Movie Question (Characters)

nfeagle5

Original Poster
I just got done watching "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", and i remember hearing something about that its the only time Mickey and Bugs Bunny shared the screen. Why was this, and how come the 2 companies (Disney and WB) havent shared the screen since?

General Grizz

I think it's better off this way. Mickey is Disney, Bugs is Warner Brothers. Different roots. . . TOTALLY different spirits. I enjoy both, but I don't think they should mix.

MKCP 1985

nfeagle5 said:
"Who Framed Roger Rabbit . . . [is] the only time Mickey and Bugs Bunny shared the screen. Why was this, and how come the 2 companies (Disney and WB) havent shared the screen since?

Mickey Mouse is to Bugs Bunny as Nike is to Reebok, or as Coca Cola is to Pepsi. They are competitor brands, and the fact they got together at all in a Disney movie is remarkable!

Roger Rabbit is a very important movie from this standpoint. It is unlikely you will see any other films where Donald Duck and Daffy Duck share screen time, or you have the interplay between cartoon stars of different studios. Even Max Fleisher's Betty Boop made an appearance.

Great film, and I didn't even mention Jessica Rabbit! :slurp:

LadyDarling

nfeagle5 said:
I just got done watching "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", and i remember hearing something about that its the only time Mickey and Bugs Bunny shared the screen. Why was this, and how come the 2 companies (Disney and WB) havent shared the screen since?

Here's a little piece of trivia for you (from the Collector's edition DVD of Roger Rabbit):
They not only shared time, but Disney was only allowed to use Bugs Bunny and Daffy duck with the lead Disney characters (Donald and Mickey) as long as they both shared the same amount of screen time, which is why you see them together in all thier scenes.

~Jay

firedancer2000

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit" was a really cool movie. WB and Disney struck a deal for this movie (not sure if the cartoon characters showed up in the book, never read it) and I think that Roger Rabbit is "shared" by Disney and WB. I don't know why Disney shows him off all the time though.

The movie was also made by Touchstone. I think that's Disney...

Brer Rabbit

The movie was a classic. I beliave the reson of both Disney and WB havin characters in the film cuz in the film they were talkin about all the cartoons livin in this one area that was goin to be destroyed. To me the best part of the film is when Donald Duck and Daffy Duck had the fight with the pinao's then of couse Jessica Rabbit comin after them.. :)

CheshireCatStar

Touchstone is Disney's first "R" studio (so no film would be rated R under the official Disney name).

Bugs Bunny in no way belongs to Disney. He is sole property of Warner Bros. (Or would it all fall under AOL-Time Warner? I can never keep up with the mergers...)

Kadee

I haven't seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" In YEARS! Now, I want to see it again. I have a picture of my hubby and the Jessica Rabbit cut out that was at the end of the Backlot Tour ride at MGM. Quite a funny picture. Didn't they take all of the Roger Rabbit stuff out of there? I don't remember seeing it the last time I was at MGM. I'm gonna rent it this weekend, if I can find it.

LadyDarling

firedancer2000 said:
I never said that Bugs Bunny was Disney. I said that "Roger Rabbit" is co-owned by both Disney and WB. :hammer:

I didn't get the impression from the information in the DVD that it was a "co-owned" character at all. The DVD information pretty much stated that the movie was made my Disney and they just had a contract with Warner Brothers for use of thier characters in the film, but now I'll have to find it and watch that section again to check! LOL

I'm pretty sure it's a Disney owned film though. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been able to get away with making the Roger Rabbit Spin ride in Disneyland without putting a single Warner Brothers character in it.

WDWFREAK53

Jessica Rabbit is still shown at DTD (doing her leg kick :lol: ) and...Roger Rabbit is pretty prominent at Pop Century. :wave:

phlydude

I had heard that there was some kind of legal issue that prevented Roger from appearing on any more themed rides like the one @ DLR. Maybe it was speculation but I know I read it on here somewhere...

DisneyChik17

I LOVE ROGER RABBIT! We watched "who framed..." in my drama class this past year...it was great. Roger is the only cartoon I can kinda draw too!

mrtoad

I need to watch it again. I only saw it when it came out. And unfortunately and regrettably I thought the 80s were the 60s, so I do not have much of a recollection of the movie. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom