Most uncomfortable seating in an attraction or show

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No contest here - the great big Universe of Energy wins by a mile. I think "Universe of Energy Butt" is now a known medical condition :)

Disneynut

I have to say the most uncomfortable is the downward ride on Spaceship Earth. If you have ever been stuck, even for just a minute or two, OUCH!!!!!

sillyspook13

Here's my runner up: American Adventure.

They seem like nice comfy padded seats at first, but after sitting through that show, my butt falls asleep. Then there's that steep incline leading to the exit....

My third place vote goes to any circlevision 360 show. Simply because THERE ARE NO SEATS! You're forced to lean on those railings-ouch!;)

Ryan

I'm thinking I would agree with universe of Energy too, but I'm normally laying down on that one. That is punishment for me to sit through! The only time I EVER ride it is when I have family or friends down for the first time. But as for another uncomfortable show it would have to be the American Gardens theatre. Those wooden benches are TERRIBLE on the ol' .

:eek:

Chernabog

Boo to the Universe of Energy for thier yucky seats. They force you into their little molds and then you're uncomfortable fot the rest of the day. Or at least the next few minutes.

I would say Universe of Energy, but I'm usually able to lay down a bit when I'm on it. With that in mind it would definitely have to be the Spaceship Earth seats. Those head rests are quite a pain in the neck on the downward slopes. Ouch!

MrPromey

Although Spaceship Earth is a real contender, I have to agree with someone else about Fantasmic. Taking into account the whole experience, including how long you have to sit there, it's horrible. You have to show up at least an hour early just to get a seat so in many cases you are stuck sitting there on what approaches two hours. They cram you in there like sardines so you are as close to that guy from Europe (no offense Steve) that doesn't use deodorant and has been walking around the hot park all day as you can possibly get without expecting dinner and a ride home from him after the show. On warm nights it gets SO hot because you are packed in so close to so many people and on cold nights they must sell a ton of the butt cushions because sitting on those cold metal benches is miserable. The fact that you sit there so long without a place to rest you back isn't exactly pleasant either. I think Fantasmic should win hands down because it is the only attraction in all of WDW that I can think of where they actually sell butt cushions. What does that really say about the seating when they feel they can make money selling you padded seating surfaces? Spaceship Earth isn't so bad because barring the occasional stop while on the downward slope you aren't in that nasty position for too long (although one wonders why after all these years, they haven't stuck some sort of padding in that area). While Universe, •could• be bad, there usually aren't a whole lot of people on it so you can sort of slank out along the benches and sort of impose your own will on those butt-breakers. Now that I think about it, I don't really like the seating on the Astro Orbiters. If it's just an adult and a kid (probably what they had in mind) it's not too bad but when its too silly adults, trying to cram into one of those rockets, the one in the back is lucky to get out of the thing without broken legs in the end.

Mattore

Spaceship Earth, Fantasmic (any show with backless, uncushioned benches for that matter), and JIYI (though maybe the pain of experiencing this attraction just made me feel more uncomfortable... who knows)

space*mt*ranger

ASTRO ORBITOR OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Attachments

• astro.jpg
    astro.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 191

kevlightyear

Well, if you've ever sat three to a seat in Spaceship Earth, and sat in the middle, you know that is the worst. There is a crest right in the middle of the seat that you are forced to sit on, plus you have no support for your head and neck when going backwards.
Second place goes to Goofy's Barnstormer. For those of you who have actually been on the kiddie coaster, you know that scalloped seats are the most painful to sit on. Or at least try to sit on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom