Most Outrageous thing you've witnessed at WDW?

Fletch

@unkadug, I know you were joking but there are going to be a number of literal people that are going to believe that this is what she was doing. I'm thinking more along the lines of a Mickey Bar gone bad, or an excessively greasy Turkey leg, or a spilled Coke. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. :jawdrop::joyfull:

Not sure what was being washed but all I know is that the two kids were old enough to stand and were quite naked. :jawdrop:

Dads 2 Boys

In Feb 2013 while my buddy and I were walking through Fantasyland, a woman on an ECV wasn't paying attention and was headed towards a group of people and whiskey throttled (as much as possible on an ECV). She panicked and JUMPED off of it while holding on to the handlebars and stopped it from hitting a family with a stroller!

It was great she was able to stop it but it also became incredibly obvious to everyone around who saw it that she most definitely didn't need to be on it. After it happened, you could tell she was pretty embarrassed as she was looking around sheepishly. Funny and sad all at the same time.

midwest_mice

Arriving to the World while President Obama was there and having our Magical Express bus go behind Magic Kingdom pas the fireworks launch area to get to the Contemporary. There were law enforcement and Secret service in trees, etc. Then inside Magic Kingdom the huge wall at the beginning of Main St. to block off the view of his speech

Goofyernmost

In Feb 2013 while my buddy and I were walking through Fantasyland, a woman on an ECV wasn't paying attention and was headed towards a group of people and whiskey throttled (as much as possible on an ECV). She panicked and JUMPED off of it while holding on to the handlebars and stopped it from hitting a family with a stroller!

It was great she was able to stop it but it also became incredibly obvious to everyone around who saw it that she most definitely didn't need to be on it. After it happened, you could tell she was pretty embarrassed as she was looking around sheepishly. Funny and sad all at the same time.
I know that is a popular opinion, but, let me hit you with the facts. I am very close to needing one because I cannot walk a lot without my hips hurting so bad that I have to keep stopping, sometimes I wonder if I am going to make it to a bench. However, if something like that were to happen, I could indeed jump off and manually stop the thing. I just couldn't do it continuously. Her embarrassment came from messing up to begin with not the "guilt" of not needing the ECV. The fact that she couldn't control it properly was the problem, not whether or not she really "needed" one.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know that is a popular opinion, but, let me hit you with the facts. I am very close to needing one because I cannot walk a lot without my hips hurting so bad that I have to keep stopping, sometimes I wonder if I am going to make it to a bench. However, if something like that were to happen, I could indeed jump off and manually stop the thing. I just couldn't do it continuously. Her embarrassment came from messing up to begin with not the "guilt" of not needing the ECV. The fact that she couldn't control it properly was the problem, not whether or not she really "needed" one.
I was about to post the same sort of thing....just because a user CAN get off the ECV doesn't mean that it is not needed.

Goofyernmost

I was about to post the same sort of thing....just because a user CAN get off the ECV doesn't mean that it is not needed.
You know the irony of the whole ECV thing is that there is no requirement of "need" to get one. Just the desire to get one. There is nothing stopping anyone for renting one it they want. With the new, improved queues there is no front of the line advantage anymore, so it is a matter of so what. Some people ride bikes in the city and some drive cars and some walk. Do we look at everyone in a car and think... Well, they didn't really need to use the car, we should give them the evil eye.

Ben_since_1971

Not too outrageous, but I witnessed an episode of stroller rage one Christmas night leaving MK. Crowd of people walking out, Mom #1 pushing a stroller has one of the wheels dip into the trolley tracks and it jerked her to the right, bumping into Mom #2.

Mom #1 (who never lost control of stroller and very polite) - 'Oh, excuse me'
Mom #2 (heavy on the snark) 'You are not going to get there any faster!'
Mom #1 (quickly into 'oh no she didnt mode') 'I said excuse me!!!!'

Before it got any further, two referees, I mean husbands step in and separate the throwdown before it got there.

Did I mention this was Christmas night??

Ben_since_1971

+1

BaconPancakes

You know the irony of the whole ECV thing is that there is no requirement of "need" to get one. Just the desire to get one. There is nothing stopping anyone for renting one it they want. With the new, improved queues there is no front of the line advantage anymore, so it is a matter of so what. Some people ride bikes in the city and some drive cars and some walk. Do we look at everyone in a car and think... Well, they didn't really need to use the car, we should give them the evil eye.
I couldn't disagree with this more. If you don't need to be using an ECV in the park, then you ABSOLUTELY should not be using one, period.

Goofyernmost

I couldn't disagree with this more. If you don't need to be using an ECV in the park, then you ABSOLUTELY should not be using one, period.
Why? Just because some of us don't like it? There is nothing either morally or legally wrong with using any type of transportation available to us. They are available to everyone and unless someone can think of a good reason why people shouldn't use one, even if it's just fun to do, then I fail to see what is wrong with it. I don't intend to use one until I absolutely need to, but, that is a matter of pride and my independent streak coming out. However someone else using one really doesn't affect me in any way.

plaz10

I saw a mother berating her son (maybe 7 or 8) on the way into MK. She was screaming at him "How about thank you for the hotel or thank you for breakfast! HUH? HUH?" and to her family "Keep him away from me for the rest of the day - I don't want to see him!!" And he's just bawling hysterically sulking behind his family.

I felt so bad for the kid.

Ben_since_1971

I saw a mother berating her son (maybe 7 or 8) on the way into MK. She was screaming at him "How about thank you for the hotel or thank you for breakfast! HUH? HUH?" and to her family "Keep him away from me for the rest of the day - I don't want to see him!!" And he's just bawling hysterically sulking behind his family.

I felt so bad for the kid.

That's horrible. People need to keep a level of perspective in these situations. Kids can be kids at times, and I am sure little Johnny did something not smart, but for Mom to lay into him like that, in front of onlookers, AT Disney World of all places is, :mad:.

Goofyernmost

This isn't outrageous but more funny. Between a husband and wife in EPCOT:

Wife: "Do you want to take a picture in front of that?" as she points
Husband: "Is it a Kodak picture spot??"
Wife: "No..."
Husband: "Then nope!!!"..and walks off leaving her in the dust
Since Kodak no longer exists, it is going to be hard to get a picture taken. No more Kodak picture spots! :)

Goofyernmost

That's horrible. People need to keep a level of perspective in these situations. Kids can be kids at times, and I am sure little Johnny did something not smart, but for Mom to lay into him like that, in front of onlookers, AT Disney World of all places is, :mad:.
I guess I agree to an extent, but, we have no way of knowing what preceded this or the context of the anger. I know, it's a major crime to say anything even the slightest negative to a kid, especially around the parental police, but sometimes the best lessons are taught when a little embarrassment is involved. Now if you said, she took out a stick and started beating him with it, then I wholeheartedly agree that this is wrong. But from the wording, I am suspect concerning whether or not this might not have been a justified moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom