Most Outrageous thing you've witnessed at WDW?

graphite1326

Why? Just because some of us don't like it? There is nothing either morally or legally wrong with using any type of transportation available to us. They are available to everyone and unless someone can think of a good reason why people shouldn't use one, even if it's just fun to do, then I fail to see what is wrong with it. I don't intend to use one until I absolutely need to, but, that is a matter of pride and my independent streak coming out. However someone else using one really doesn't affect me in any way.
You ARE joking, right?

Goofyernmost

You ARE joking, right?
No, not joking at all. Are you? Before we get into a major pro & con discussion, let me just say that I didn't say that I think everyone should get one, which wouldn't happen anyway, but, that there is no reason to be judgmental if someone does. They are doing nothing wrong, it's just that some people, obviously you are one, that just for whatever reason, think it is an awful thing. It isn't, it's just a choice that anyone can make.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
When I was 15 or 16 my parents took me and a buddy to WDW for 4 nights in 1991. They splurged and we all stayed at the GF. At the time this was the nicest hotel my friend or I had ever stayed in. The GF had just opened and one evening around midnight two drunk couples in their early 20s came up to the pool where we were swimming. The girls (who were really attractive) stripped down to their underwear and jumped in. That was the most outrageous and also one of the best things as a teen to ever see in WDW!:D

Oh, we've been out for a late night stroll and have seen teenage couples in the resort pool doing more than stripping down to their underwear....yuck

cw1982

Two things, both happen to be personal experiences from my family:

1) I was 8 or 9 and my sister was around 2... my parents had the bright idea of bringing one of those harnesses on a leash for her, because she was full of energy and was the kind of kid who couldn't stand to be in a stroller if she wasn't napping. The leash thing seemed to work fairly well, and my parents brought a stroller as well so that she would be able to nap as needed.

Anyway, we went to the Japanese place at Epcot for dinner one night, and my sister had apparently figured out how to escape from the harness. Before my parents knew what had happened, we heard screams of "catch that baby!"

As we looked towards the kitchen, where the screams had originated, all we could see was her blonde hair and giggling face as she came running out of the kitchen with several cooks and servers behind her.

2) This may have been on the same trip, but I want to say it was a couple of years later... we were waiting in line to meet a character (it was someone who was a little less prominent; I don't even remember who now to be honest... maybe a pirate from Peter Pan?). My sister, who was somewhere between two and four at the time, walked right up to him and asked him, "will you please sign this?" He looked at her autograph book, looked at her, nodded, and scribbled the word "this" on a page in her book and gave it back to her. I thought that was hilarious at the time, but my mom was pretty upset.

I have to admit... I still giggle when I think of that. ;)

ETA: I admit those aren't really "outrageous" but figured they were worth sharing nonetheless.

rob0519

Saw a mother legit beating the crap out her kid at typhoon lagoon. A CM ran over and kept telling her to stop.. I walked away as fast as I possibly could because it made me really uncomfortable, but now I wished I saw how things turned out. Happiest place on earth.. oh parents.

Ok, let's all try to remember.....The official tagline for Disneyland is "The Happiest Place On Earth"

rob0519

I couldn't disagree with this more. If you don't need to be using an ECV in the park, then you ABSOLUTELY should not be using one, period.

I couldn't disagree with this statement more. If it's not illegal or against park policy anyone who wants to pay for and use an ECV has the right to do so as long as it is used in a safe and controlled manner.

AndyS2992

I couldn't disagree with this statement more. If it's not illegal or against park policy anyone who wants to pay for and use an ECV has the right to do so as long as it is used in a safe and controlled manner.
I don't disagree or agree although I personally lean more towards disagree with it only because you are potentially taking one away from someone who actually may need one but there aren't any left because you are using it for the purpose of being lazy. But otherwise if you are paying and using it sensibly and not being stupid with it like I see so often or using it to queue jump then fine. But if people stare at you and make fun then that's your own fault really since you chose to rent one instead of walk like everyone else.

ninjaprincesst

I couldn't disagree with this more. If you don't need to be using an ECV in the park, then you ABSOLUTELY should not be using one, period.

My Dad has had two back surgeries, he has to use the ecv because of very poor balance and the inability to walk long distances. He can stand, he can walk, some would say he does not need it, but he does. I so wish he didn't it's a pain in the butt, and I hate all the glares you get, especially getting on a bus.

Rozzie

I work custodial at mk and there are at least 2 outrageous things.

First is pretty bad

One is that I was working the male rr at crystal palace and I walked in and there was blood everywhere. On the walls, toilets, the floor. We had to shut the rr down. As I was cleaning waiting for my manager and a few other custodians to help, a guest walked in to use the rr. I told him he couldn't come in, and that's when he told me it was his blood. He used a stall and when he came out...there was more blood! His seat in the restaurant was soaked in blood. Took like 10 of us to clean it up.

The other moment was when I was cleaning the bdo rr outside the mk. As I was cleaning the sinks, I glanced in the mirror for a sec, and noticed a guest relations FEMALE CM coming out of the stall! There were a few guys at the urinals who saw her too! I felt bad for her. She just darted right for the exit. If I were her, I would of waited a few mins so the rr would be empty

GrammieBee

In regards to mobility scooters; there is only a limited supply available for rent and the casual user could quite possibly be taking one away from someone who actually needed it. You have the right to use one, but do you have the moral right to use one?

I was at Gremany in EPCOT when the transmission in my scooter died. A big thump and then nothing. It was a crowded day and they were out of scooters or wheelchairs available for rent but finally found a scooter that had been "retired". It was literally held together by baleing wire and glue.

Club Cooloholic

I did not see the act of how it got there but the waiting area for Crush's Turtle Talk had a turd sitting there...all smeared over the floor. I found a staffer who started the process of "containment" but it left me wondering, who allowed their kid(oh I hope it was a child) to take a squat in the middle of the floor, who saw this happening and just ignored it because, well who knows, and finally after it sat there, how was nobody else complaining about this thing. I still can't go into that waiting area without being icked out and it has led me to rethink sitting on the floor at other attractions and lines.

RubyLee

Last year, I was waiting for lunch service at Be Our Guest and the woman behind us crashed her wheelchair into my sister and I so hard that my sister was knocked to the ground. The woman proceeded to get up from her chair to take pictures of the front of the restaurant without a word to us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom