rebuild some of the floats, so it probably wouldn’t be worth it to them.
Unfortunately, can’t come back to life. Which is a total shame, the music for that parade was out of this world good. I feel like I heard it somewhere on WDW property in the last few weeks to my surprise…I want to say Artist Point?

TTA94

Update from the destination d23 thread. Steve said again he believes it’s to early for a night parade announcement.

The question is, could a parade still happen in 2024 with a announcement at a later date? Or is a parade further out? Hopefully Not the latter.

TTA94

If their plans are for a parade in a couple years and based on things that have been mentioned here, that Could potentially mean Tokyos Dreamlights could be heading to WDW, or some version of it. There were rumors of Dreamlights coming to a end at TDL in a few years. Of course there’s also the chance for something brand new to, but overall my thinking is if we don’t get a parade in 2024 then there’s a higher chance it’s Not MSEP or PTN.

jrhwdw

If their plans are for a parade in a couple years and based on things that have been mentioned here, that Could potentially mean Tokyos Dreamlights could be heading to WDW, or some version of it. There were rumors of Dreamlights coming to a end at TDL in a few years. Of course there’s also the chance for something brand new to, but overall my thinking is if we don’t get a parade in 2024 then there’s a higher chance it’s Not MSEP or PTN.
If this Weekend is too early, fine but if this doesn't happen in 2024. You do start to wonder if TDO is serious about this. Also, if both Coasts can't use Night Parades, things NEED to Change at TWDC so they Can!

Splash4eva

A parade is probably the only possible draw they can realistically pull off in time to lessen the eventual blow they will take once EU opens up…

TTA94

If this Weekend is too early, fine but if this doesn't happen in 2024. You do start to wonder if TDO is serious about this. Also, if both Coasts can't use Night Parades, things NEED to Change at TWDC so they Can!

It is strange because when that MSEP and PTN rumor came up in March the only thing that was said on here was the content and location may not be accurate. The 2024 date wasn’t in question. Of course things do change and nothing was said that we’d actually get a announcement at Destination D23.

If WDW isn’t expected to get one in 2024 I assume DL will still move forward with PTN? But still they may or may not be ready to announce Summer 2024 plans.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

No Night Parade Talk, as warned by Steve.

Would be nice if MK was still looking at 2024 for this and improving FOF and other things...........

Squishy

1694273066835.png

jrhwdw

Just about 8 Years after MSEP Closing Announcement!!! Absolutely Crazy!!!!!!!

Now we have to Hope and Pray that MK has the Money and Plans are already Greenlighted if TDO wants to wait that long, to D23 Next Year! Sigh!!!!!!!!

It should be noted that No Night Parades for Any Park was talked about... So DLR doesn't have any Plans either....Honestly!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom