MSEP coming to Orlando?

TTA94

I've only seen PTN in Hong Kong. When can I see you again in Cantonese (or Mandarin?) is a bop.

I personally wouldn’t mind a new soundtrack for PTN. I don’t mind When Can We Do This Again and yes it’s very fun and upbeat, but it has nothing to do with the parades name. I think something like Hong Kong’s show stop would have been better. My other vote would be a rework of Shanghai’s Illuminate song called Light Inside You. Still upbeat but with more meaning behind it.

pdude81

I started to mention logistics issues in the Destination D thread, but anyone questioning what could make the trip, I'd encourage you to look at an aerial view of the MK Parade Route around Lib. That turn and bridge are the two biggest limiters in MK's Parades. Then look at an aerial view of DHS's parade route right near the entrance...
I'd assumed if they were going to try this at DHS they'd have to start by LMRA, head down Sunset, take that right onto the main drag, left just before the theater, down past echo lake, and out past the Jedi training area next to Star Tours. That or the opposite direction as long as they were done before F! let's out. Trying to turn up near the entrance seems like a nightmare.

You're right though that there are a few spots in any DHS route that make it a PITA. I'd be quite happy if this showed up in MK even. Especially if that would give us the whole thing and not fewer floats.

TTA94

I'd assumed if they were going to try this at DHS they'd have to start by LMRA, head down Sunset, take that right onto the main drag, left just before the theater, down past echo lake, and out past the Jedi training area next to Star Tours. That or the opposite direction as long as they were done before F! let's out. Trying to turn up near the entrance seems like a nightmare.

You're right though that there are a few spots in any DHS route that make it a PITA. I'd be quite happy if this showed up in MK even. Especially if that would give us the whole thing and not fewer floats.

I hope they end up picking MK. Yes it would fit better theme wise at DHS but for it to work right it seems they would have to make a lot of modifications. MK would not require any modifications I don’t think. As for Mac hopefully they can replace it with something else.

vikescaper

I wasn’t one for the parades pre-pandemic but I actually miss them. That said, send us either PTN or MSEP and I’ll be there watching!

TTA94

@ToTBellHop Will this be a “limited run” for PTN at WDW until it heads back west? or more on the permanent side?
I’d be all for a brand new parade for the 100th with PTN as a interim. Fat chance of that I know lol. Just hope however long PTN is in FL it stays until there’s a replacement and we don’t go through another drought again.

TTA94

Was just thinking it would be funny if WDW was getting Hong Kong’s floats instead of DLs lol. So far PTN at Hong Kong hasn’t returned yet.

wdwfan22

@ToTBellHop Will this be a “limited run” for PTN at WDW until it heads back west? or more on the permanent side?
I’d be all for a brand new parade for the 100th with PTN as a interim. Fat chance of that I know lol. Just hope however long PTN is in FL it stays until there’s a replacement and we don’t go through another drought again.
Everything begins as a limited run and ends up staying for years.

doctornick

I actually would be cool with something simple:
1. Run FoF during the day at MK
2. Ship PTN over and run at night at MK
3. Run Fantasmic! at night at DHS
4. Ship Magic Happens and do one daytime and one nighttime show at DHS

Oh and while they’re at it, actually do a proper nighttime show at DAK as a replacement for RoL

jrhwdw

Still no PTN anywhere!!!! Honestly!!!! IDK why Blog Mickey sent us down a Rabbit Hole!!! Good thing we have 2022 for F!, FOF, New MRFF........

TTA94

Still no PTN anywhere!!!! Honestly!!!! IDK why Blog Mickey sent us down a Rabbit Hole!!! Good thing we have 2022 for F!, FOF, New MRFF........

Let this be a lesson for us to never believe any nighttime parade rumors for WDW.

One good thing that came out of this is it was false DHS was getting a night time parade over MK! Thank goodness!

jrhwdw

It's actually being moved to Iger's mansion for tonight's farewell party, there was a schedule conflict and it couldn't be moved to WDW.
Like it would have opened in a Park tonight anyway! IDK why the Bobs wanted Dinner out of FL on D23 weekend....

1 thing I can't figure out is: Is TC on to something or are the Bobs a non issue that created Chaos the last 96 Hours??????

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Let this be a lesson for us to never believe any nighttime parade rumors for WDW.

One good thing that came out of this is it was false DHS was getting a night time parade over MK! Thank goodness!
I hear you but like I said before, I would have acepted DHS PTN. It would have been weird over MK but I would have gave DHS My Blessing.

TTA94

Could be many reasons behind PTN not getting announced but I wonder if one of them could have to do with the fact that Hong Kong has not been able to bring back their PTN yet. Maybe Josh and them do not want to announce ours (The US version) returning before HKs returns?

jrhwdw

Could be many reasons behind PTN not getting announced but I wonder if one of them could have to do with the fact that Hong Kong has not been able to bring back their PTN yet. Maybe Josh and them do not want to announce ours (The US version) returning before HKs returns?
I'm a little surprised that no News/Rumors/anything is out there for HKDL's Flights Of Fantasy and PTN. Everything looks back at HKDL, why hold up the Parades and move Fireworks till 2022? That Pyro Show was supposed to be for the 15th correct?

TTA94

I'm a little surprised that no News/Rumors/anything is out there for HKDL's Flights Of Fantasy and PTN. Everything looks back at HKDL, why hold up the Parades and move Fireworks till 2022? That Pyro Show was supposed to be for the 15th correct?

I don’t know what HKs covid situation is like still but yeah it is odd. So is MH not returning yet FoF is? So odd. Cost cutting most likely.

jrhwdw

I don’t know what HKs covid situation is like still but yeah it is odd. So is MH not returning yet FoF is? So odd. Cost cutting most likely.
ESP when the Tree Lighting is back, It was only 4 Singers to start with before COVID but still. Christmastime Ball is back, even a new Snowfall Snow wtih Santa Goofy! 1 more important thing is Mickey and Minnie are back embracing in both Castle Shows!! First time in any Disney Park since March 2020 I believe. So...HKDL should furthest along if Mickey And Minnie are back Kissing and holding Hands.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom