Mousekeeping

Diamond Dot

When they started offering gift cards to not have mousekeeping I took it because I had felt the quality had declined for quite a while, mind you, it wasn't across the board, it was very hit and miss. I had one mousekeeper at FQ who turned on spanish soaps when cleaning. I would come back to the TV on that channel and once she came into my room, without knocking because she remembered she hadn't turned the TV off, she looked shocked to see me there and mumbled something about leaving something behind. No disrespect, but, if they are watching TV then they cannot be doing the room properly. I didn't report her or anything like that, but, I wasn't impressed.

As for the A/C. I'm one of those who never uses it, I hate coming back to a freezing cold room, I feel the cold, so I always have it on the top heat when I'm in the room, even at night.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
When they started offering gift cards to not have mousekeeping I took it because I had felt the quality had declined for quite a while, mind you,
Major hotel companies were doing similar things (like bill credits) around this same time. Only point here is that it wasn't a Disney exclusive thing. And then COVID came and all heck broke loose as far as services throughout the industry...

I had one mousekeeper at FQ who turned on spanish soaps when cleaning.
This is way more common than maybe you think...

MagicHappens1971

We stayed at Swan first week of December last year and if I remember correctly, they were doing it something like every 3rd day unless you requested daily. We did not request daily, but it was offered as an option at check in. The days we did not have service, we had no issues getting towels and water.
I stayed at Swan Reserve this past December and I believe they came every day, I was only there for 2 days and I believe they came in between. I didn’t request it though

scoobygirl39541

We just stayed at the FW Cabins Jan 31-Feb 11. Mousekeeping was horrendous. We expected the every other day, but they repeatedly missed several of the scheduled days and when we called down saying no one came, the front desk replied "that can't be, you were on the schedule for today. Are you sure?". Yes, the giant pile of used towels and overflowing trash tells me no one came. One day they even left piles of bedding on our unmade bed for no reason at all. The floors to our cabin were so dirty that our toddler's socks were black after one morning of running around. It was very frustrating and felt like pulling teeth to get our basic "every other day" as advertised service.

Last edited:

Lilofan

We just stayed at the FW Cabins Jan 31-Feb 11. Mousekeeping was horrendous. We expected the every other day, but they repeatedly missed several of the scheduled days and when we called down saying no one came, the front desk replied "that can't be, you were on the schedule for today. Are you sure?". Yes, the giant pile of used towels and overflowing trash tells me no one came. One day they even left piles of bedding on our unmade bed for no reason at all. The floors to our cabin were so dirty that our toddler's socks were black after one morning of running around. It was very frustrating and felt like pulling teeth to get our basic "every other day" as advertised service.
Wow that's unacceptable. Did you speak to the manager? When I stay in hotels outside of Disney I can tell how filthy the carpet is when I see the bottom of my white socks turn black also.

scoobygirl39541

Wow that's unacceptable. Did you speak to the manager? When I stay in hotels outside of Disney I can tell how filthy the carpet is when I see the bottom of my white socks turn black also.
We didn't because honestly it was annoying enough just calling down to the front desk every other day trying to get towels.

OH and I didn't mention the TWO times we called because we had no hot water. But that's for another post that doesn't have to do with mousekeeping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom