Most Outrageous thing you've witnessed at WDW?

VoiceGuy07

While this is not outrageous, it's was kind of lame. "Kind of Lame" however, does not make the title for a good thread. We were in Animal Kingdom and parked the stroller to ride something (don't remember what, it's been a while). When we returned to pick up the stroller, someone had taken the batteries out of our Water Bottle Fan thingy that we left in the stroller. Sure it was a hot day but come on! Kaaaaaaaahhhhhn!!

Last edited:

Tobe

About 3 years ago, I went to use the restroom in the U.K. at Epcot. I went into the stall to attend to business and all of a sudden this guy in the stall next to me flashes a packet of some white substance under the stall wall. When I didn't take it or give him payment, I think he figured out that I wasn't who he thought I was. He bolted out of the stall so fast that he dropped his wallet on the way out. I turned it into a shop in the pavillion but didn't explain the circumstances behind finding it. Perhaps that was wrong but I guess I was feeling rather generous that day.

NiarrNDisney

I work custodial at mk and there are at least 2 outrageous things.

First is pretty bad

One is that I was working the male rr at crystal palace and I walked in and there was blood everywhere. On the walls, toilets, the floor. We had to shut the rr down. As I was cleaning waiting for my manager and a few other custodians to help, a guest walked in to use the rr. I told him he couldn't come in, and that's when he told me it was his blood. He used a stall and when he came out...there was more blood! His seat in the restaurant was soaked in blood. Took like 10 of us to clean it up.

Umm why was he bleeding? And why didn't he get a CM to at least take him next door to the First Aid? If there was that much blood something serious had to have happened!

FettFan

Umm why was he bleeding? And why didn't he get a CM to at least take him next door to the First Aid? If there was that much blood something serious had to have happened!

It sounds like ulcerative colitis. Ulcers form in the colon and rupture, causing massive bleeding. There is not much in the way of treatment....typically it will heal on its own with the aid of a regimen of antibiotics and a change in diet.

However, if gone untreated, the ruptures cause perforations in the colon causing the entire organ to shut down and die, at which point an emergency colostomy is necessary to save the patient's life.

Sounds like the guest in question, judging by his nonchalant attitude, has gone through this before.
He might want to be making an appointment with his doctor for surgery....if he's even still alive.

graphite1326

No, not joking at all. Are you? Before we get into a major pro & con discussion, let me just say that I didn't say that I think everyone should get one, which wouldn't happen anyway, but, that there is no reason to be judgmental if someone does. They are doing nothing wrong, it's just that some people, obviously you are one, that just for whatever reason, think it is an awful thing. It isn't, it's just a choice that anyone can make.
No really, you are just kidding around.......right?

Matt_Black

My two cents on the matter. Me, and people like me, who are able-bodied and have no problem walking around the parks all day, shouldn't get one. Now, people like my mother who, though not technically disabled, find they get severe discomfort after walking around a bit, like in the knees or hips, I've no problem with them using scooters if they feel that not doing so would cause their trip experience to be lessened in some fashion. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

Club Cooloholic

My two cents on the matter. Me, and people like me, who are able-bodied and have no problem walking around the parks all day, shouldn't get one. Now, people like my mother who, though not technically disabled, find they get severe discomfort after walking around a bit, like in the knees or hips, I've no problem with them using scooters if they feel that not doing so would cause their trip experience to be lessened in some fashion. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you SHOULD.
Totally what I was thinking, some things are governed by laws and others by class and manners. But trying to explain why something is wrong to someone that does not get it will rarely work, you might as well find a nice redbrick wall or limestone even and ask how its day is going.

graphite1326

Well put

Goofyernmost

Don't ask me how I know, but hemorrhoids can do the same thing. They are a total pain in the... well, you know!

No really, you are just kidding around.......right?
Nope, not kidding at all. As Matt Black says in the next post, because you can doesn't necessarily mean that you should, and most won't. However, one has to realize that just because we think it's wrong does not automatically make it wrong. It's perfectly legal and common sense and refinement will stop most of us from doing that.

Heck, I need one, but, don't get one because people with bigger problems need them more. But for us to get our undies in a knot every time we JUDGE someone else as not needing one, is no more right, is it? I could get one and possibly have not interfered with anyone. Depends on demand.

Agreed!

NiarrNDisney

Don't ask me how I know, but hemorrhoids can do the same thing. They are a total pain in the... well, you know!
It sounds like ulcerative colitis. Ulcers form in the colon and rupture, causing massive bleeding. There is not much in the way of treatment....typically it will heal on its own with the aid of a regimen of antibiotics and a change in diet.

However, if gone untreated, the ruptures cause perforations in the colon causing the entire organ to shut down and die, at which point an emergency colostomy is necessary to save the patient's life.

Sounds like the guest in question, judging by his nonchalant attitude, has gone through this before.
He might want to be making an appointment with his doctor for surgery....if he's even still alive.

Yikes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom