Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Cast Preview

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Just a quick note to say...

(in my opinion)

It's amazing! It brings so much life to the Magic Kingdom. The floats, characters and cast were brilliant and I think this is going to be a HUGE Guest pleaser!

Kudos to Disney Entertainment and Magic Kingdom Park!

Ailtara

I really liked this parade and will definitely recommend it to my Guests. That being said, it's definitely not my favorite, but it'll be a great guest experience as a whole. The roll-out music is super catchy and pop-ish (Think HSM), the characters were well-placed on the floats, the dancers' costumes weren't horrendous, the Guest interaction during the show-stops will definitely be a huge crowd pleaser (Although I'm sensing many lost children...), and the roll-out was peppy and colorful.

That being said, I think the show-stop for Block Party Bash pwns this one in the face, but I understand that the parks have completely different audiences. I also really was not a fan of the way they re-mixed all the songs for this parade; they didn't sound as energetic as I thought they should be (especially compared to BPB) and they seemed too low-key and... Simple. Given, again, it's a completely different audience they're catering to that is much slower, but I still didn't need to shake my tail feather for as long as I did.

On a semi-related note, does anyone know what the ribbons they wave during roll-out say? I could read only two of them that both said 'Celebrate Today!' but my friend swears up and down they said different things.

wild01ride

They all say "Celebrate Today!" ... but they are all in different languages... including Braille, which is so awesome!

Braille!? That doesn't sound very Disney...to have parade performers twirling around a Braille banner with blind people trying to catch it to read it :lol:- I'm imagining "pinata"!

:lol:

Sorry - my sick humor for the day!

wild01ride

dont know much about this, is it replacing something and where is it going?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

How does this relate to "Celebrate a Dream Come True", which, if I read correctly, debuted recently?

Or...is this at DHS? Maybe that's the part I missed?!
Nevertheless, I've never heard this name up until now!

EDIT: Wait...not DHS - the OP said "MK".
Hmm...?

RedDeath

If remember right from the press release this is a Show much like the HSM pep rally/Block Party bash, Except it's not the main parade of the day. It starts off going up Main Street making stops until it reaches the castle and then some characters jump out of presents and they do a short performances there. The whole show from when it launches lasts about 20 minutes and is done 3 times a day. I may be wrong. This won't effect the main day time parade. But maybe someone could shed a bit more light on it. And if there's any pictures available please post. :sohappy:

drew81

Just a quick note to say...

(in my opinion)

It's amazing! It brings so much life to the Magic Kingdom. The floats, characters and cast were brilliant and I think this is going to be a HUGE Guest pleaser!

Kudos to Disney Entertainment and Magic Kingdom Park!

Cool! I'm anxious to see it.

krankenstein

dont know much about this, is it replacing something and where is it going?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

How does this relate to "Celebrate a Dream Come True", which, if I read correctly, debuted recently?

Or...is this at DHS? Maybe that's the part I missed?!
Nevertheless, I've never heard this name up until now!

EDIT: Wait...not DHS - the OP said "MK".
Hmm...?

Think of it as the replacement for The Family Fun Day Parade. It will not effect "Celebrate a Dream Come True." :wave:

DisneyBoi1215

I, for one, am VERY excited to see this come to the MK. It's about time we get something in that park to help get people more energetic during the day. I know, I know.. the walk around the park should be energetic enough, but it will give those that like to laugh at tourists a bit more reason to laugh even harder. :D

dazzer68

Braille!? That doesn't sound very Disney...to have parade performers twirling around a Braille banner with blind people trying to catch it to read it :lol:- I'm imagining "pinata"!

:lol:

Sorry - my sick humor for the day!
i was thinking the same thing, a mass of blind people all trying to 'read' the braille whilst being twirled!
i think the poster probably mean sign langauge!

Ailtara

i was thinking the same thing, a mass of blind people all trying to 'read' the braille whilst being twirled!
i think the poster probably mean sign langauge!
Sign language wouldn't be possible; there'd be no way to illustrate the hand motions on those banners, they're too thin.

It's more than likely illustrated in Braille, which uses a specific pattern of six dots to signify single letters and therefore would fit well on the ribbons. It isn't meant to actually be 'read' by a blind person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom