Trip Report Moving Maddy In! Experiencing Disney in a New Way

Several months back, Maddy had decided she wanted to apply for the Disney College Program. Crystal knew she had interest, but I had no idea. So this past November, I got the surprise that not only had she applied, but already had been accepted. As much as I love Disney, I wasn’t sure what to think since she was only starting her freshman year at USC. But, of course I was certain she could handle things. Now, here we are 24 hours away from making the last 6 and a half hour drive from Columbia, SC to Disney for a family weekend over Easter and her move in on Monday!

coachwnh

Original Poster
Maddy got her name tag yesterday.

73404498536__3E32EE00-7A6F-40FB-8902-63C7540E2A8D.jpeg

coachwnh

Original Poster
Just a quick update: The Magic Kingdom hosted the University of South Carolina women’s basketball coaches today. Maddy got a letter from Disney inviting her for a VIP viewing of the “What’s Next” parade and a meet and great after. She was already in Disney when they won the national title and missed out on the on campus celebration, but she loved her experience today

IMG_8333.jpeg

IMG_2117.jpeg

Image-1.jpeg

Last edited:

fractal

Just a quick update: The Magic Kingdom hosted the University of South Carolina women’s basketball coaches today. Maddy got a letter from Disney inviting her for a VIP viewing of the “What’s Next” parade and a meet and great after. She was already in Disney when they won the national title and missed out on the on campus celebration, but she loved her experience today

View attachment 782050

View attachment 782051

View attachment 782056

That's awesome - nice pic with Dawn Staley!

TheMouseFan

View attachment 782050

View attachment 782051

View attachment 782056
I will say that the better team won that game, but I'm still bitter that they beat Iowa! So cool that she got to meet Dawn Staley!

coachwnh

Original Poster
I will say that the better team won that game, but I'm still bitter that they beat Iowa! So cool that she got to meet Dawn Staley!
I get it with your son at Iowa. The kids had exciting years at school. Brayden had a fantastic football season at FSU, and Maddy with both the men and women basketball teams.

On another note, have you ever been to Wheat Penny in Dayton? One of our favorites when we head to visit Crystal's family outside St. Louis. We always make the detour in Dayton when driving from PA to Illinois to eat there. Planning on stopping in July.

Thanks for checking in and looking forward to hearing about your return to Disney

TheMouseFan

I get it with your son at Iowa. The kids had exciting years at school. Brayden had a fantastic football season at FSU, and Maddy with both the men and women basketball teams.

On another note, have you ever been to Wheat Penny in Dayton? One of our favorites when we head to visit Crystal's family outside St. Louis. We always make the detour in Dayton when driving from PA to Illinois to eat there. Planning on stopping in July.

Thanks for checking in and looking forward to hearing about your return to Disney
Good to hear they both had good years.
Logan did too and he's excited to be heading into his senior year.

We have not eaten at Wheat Penny, but we will check it out now that I've looked at the menu!

coachwnh

Original Poster
Good to hear they both had good years.
Logan did too and he's excited to be heading into his senior year.

We have not eaten at Wheat Penny, but we will check it out now that I've looked at the menu!
Great! Let me know what you think. The gluten free pizza crust is amazing. They always have an excellent beer selection as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom