• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Most Common Employment Questions - Hourly

Advertisement
Hi everyone,

I have an opportunity to interview for a seasonal Gameday Sports Photo Pass position and I was wondering if anyone knew about potential time off during my 10-12 weeks. I have a 5 day trip planned in February for the Glass Slipper Challenge and would like to spend those days with my friend. Will I be able to get those days off or will I need to start my seasonal position after that? I would like to start immediately after my interview, but if I can't get those days off during my training period, then I don't want to spend the flight money to get down there to find out I wouldn't be able to start until after February.

Thanks!!

Does anyone happen to know when your Maingate pass resets visits? I thought it may be the date hired but that just passed and it's still the same.

mahnamahna101

If my name wasn't posted on the WWoS custodial roster for June 7th-13th; and that week is gray on the Hub' and schedules are finalized by Tuesday at 5pm... does that mean I don't work at all that week?

I can't seem to figure out if I'm working that week or not. I set up a day to take my family to MK since I saw no real indication I'm working on Sunday. Should I call the WDW scheduling department just to make sure?

Hi, I am 16 years old and a Junior in high school. Would I be able to work for disney in any way, even meaning if I went there for a summer and worked? Or am I too young?
Disney hires at 16 but your choice in roles will be limited due to labor codes but there are still a lot of options.

Thanks for this information. My GF just got hired full time housekeeping at Old Key West Resort. She did her time at Disney U and today was the first day she was to be at the resort training. She has a bad tooth with an exposed nerve and woke up this morning in a massive amount of pain. Against my recommendation, she insisted on calling out. What are the potential consequences of this? I told her even if it's "allowed" it can cause some to call her work ethic and dedication in to question. She's a very hard worker and dedicated to Disney, but I fear that will not come through.
She should be fine. If she has a strong work ethic that should become evident in a short time and this one call out will be quickly forgotten.

I'm a sixteen year old and I really want to work in the parks, but when I go on the jobs page they all seem to require me to be 18 years of age. I just don't know which roles I can be in as a 16 year old. What are my options? Do those jobs just not have openings currently? Thanks!!

Thanks for all of the helpful information!

I'm a senior in college and did not realize that you could apply to the DCP up to 6 months after you graduate. I applied to the DCP for this Fall on the very last day it was open and have been stuck in Submission. The email said I should hear something on the 15th regarding my application but I've heard if you sit in submission, you're not likely to get accepted. I also applied for a Photopass position at Disney World. I didn't realize the seasonal position was only 150 hours. I immediately got a web based interview, passed, and have a interview scheduled for next Friday for the seasonal position. Should I try to mention that I am interested in the college program for the fall during the interview? That would be my top choice. Thanks for any help or insight!

I have worked in law enforcement for the last 17 years. Have never in my life been in trouble, only 1 speeding ticket. Recently I saw Disney was looking for security personnel. I did an online application and then the next day was sent about a 100 question multiple choice exam. Then a few days later I received an email that said I did not qualify for the position. I thought it was strange, especially with no explaination. Now I have to wait 6 months to apply again? Could it be because I currently live in Wisconsin? I was planning on moving there if I got the job right away but would I need to live there first to even get the job? Is there anything I could or should do differently?

TXDisney

I work for the treasury department and looked into printing jobs at Disney. Couldn't find anything really, and based on what should be similar paying jobs it just not enough money.

I just got hired and I was told to have open availability on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I was planning on taking some college classes when I wasn't working. I wanted to know how hours at WDW range in length and time. Also, would I have the ability to work around potential classes? Just wondering if anyone has insight! Thanks!

AJH219

I just got hired and I was told to have open availability on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I was planning on taking some college classes when I wasn't working. I wanted to know how hours at WDW range in length and time. Also, would I have the ability to work around potential classes? Just wondering if anyone has insight! Thanks!
Yes, just schedule your classes Wednesday through Friday.

admiral-ari-x

I am currently planning for college, and I heard from a friend that Disney offered to pay for her college as long as she worked there. Deliberating on this, I wondered if there was a way I could go to college at a school nearby in Florida or California, and have my tuition covered by the parks for a ll four years. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate option for Disney? It would really help me, I don't have much to spare for tuition :s