Mr. Potato Head Broken

Jones14

The path to the third track runs through where Mr. Potato Head / the access point to him sat. That's why he's gone, and why he'll be back next year. He wasn't removed for any other reason (as far as I was informed) than that he was in the way and there's nowhere else to put him in the current configuration.

EPICOT

There are two characters from Song Of The South missing from Splash Mountain. :)

My point is that Disney stakes all their bets nowadays on one animatronic and then does nothing when it breaks down. Back when they built epic attractions with dozens of animatronics, 1 or 2 not working really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.

Imagine 1 broken animatronic in Navi River Journey vs. 1 broken animatronic in Splash Mtn. Quite a big difference.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
My point is that Disney stakes all their bets nowadays on one animatronic and then does nothing when it breaks down. Back when they built epic attractions with dozens of animatronics, 1 or 2 not working really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.

Imagine 1 broken animatronic in Navi River Journey vs. 1 broken animatronic in Splash Mtn. Quite a big difference.
Except a queue isn't an attraction, it's just something to distract you while you wait.

ElleJay1119

I had no idea about this until tonight reading this thread. I specifically planned not doing fastpasses at HS (we're hitting Epcot in the afternoon) so my 2 year old Mr Potato Head obsessed son could see MPH in the queue. I'm so upset by this news! We laugh that our son likes the "deep cut" characters. Floyd Pepper, the Count, Plastic Man, Mr Potato Head. At least there is still the Muppet movie at HS.

Kman101

Why is it that almost every attraction at WDW that has a single anamtontric is broken, missing, etc?

-The Yeti on EE
-MPH in TSMM
-Gravity Wheel in M:S (not anamotronic but it's a signature part of the attraction)

Any others that I'm missing? I just find it really pathetic that these rides have only 1 moving thing to take care of, yet even that seems too much work.

You don't know that Potato Head is "broken".

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Except isn't Disney all about going above and beyond what one would normally expect? You may be fine with a lame queue, but it's still bad show regardless.

Disney USED to be all about above and beyond,

Now they are all about fleecing so called guests of all their money much like the 'amusement park' operators Walt Disney built Disneyland as a response to.

Would I care so deeply about MPH if TWDC deeply discounted the tickets to DHS as a compact with the guest hey we are rebuilding and not offering the 'Full Experience' no that would be ok as Disney would be saying dont expect everything to work.

Instead Disney charges full price, so by extension the guest is entitled to the full experience.

A simple analogy would you pay sticker price for a new car if it was missing all its exterior trim? - dealer says it functions just like the rest its just missing the trim and therefore im charging full price

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Shh. Logic. Doesn't fit the narrative ;)

No narrative here other than Disney puts MARGIN ahead of guest experience.

Heck in the freaking earnings call the major initiative at the parks was 'Increasing Margin'. Let that sink in.

No discussion on adding investment for that neat stuff "promised at D23" nope just more cost cutting and price increases.

Yup increase MARGIN. was the big parks initiative, Read another way 'Decreased value per guest dollar'

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Does anyone but Disney install multimillion dollar animatronic figures to entertain a small percentage of their guests while they wait for the main attraction.
I don't know their respective costs, but...
Kong, Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, MiB, Ripsaw Falls, ET...

Kman101

No narrative here other than Disney puts MARGIN ahead of guest experience.

Heck in the freaking earnings call the major initiative at the parks was 'Increasing Margin'. Let that sink in.

No discussion on adding investment for that neat stuff "promised at D23" nope just more cost cutting and price increases.

Yup increase MARGIN. was the big parks initiative, Read another way 'Decreased value per guest dollar'

Has nothing to do with Mr. Potato Head missing from TSMania

peter11435

I don't know their respective costs, but...
Kong, Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, MiB, Ripsaw Falls, ET...
The point was that saying "only Disney" was absurd when referencing something that really doesn't apply anywhere but Disney and maybe one or two others.

Also I believe the figures in those attractions queues are visible to all guests experiencing the attraction not simply the 20% or so going through standby but that's beside he point.

Also the figure in the ET queue has been permanently removed... imagine that.

EPICOT

The point was that saying "only Disney" was absurd when referencing something that really doesn't apply anywhere but Disney and maybe one or two others.

Also I believe the figures in those attractions queues are visible to all guests experiencing the attraction not simply the 20% or so going through standby but that's beside he point.

Also the figure in the ET queue has been permanently removed... imagine that.

I couldn't care less about what Universal is doing. It's irrelevant to this coversation.

The point is that Disney used to hold themselves to a higher standard but now are ok with letting standards slip to save a couple bucks. How is this so hard to grasp?

peter11435

I couldn't care less about what Universal is doing. It's irrelevant to this coversation.

The point is that Disney used to hold themselves to a higher standard but now are ok with letting standards slip to save a couple bucks. How is this so hard to grasp?
I'm not the one that brought Universal into the conversation.

I see your point but you seem to want to ignore the larger needs of this project. It's not about saving a buck it's about avoiding wasteful spending. Potato heads old home is gone and his new one is not yet ready, do you honestly think they should have spent god knows what to install a temporary location with all of his necessary infastructure just to rip it out again and build it all over a third time.

Brer Oswald

Uncle Remus and the baby are missing
Oh I thought you were referring to missing or broken animatronics. But in that case, there are a lot more than two Song of the South characters missing. Johnny and Ginny aren't there, and they were pretty integral to the plot of the film. But I guess they didn't really effect the animated portions, at least not till the end.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

It's hard to grasp the concept, when you don't want to grasp the concept. For those that say MPH has not been reinstalled because of the grand plan. Yeah right, it's because Disney wanted to save the money required to do it Right which would require it to be moved when TSL opens) because its Disney its perfectly ok to have the signature feature of the standby queue missing because hey Ive got my FP who cares about those poor suckers in standby

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom