Most under-rated Disney movie

Epcotdad

Original Poster
I was watching the Hunchback of Notre Dame with my son last night and got me thinking of other under=rated Disney movies that people like that didn't necessarily have a huge box office draw or critically acclaimed. the HoND was terrific film and probably had the second or third best soundtrack of any animation movie. I get why they said it was a little dark for kids and they completely butchered Victor Hugo's novel, but a very entertaining film with a Broadway type score.

devoy1701

I was watching the Hunchback of Notre Dame with my son last night and got me thinking of other under=rated Disney movies that people like that didn't necessarily have a huge box office draw or critically acclaimed. the HoND was terrific film and probably had the second or third best soundtrack of any animation movie. I get why they said it was a little dark for kids and they completely butchered Victor Hugo's novel, but a very entertaining film with a Broadway type score.

The Happiest Millionare is one of my favorite underrated Disney films!

zurgandfriend

The Happiest Millionare is one of my favorite underrated Disney films!

Fred Mac Murray did some great Disney films in the early 60’s in his transition from Hollywood leading man (Double Indemnity) to TV Dad (My Three Sons). The Happiest Millionaire was one of his best. The gy Dog, Son of Flubber and Follow Me Boys were some other.

Another overlooked film was Darby O’ Gill and the little people, starring Sean Connery. Right after this movie Connery played James Bond in Dr. No.

rodserling27

Good thread topic. I have a few.
First, "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea." So many people have not seen this masterpiece!! What a truly great film it is.

Secondly, the original "101 Dalmatians." NO Disney Park presences at all, what gives? I think it's one of the best cartoon films Disney ever made!

A few others: the original "That Darn Cat!," "Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier" "The gy Dog." All great stuff. Virtually unheard of by today's kids. They'd rather watch the garbage on Disney Channel these days.

plaz10

Hercules!

It's easily in my top 3 favorites Disney movies. And has very little presence in the parks. It has one of the best soundtracks ever.

MansionGoer13z

Animated Disney Film: Hunchback of Notre Dame is one as someone mentioned earlier. Though I'm not a big fan of it. But it not being a favorite of mine clearly shows that yeah it is underrated.

Live Action Disney Film: Hocus Pocus, this is definately a favorite of everyone in my family when ever its on regardless of where it is in the movie I watch. Great Times watching it when I was young in 93'.

I always thought Meet the Robinsons was under-rated it seems like Disney doesn't even want to touch that movie for some reason. I thought Atlantis the Lost Empire was pretty under-rated too.

Magenta Panther

I think Treasure Planet is a beautiful and overall very enjoyable movie. I think its weaknesses were the too-old Jim Hawkins character (he'd have been more likable as a younger kid IMO) and a goofy robot character who was more annoying than funny. But the rest of the characters, especially the cat ship captain, the canine professor and the cyborg Long John Silver, are superb. I watch the movie whenever it comes on cable, and enjoy it a little more each time. It's too bad it failed at the box office.

Kirk88

I agree with all of the above. 'Meet the Robinson's' may be the all-time under-rated animated film. Great movie with a great message. How about 'Rocketman'? One of the funniest Disney films, in my opinion anyway.

The Fox and The Hound!!!

Also Hercules, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Black Cauldron, and the original 101 Dalmatians.

Song of the South!! Many people in the parks don't even know Splash Mountain is based off a movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom