Mouse Surplus

captainkidd

Some of the stuff Mouse Surplus has on ebay is just bizarre. Comforters from resorts. Wet clothes racks. Shower curtains. Who in the world would want any of that stuff?

Little Leota

I was just at Mouse Surplus a couple months ago. The building and location were pretty scary. They had mostly stuff from Coranado Springs resort. Dressers, chairs, tables, mirrors, lights, shower curtains, comforters. Basically, if it was pulled out in the refurb, Mouse Surplus had it. Some of the stuff was overpriced, some not.

durangojim

I've never been to the physical store but back in 2006 I did buy a complete furniture set from the Wilderness Lodge from them for my son. Now he has the armoire (sp?) in his bedroom and I've got those awesome wrought iron buffalo lamps in my office. Strangely enough mousesurplus was purchased by someone here in Detroit a couple of years ago and some of the items are stored here in Michigan.

dreamfinder

Some of the stuff Mouse Surplus has on ebay is just bizarre. Comforters from resorts. Wet clothes racks. Shower curtains. Who in the world would want any of that stuff?

Alot of people. People who are huge fans of a particular resort. Or someone who had their honeymoon at one resort and wants a unique souvenir to remember it by. Some people go so far as to basically recreate the hotel room at their house by buying one of everything.

Hi I will be down there in 10 days do you happen to have their address? Maybe I can check it out. Do they have an online store also? Please let me know any info would be greatly appreciated. :)
:wave:

I've been over there many times. They are down 27 in Winter Haven about 30-45 minutes from WDW. I'll be going over there tomorrow and can give you a small update as to what they have if I can find this thread again. I don't frequent the message boards but do look at the different news feeds from here.

The "Pro"

Do yourselves a favor and just go to property control. He has the same thing that they due at a fraction of the price. MS only gets what comes from there. WAY overpriced JUNK!!! Look at Ebay under seller SELLANDSHIP. Much nicer to deal with. MS claims items are from disney but they aren't. He also is selling photocopies of Disney letters on Ebay. No ethics.

Does anyone know if sellandship has a location open to the public similar to how mousesurplus does? Thanks.

MissM

The availability of items is REALLY hit-and-miss. We went once a year or so ago and they had a TON of furniture which was neat. Then we went a few months later and there was nothing interesting on hand.

Whomever mentioned the kitty - definitely a nice cat. We spent most of our last visit there petting the cat and having it follow us around. :D

We bought a table and two chairs for $50 that came out of one of the resorts (I forget which) that was a good deal to use as a dining room table. We plan on striping it and refinishing it but even so, $50 you can't go wrong.

Some things are overpriced but some aren't and you can always haggle!

magic2me

We tried to go there once and the place was shutdown. There was some fracture and the owners split. I believe it has since reopened.

Cleaner556

I need to take some photos of Monorail Red next time I drive by Peachtree City, Ga. I saw it parked out there a few years ago, the split that happend, one of the guys lives there and I think owns the bar where the flatbed with Red was parked.
If ya wanted to see it http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.47....472757,-84.596998&spn=0.001219,0.002403&z=19

Took these pics of Monorail Red today in Tyrone, GA. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the paint is starting to fade and doesn't really have any shine to it anymore. It could really use a refurb!

MonorailRed1.jpg

MonorailRed2.jpg

MonorailRed3.jpg

I had the greatest experience with MouseSurplus recently. We visited WDW in January of 2009. After procrastinating long enough, I emailed MouseSurplus about an item we saw in our resort room. I wish I could tell you what they were, but then I wouldn’t feel I’m the only one with them. :) Michael at MouseSurplus said he knew exactly what we wanted and that it would probably cost around $50 plus shipping. He added that once Disney discovered there was a hidden Mickey on the item, they were all ordered destroyed. After reading the various comments on this post, I also emailed SellandShip, as he was supposed to be a little cheaper, and he said they would cost $200 because they were never released by Disney and where he would have to buy them from would be that much.

MouseSurplus not only got 1 for us, they found 2 and shipped them to us in Indiana for $100 total! The 2 items had a combined weight over 40 pounds, so you have an idea of how heavy duty they are. A little paint touch up (very little paint touch up, about 30 minutes worth of work) and they are now displayed in our house and we can say ‘see those…they were used in Disney.’ Thanks so much to MouseSurplus, we will certainly be working with them again after future trips.

blm07

I've got quite a few more pictures from my visit to Mouse Surplus back in 2006, I've just gotta find another place to put them, as my flickr account is full.

How does mouse surplus get their stuff?
(I am under the assumption that this is not a disney company)

You are correct, they are not a Disney company. My understanding is when resort rooms are renovated, the work of removing the items is contracted out, at which point resellers (like MouseSurplus) comes across them and resell them at their warehouse. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Michael was able to find my items at a contractors warehouse just over a week after we first contacted him - so I'm pretty sure he has connections to much more than just the items at his warehouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom