Mousekeeping

CaptainAmerica

Does it say "light cleaning"?

"Light cleaning" is basically nothing. I think maybe they sanitize the doorknobs and empty the trash if it's overflowing. This is the same nothingness they've been doing the whole time.

Phicinfan

When did they start servicing rooms again? I see for my April stay that my room will be cleaned every other day. I had been previously offered nothing on cash stays. This is at Yacht Club.
Just saw a DFB update on Saratoga Springs where if you paid cash, you get regular cleaning, if you used DVC points you are on reduced cleaning. Not sure when this began

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Does it say "light cleaning"?

"Light cleaning" is basically nothing. I think maybe they sanitize the doorknobs and empty the trash if it's overflowing. This is the same nothingness they've been doing the whole time.
You’re right, then. I searched elsewhere on the official site and found:

• Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming, if needed
At least they’ll vacuum, I guess. I don’t remember anything happening last time. I had to call for towels and coffee.

CaptainAmerica

• Vacuuming, if needed
At least they’ll vacuum, I guess. I don’t remember anything happening last time. I had to call for towels and coffee.
Yeah, I think this has been the STATED policy the whole time, but whether you actually end up getting anything seems to be a matter of luck. I had to change my own trash at Caribbean Beach, which was a problem because my trash includes banana peels and dirty diapers.

Tuvalu

Premium Member

• Vacuuming, if needed
It’s been that way since the parks reopened in July 2020. I’ve stayed on site nearly a dozen times since and not once has my room been vacuumed or counter surfaces wiped. Only once were amenities (bar soap at sink) replaced. Used towels have been taken and replaced and trash emptied, so I guess I should be grateful for that…..🙄

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, I think this has been the STATED policy the whole time, but whether you actually end up getting anything seems to be a matter of luck. I had to change my own trash at Caribbean Beach, which was a problem because my trash includes banana peels and dirty diapers.
Dirty diapers always went out to an external garbage container immediately. 😆

I no longer trust housekeeping in general to do an excellent job cleaning a room. Getting a fully cleaned room is a surprise these days. More often than not, we’ll find dead remote controls, surfaces that weren’t fully cleaned, dirty dishes/silverware that was put away, etc. It’s really disheartening.

deeevo

It’s been that way since the parks reopened in July 2020. I’ve stayed on site nearly a dozen times since and not once has my room been vacuumed or counter surfaces wiped. Only once were amenities (bar soap at sink) replaced. Used towels have been taken and replaced and trash emptied, so I guess I should be grateful for that…..🙄
Stayed at Cabana Bay for a few nights 2 weeks ago and both days I came back to a spotless room. For what the charge they should be cleaning them everyday... also I paid $110 per night on a weekend.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Stayed at Cabana Bay for a few nights 2 weeks ago and both days I came back to a spotless room. For what the charge they should be cleaning them everyday... also I paid $110 per night on a weekend.
I was very pleased at Hard Rock, too. Somehow, Universal finds housekeepers….

Sorry for starting this thread. Not actually news, unfortunately. Boo.

bpiper

Disney has something like ten times the number of hotel rooms that Universal has. They pay a higher starting wage and are offering huge signing bonuses. Oh and Universal resorts aren't doing daily housekeeping either.
Posters just said they were getting housekeeping at the Universal resorts.

Signing bonuses aren't very attractive if you have to be there for a year to get them. Money in your pocket or and IOU for later.

Maybe Loews management is treating there people better. We all hear the stories about Disney managers. Look at the guy who just filed suit about his treatment at the Beach club.

NelleBelle

We stayed at YC last April and had the “reduced” housekeeping. I know they were supposed to come every other day but our trash was definitely emptied daily. We also had all our towels replaced (without asking),everything wiped down (from what we could tell), and all soaps/shampoos, etc replaced. The only thing they didn’t do was make up our bed (which is fine).

CaptainAmerica

Posters just said they were getting housekeeping at the Universal resorts.
One or two posters here are not representative of the population. From what I gather on other boards that have a bigger Universal section, their housekeeping situation is extremely bad, not just in terms of daily versus not daily cleaning, but particularly cleanliness in between guests.
Signing bonuses aren't very attractive if you have to be there for a year to get them. Money in your pocket or and IOU for later.
Signing bonuses are payable after 90 days I believe. This is IN ADDITION to a higher starting hourly wage from Disney.

Casper Gutman

One or two posters here are not representative of the population. From what I gather on other boards that have a bigger Universal section, their housekeeping situation is extremely bad, not just in terms of daily versus not daily cleaning, but particularly cleanliness in between guests.

Signing bonuses are payable after 90 days I believe. This is IN ADDITION to a higher starting hourly wage from Disney.
And what sites are those? Because my experience with Uni housekeeping recently has been very positive.

CaptainAmerica

And what sites are those? Because my experience with Uni housekeeping recently has been very positive.
I don't like to direct traffic to other sites, but the people at The Dis in particular have relayed some horror stories recently.

Look maybe Universal has some kind of secret sauce they've figured out, and if so, good for them. But even if that's true, an accurate assessment of the situation would be that "Disney is suffering from the labor shortage that almost every company is suffering from, and Universal is an exception for some reason." The argument that some posters are making seems to be that Universal doing a good job for them indicates that there *is no* labor shortage and that Disney is just making things up to be cheap.

EDIT: Actually Disney is totally making things up, but not in this way. They're absolutely lying when they say the reason for no housekeeping is for "the health and safety of Cast and Guests."

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Just checked out of Coronado Springs this morning. Mousekeeping came every second day (not always reliably, a couple I was there with didn’t get cleaned first or second day). They replaced used towels, coffee pods, and bathroom amenities. As far as I noticed, that was it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom