Movies or Music?

Shere_Khan

I just am booking my trip for the end of September so that we can get free dining.
I got married the middle of last month so I didn't book until now because I was so busy. Now I wish I had just done it. POP is completely sold out. My agent put a hold on Music just for the time being, but I had been to Music in the 90's and did not care for it or Sports.
So I was thinking Movies - but was told it has not really been refurbished.

If you had to pick one would you go with Movies or Music?
Are the bus rides really terrible since it shares with all 3? I am so bummed about POP. :(

brent2124

Movies will have more families with young kids due to the theme. Music will be more quiet. You can be put on a waiting list for Pop or try and change your arrival or departure date if that is an option.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Yes - I think I might try to change the date to a week or two before.
I was going to travel Sept 27 to Oct 3, but I see the Food and Wine Festival is starting around that time, so maybe that makes it busier??? Do you think a week before it would be a better chance?

Upvote 0

brent2124

Yes - I think I might try to change the date to a week or two before.
I was going to travel Sept 27 to Oct 3, but I see the Food and Wine Festival is starting around that time, so maybe that makes it busier??? Do you think a week before it would be a better chance?
It may. Sometimes you just have to change it by a day or two at earlier or later and you may be in luck. I checked it a little and its avaible a week later from the 3 to the 10th in a standard or preffered room

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
It may. Sometimes you just have to change it by a day or two at earlier or later and you may be in luck. I checked it a little and its avaible a week later from the 3 to the 10th in a standard or preffered room

Will that still be free dining? I thought the free dining ended on the 3rd.

Upvote 0

DisneyRunner

The rooms at ASMu have been refurbished. There are activities by the pool starting around 3pm and concluding with a movie in the evening. The buses can be shared at certain times during the day. Other resorts have multiple stops bus stops, for example PO, CSR, Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin.

Upvote 0

dazzer68

we just got back from music, and i love it, we had i think a disabled room, as there were bars in the bathroom for people to hold on to, but that was fine as there was plenty of room, a large walk in shower, and the whole area was closed off with a door (rather than soome rooms which have the sink in the bedroom and a small bathroom) we also had a large HD lcd tv in the room which we noticed alot of the other rooms didnt have.dont kow why we had this room, it was perfect on the ground floor, in jazz at the back so it was nice and quiet but not far from either pool. we went to sports to havr alook, which we just didnt like, and lovies which we stayed in last time and i also love (its seems more roomy everywhere around the pool and foodhall seems bigger) but was noiser than the music.though thet two are pretty much the same and very near each other so possible to use either facilities. though sports is near the new refitted macdonalds, which i know most peopl arent fans of, but its a lovely clean restaurant and somewhere quiet to go and eat and its cheaper than the all stars for food, plus makes an nice walk out to get some space!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I have stayed at both resorts in the recent years and I love both resorts. However, if I had to chose, I would go with Music. We stayed there in Oct '07 and were surprised at how much we liked it over Movies. Music was just refurbed a few years ago and in the fall, they do really fun things poolside. I have a 7 year old son and the fact that they had a large blow up movie screen by the pool at night was a huge bonus. Honestly, I think you will be happy with Music. We are staying at POP this Sept. for the first time and are really looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

disneypearl

I have stayed at Music before and I liked it a lot. I think it is probably quieter than sports and movies. I have never stayed at Movies but the photos look nice.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

On my trip in May of 06' I found the Allstar Music (Jazz Inn) to be nice and very quiet. The Jazz Inn seems to be more peaceful, maybe due to the fact that the decorations are toned down and not as garish as the other areas of the resort. The outdoor grounds were really nice with seating next to water fountains or fenced in and covered with vines for privacy.
BTW I found the Piano pool to be less busy than the Calypso pool, it is quiet and has a great sun bathing area on the keys.

Upvote 0

micknminnie

We stayed at Movies in 2007 and loved it. We were in the building with the giant Buzz Lightyear. I have no complaints whatsoever. We were there the first week of October then and it was great, not too crowded. I would definitely stay there again.

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

I love All Star Music, but I've never stayed at Movies or Sports. By the way, I've found the bus service at all star music to be just fine, certainly no better or worse than Pop. Have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

Raven66

We have stayed at both Movies and Music and loved them both. I don't think you can go wrong with whichever one you get. I noticed that this was from June, so which resort did you end up with? Have fun and congrats on your marriage!!

Upvote 0

Spinky

We stayed at movies for 12 nights then moved to music for 3, We loved staying in the mighty Ducks section of movies but when we moved to Music we found the rooms were a bit fresher and it wasn't''t as noisy or full as movies. But wed still go for movies every time.

Upvote 0

retlaw1

Music is bad during Disney's Magic Music Days. Every band and chorus decides they need to stay there. Similar for sports teams and All Star Sports.

After doing the comparison from personal experience, I'd rather pay the extra for a moderate to avoid the crowds at the all stars.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom