Most Heart Warming Feeling

Iteachwood

Original Poster
To me there isn't a more heart warming,feel good all over moment in Disney than entering the Magic Kingdom, turning the corner onto Main St and seeing that castle! Its just feels "Right" and this august will mark our 37th trip and I guarentee I'll have goosebumps when I take that turn onto Main St...guarenteed.....can you think of any more "moments"?

zurgandfriend

When we stay at the Contemporary;
The ride to the resort on the DME, going under the aqueduct that connects Bay Lake and the Seven Seas lagoon and then there is the monorail and the resort on the right and the Magic Kingdom right in front.

The first time I get on the Monorail and I hear “Please stand clear of the Doors…”

When we stay at the Wilderness Lodge;
Walking through the automatic doors getting hit in the face with a blast of cold air while look over the lobby.

rodserling27

Entering MK is a great one! I like the feeling of getting on the first ride/attraction of the day at the Magic Kingdom. Always makes me smile like a little kid, and I say "oh boy I really AM here!"

Also the moment the lights dim in Main Street Electrical Parade timed with the vocoder announcement...happiness all over! SpectroMagic's lights-out moment always takes me by surprise, but also makes me smile like a little kid.

Hmm, the opening ceremony at MK always gets me going too.

Graham9

I know when I'm finally there and everything about to begin when I enter MK and step out from under the station and have a good look round and everything and begin to take in the atmosphere.

Let the fun begin....:lol:

Hot4Hudgens

The feeling when you first arrive to MK is definitely hard to top. Just being there, sights, smells, the fact that just about everyone is a little nicer and courteous. It's as close as you can be to being on a different planet.

bmarkelon

It is hands down seeing the Castle for the first time every trip, I always get goosebumps if not a little teary eyed.

The closest second has to be any time I see the magic on my children's faces. Those ear to ear smiles and twinkle in their eyes always gets me.

foreverbelle

Oh there are a few.

I love getting on that ME, watching that silly promo video I have seen a thousand times but watch it anyway because its something to do. And then when you pull up to the resort for the first time, an you realize you are here!!!

And then when you enter MK for the first time, whether its on your first day or your last. Its just amazing....

nepalostparks

I had one of those heart warming moments myself on our trip last week, but it was specific to the moment.

We were seated in the third row to see Festival of the Lion King, with is one of my favorite shows in Disney to begin with. I was right behind an elderly lady in a wheel chair, her daughter and grandson sitting next to her on the end of the bench. She was a typical frail looking person, but let me tell you, she was clapping, bobbing her head, snapping her fingers and loving every minute of the show. Alot of the performers would swing by and give a high five to her grandson (who was probably about 4 or 5), and I imagine that must have delighted her as well.

For how hot of a day it was (pushing 95) and how much it must have took for her to be there, she sure enjoyed herself for that show. I'm not ashamed to admit it brought tears to my eyes. I hope at that age I too can still be enjoying Disney World as much as she was.

JIMINYCR

Besides the moment of entering the MK for the first days visit, I enjoy being somewhere and watching the excitement shown by someones young child as they get to finally see the character they've been standing in line to meet. Watching the smiles, the joy, as they get that greeting and hug from the character. Nothing beats seeing the happiness of a small child.

stratman50th

The day that I had my heart attack! :D

Ok, that wasn't exactly heart "warming", but I got over it.

The first is when we exit Rt4 onto EPCOT Center drive and see the entrance sign over the road.

The second, I don't know if it qualifies as heartwarming but when we stop and find my parent's brick at the entrance to Magic Kingdom. My mom was a huge Disney nut and they came down two or three times a year. She loved the place. My dad just loved doing anything with my mom.
My mother died from pancreatic cancer in April of 09. My dad died from pancreatic cancer in December of 10. Their brick means a lot to my family now as a memorial.

ThinkTink721

To me there isn't a more heart warming,feel good all over moment in Disney than entering the Magic Kingdom, turning the corner onto Main St and seeing that castle! Its just feels "Right" and this august will mark our 37th trip and I guarentee I'll have goosebumps when I take that turn onto Main St...guarenteed.....can you think of any more "moments"?

That is my moment too! :wave:

JiminyandTink

For me, the whole arrival process is great. First, riding on the ME filled with anticipation. Walking away from check-in with your room keys in hand. Waiting for my fist bus to MK, and everything culminating with that first view of the castle on Main Street.

JHASdiz

I love the feeling of walking into MK also, and smelling the popcorn as you enter Mainstreet.

But I also love after we check into the CR going up to our room, sitting on the deck and hearing the train whistle from the MK, that's when I feel I'm finally back home:)

I also love smelling what we call the 'peppers" as we walk across the bridge to ride PotC, which has always been my families 1st ride ever since I was young. It's our Tradition!!

BadWolf

To us, it's when we first exit the airport shuttle and walk into the lobby of the Polynesian. The smell of the atrium fountain is the start of our vacation.

WDWkid at heart

awesome moment

During our 2009 trip, we were in DHS back in the animation courtyard. We were waiting in line for a photo with Chip and Dale. Just as our turn came up this elderly lady (she had to be at least 80) in a wheelchair pulled up behind the characters. Her Daughter asked us if she could cut in line to see Chip and Dale. We said sure you can. She wheeled up to Chip and Dale and they started their usual play for a guest. The look on this old lady's face was unbelievable. She had the look of a child, laughing with wonder and excitement in her eyes, just like a kid would do. This scene totally made my trip for me! To see a grown person react in this way just about had me in tears! It made my heart leap to see someone that age enjoy that as much as she did was truly awesome! That truly captured why we all love this place like we do no matter how many times we visit!

akira12

I know when I'm finally there and everything about to begin when I enter MK and step out from under the station and have a good look round and everything and begin to take in the atmosphere.

Let the fun begin....:lol:

The feeling when you first arrive to MK is definitely hard to top. Just being there, sights, smells, the fact that just about everyone is a little nicer and courteous. It's as close as you can be to being on a different planet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom