Most Common Employment Questions - Hourly

schuckm10

Hi everyone,

I have an opportunity to interview for a seasonal Gameday Sports Photo Pass position and I was wondering if anyone knew about potential time off during my 10-12 weeks. I have a 5 day trip planned in February for the Glass Slipper Challenge and would like to spend those days with my friend. Will I be able to get those days off or will I need to start my seasonal position after that? I would like to start immediately after my interview, but if I can't get those days off during my training period, then I don't want to spend the flight money to get down there to find out I wouldn't be able to start until after February.

Thanks!!

BriNole21

Does anyone happen to know when your Maingate pass resets visits? I thought it may be the date hired but that just passed and it's still the same.

mahnamahna101

If my name wasn't posted on the WWoS custodial roster for June 7th-13th; and that week is gray on the Hub' and schedules are finalized by Tuesday at 5pm... does that mean I don't work at all that week?

I can't seem to figure out if I'm working that week or not. I set up a day to take my family to MK since I saw no real indication I'm working on Sunday. Should I call the WDW scheduling department just to make sure?

Hi, I am 16 years old and a Junior in high school. Would I be able to work for disney in any way, even meaning if I went there for a summer and worked? Or am I too young?
Disney hires at 16 but your choice in roles will be limited due to labor codes but there are still a lot of options.

Thanks for this information. My GF just got hired full time housekeeping at Old Key West Resort. She did her time at Disney U and today was the first day she was to be at the resort training. She has a bad tooth with an exposed nerve and woke up this morning in a massive amount of pain. Against my recommendation, she insisted on calling out. What are the potential consequences of this? I told her even if it's "allowed" it can cause some to call her work ethic and dedication in to question. She's a very hard worker and dedicated to Disney, but I fear that will not come through.

She should be fine. If she has a strong work ethic that should become evident in a short time and this one call out will be quickly forgotten.

bailey clare

I'm a sixteen year old and I really want to work in the parks, but when I go on the jobs page they all seem to require me to be 18 years of age. I just don't know which roles I can be in as a 16 year old. What are my options? Do those jobs just not have openings currently? Thanks!!

wDwCaitie

Thanks for all of the helpful information!

I'm a senior in college and did not realize that you could apply to the DCP up to 6 months after you graduate. I applied to the DCP for this Fall on the very last day it was open and have been stuck in Submission. The email said I should hear something on the 15th regarding my application but I've heard if you sit in submission, you're not likely to get accepted. I also applied for a Photopass position at Disney World. I didn't realize the seasonal position was only 150 hours. I immediately got a web based interview, passed, and have a interview scheduled for next Friday for the seasonal position. Should I try to mention that I am interested in the college program for the fall during the interview? That would be my top choice. Thanks for any help or insight!

hiddenmickey75

I have worked in law enforcement for the last 17 years. Have never in my life been in trouble, only 1 speeding ticket. Recently I saw Disney was looking for security personnel. I did an online application and then the next day was sent about a 100 question multiple choice exam. Then a few days later I received an email that said I did not qualify for the position. I thought it was strange, especially with no explaination. Now I have to wait 6 months to apply again? Could it be because I currently live in Wisconsin? I was planning on moving there if I got the job right away but would I need to live there first to even get the job? Is there anything I could or should do differently?

TXDisney

I work for the treasury department and looked into printing jobs at Disney. Couldn't find anything really, and based on what should be similar paying jobs it just not enough money.

I just got hired and I was told to have open availability on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I was planning on taking some college classes when I wasn't working. I wanted to know how hours at WDW range in length and time. Also, would I have the ability to work around potential classes? Just wondering if anyone has insight! Thanks!

admiral-ari-x

I am currently planning for college, and I heard from a friend that Disney offered to pay for her college as long as she worked there. Deliberating on this, I wondered if there was a way I could go to college at a school nearby in Florida or California, and have my tuition covered by the parks for a ll four years. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate option for Disney? It would really help me, I don't have much to spare for tuition :s

HauntedMansionFLA

I have worked in law enforcement for the last 17 years. Have never in my life been in trouble, only 1 speeding ticket. Recently I saw Disney was looking for security personnel. I did an online application and then the next day was sent about a 100 question multiple choice exam. Then a few days later I received an email that said I did not qualify for the position. I thought it was strange, especially with no explaination. Now I have to wait 6 months to apply again? Could it be because I currently live in Wisconsin? I was planning on moving there if I got the job right away but would I need to live there first to even get the job? Is there anything I could or should do differently?
Good question. Does disney look for more local people for positions compared to out of staters??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom