Most uncomfortable seating in an attraction or show

DisJosh

Space ship earth makes my a$$ sore! The most disgusting seat award goes toooooo the drum roll please! rooooollllllllll........ SPLASH MOUNTAIN! What in the world is that white stuff? After you ride SM thats all you can smell the rest of the day..........Im pretty darn sure the smell comes from the white stuff, fungus mold whatever it is its icky!

sillyspook13

I was just reading a thread about the smell of Splash Mountain on another forum. Apparently, the smell comes from the seats. The seats are made of a material that holds water and tends to get moldy.

dopey

i was going to say the benches for the lion king show at animal kingdom (stuck inside a hot, steamy tent), but fantasmic sounds much worse.

i've read elsewhere that you have to get there 2 hours before showtime to get a "good" seat. i wouldn't wait 2 hours for any attraction anywhere in wdw, especially with kids. if we can't get on a ride in under an hour, then forget it.

The Mom

Premium Member
Unless you pay big bucks for the dinner package. We didn't mind paying around $100 at Brown Derby because we were going to eat there anyway, and we're rich (just kidding). I wouldn't do it again, though.

Tink

Originally posted by figmentcrazy
I would agree with you MrPromey if not for the fact that my rear end usually provides all the cushion I need... :D

LOL - Good one!

I agree with Mr Promey too. Let me just add that I am lucky not to have extremely crooked fingers - every time I am at Fantazmic someone stomps on my fingers when they're climbing up on the bleechers to the exit. We usually hang a little when the show is over and when I am not looking, WHAM!!!, my poor little fingers are crushed beneath some GOOMBAH's size 13s.:(

Am I allowed to say "GOOMBAH"?:confused:

d dude

hhhmmmm, very hard. fantasmic, Big Thunder, Splash Mt, or space ship. and the winner is.............................. FANTASMIC! definetly. and silly spook, is that true about SM? cause if it is GROSSE!

DisJosh

Originally posted by d dude
hhhmmmm, very hard. fantasmic, Big Thunder, Splash Mt, or space ship. and the winner is.............................. FANTASMIC! definetly. and silly spook, is that true about SM? cause if it is GROSSE!

It's true d dude. I e-mailed Disney and in the reply they said they were working on replacing them.

bonbon

Nobody said anything about Alien Encounter. I think that one hurts, especially with those awful shoulder harnesses. Goofy's Barnstormer is painul, too. I try to sit so my butt goes into two of the crevices on those stupid rock-hard seats lol. ;)

Maria

Originally posted by bonbon
Nobody said anything about Alien Encounter. I think that one hurts, especially with those awful shoulder harnesses

Oh God! My sister was with me this time and she was tired, so she slipped all the way down on the seat, and right then, the harnesses came down... she couldn´t sit straight for the rest of the atraction and the harnesses keep going down once it starts, so she was in big pain, but we were still laughing (she was even crying too!) of the whole stupid situation. We enjoyed it though...

The next time I took people to Alien Encounter, I made sure they sat straight before the harnesses came down! ;)

DisJosh

That happened to me Maria! it sux alot! You feel so helpless and you cant move! To top it all off Im 6'1" so it was really uncomfortable!

markymark

I have to agree with the Alien Encounter seating. I get panicked now, coz I am so desperate to make sure that I am in the right place when the harness lowers.

Sheri

My vote goes to any of the many 360degree theaters. I reeeally wish they had seats there. I mean, After walking around all day I would like a place to sit, yah no?

MrPromey

Originally posted by SheriD013
My vote goes to any of the many 360degree theaters. I reeeally wish they had seats there. I mean, After walking around all day I would like a place to sit, yah no?

Well, that would seem like a no-brainer. The only problem though, is that we can't turn our heads 360 degrees which means that unless we are standing, we won't be able to see the whole movie..

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by markymark
I have to agree with the Alien Encounter seating. I get panicked now, coz I am so desperate to make sure that I am in the right place when the harness lowers.

OWWW! Another reason not to go on AE! I have great "assets" (or so hubby says) so wouldn't want to be in the wrong place when the harness comes down! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom