MSEP coming to Orlando?

TTA94

IDK...............With all the effort Disney's trying to cover for Chappie here, let's hope the same effort goes into PTN's Announcement!! It'd be nice to finally end that Fiasco at WDW! Even if DHS gets it!

Agreed on ending the fiasco lol. It’s just unfortunate PTN will turn into more of a cavalcade with 4 or 5 floats and probably very few performers. At least that’s the way some on here are making it sound like. It would be way more exciting if some of the floats were going to be swapped out for new ones that fit better, size wise and theme wise, maybe a new soundtrack, and Paint going to MK where a light parade belongs. If DHS was set up like DCA with a proper parade route I’d feel differently about it.

jrhwdw

Agreed on ending the fiasco lol. It’s just unfortunate PTN will turn into more of a cavalcade with 4 or 5 floats and probably very few performers. At least that’s the way some on here are making it sound like. It would be way more exciting if some of the floats were going to be swapped out for new ones that fit better, size wise and theme wise, maybe a new soundtrack, and Paint going to MK where a light parade belongs. If DHS was set up like DCA with a proper parade route I’d feel differently about it.
I agree that PTN in MK would end the Fiasco "Full Circle" but, I won't be ticked if DHS wins PTN. Not saying it's not weird that the Night Parade Era is moving from MK to DHS(if that's Disney's decision), I'm just not going to fight it.

I don't Hate DHS' Parade route. It was big/wide enough for the New Movie Parades of the 90's before Stars and Motorcars, and DCA's BPB did fit on the route. I do miss the Central Flower Bed the 90's Parades had to go around like MK's Hub before MGM got the 100 Years Of Magic Hat.

doctornick

I doubt this event is even a blip on his radar. It is fully in Josh D'Amaro's department. He was around on the 30th for the Oct 1 event. D23 is just a fan event.
But D23 isn’t just parks oriented. Isn’t it a fan club for all of Disney (parks, movies, TV, etc)? I don’t care if Chapek isn’t there but I don’t think it’s quite true to say D23 is fully D’Amaro’s department, though some sessions obviously are

doctornick

Agreed on ending the fiasco lol. It’s just unfortunate PTN will turn into more of a cavalcade with 4 or 5 floats and probably very few performers.

Honestly, I think it would be pretty good if they ditched Mack and the Cars unit but had both the Frozen and Incredible ones. Would that be possible?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Honestly, I think it would be pretty good if they ditched Mack and the Cars unit but had both the Frozen and Incredible ones. Would that be possible?
DHS would probably for sure want the Incredibles unit; given Pixar’s presence and history in the parks. I would think probably Frozen too, but who knows?

Last edited:

doctornick

So do we think they’d bring back FoF and start PTN the same day? Especially if PTN is indeed going to DHS then it would help with spreading crowds/attention - though people could hop to DHS in that case.

would be great if they could also do Fantasmic! and a replacement for RoL.

thomas998

As long as it is not returning to the Magic Kingdom... Hard to believe with all the cancelled attractions and plussing for the 50th we didn't at least get a new version of Spectromagic or something new...
Think about it... would Disney want to spend the money to create a new Spectromagic since the old one was lost to a storm... or take the cheap way out and just reuse a parade from DL? Until Disney starts seeing demand drop and think the only way to get visitors is to pump money into new and improved parades we are only going to get the cheapest options each and every time.

ImperfectPixie

Speaking of Incredibles...Disney might be a little more than upset when they find out that there's a certain thing that's not legal in every state called Incredibles. (I literally saw an ad for it while reading this thread and was curious!)

Magic Feather

I started to mention logistics issues in the Destination D thread, but anyone questioning what could make the trip, I'd encourage you to look at an aerial view of the MK Parade Route around Lib. That turn and bridge are the two biggest limiters in MK's Parades. Then look at an aerial view of DHS's parade route right near the entrance...

trainplane3

I started to mention logistics issues in the Destination D thread, but anyone questioning what could make the trip, I'd encourage you to look at an aerial view of the MK Parade Route around Lib. That turn and bridge are the two biggest limiters in MK's Parades. Then look at an aerial view of DHS's parade route right near the entrance...
I was wondering about that hard left turn. Even if they go to the right and loop around to head down Hollywood, it's still a tight fit.

TTA94

Not sure if Disney will announce which floats are and are not coming to FL, though Mac was pretty popular I think. Cutting it isn’t the issue as much as replacing it with something else. And I think they need to rebuild the Frozen float… among adding several others. Two that come to mind are Moana and Coco. Will that happen? Probably a hard no lol.

ToTBellHop

DHS’s parade route, in particular, certainly isn’t ideal. And it’s ironic that DL can accommodate bigger parades than MK. No surprise that DCA can accommodate a lot since it was built with strong parade route infrastructure.

doctornick

DHS’s parade route, in particular, certainly isn’t ideal. And it’s ironic that DL can accommodate bigger parades than MK. No surprise that DCA can accommodate a lot since it was built with strong parade route infrastructure.
One of the things I was hoping would come out of any DHS expansion- with the Echo Lake area in particular - was a longer/better parade route. Hopefully someday when they revisit they are build a large Indians Jones land or whatever, they’ll expand into the parking and increase the park footprint and improve parade layouts.

And then y’know actually run parades regularly

bubbles1812

I would love to see MSEP again. However, I've never seen PTN so I wouldn't mind seeing that either.
To each their own! MSEP is my excuse to go ride some rides while they have low wait times. I grew up with SpectroMagic, so MSEP was pretty meh to me the first time I watched it. I’d take PTN any day, even though I know it’s not the most well loved parade. Least it’d be something new for WDW, if a new parade is not in the cards (heavy sigh).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom