1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Most Common Employment Questions - Hourly

Discussion in 'Employment/College Program/International' started by roypup, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Alexfuchs22

Alexfuchs22 New Member

Hey everyone. On Friday (October 4th) I auditioned for a character and look alike for Disneyworld. We learned a dance then there were cuts. We learned another dance.. There were more cuts. After that we had to sign some paper work. Next the video camera came out and we did an animation, then jumped right into the second dance we learned, then another animation, followed by the same dance. There were no more cuts. We finished auditions then they read off a list of people that they wanted to have stick around after. They took some more pictures of me. Is that for a face character? How long can I expect to wait before being contacted. I am general recruitment. Not CP. Any help and info is greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

2. heavenslightt

heavenslightt New Member

Hi I know that this is really old but my boyfriend and I just got jobs as arcade attendants in the disney all star resort part time of course, and we were wondering if we get into the parks for free and what do we use to get into the parks?

3. SpicEEJade

SpicEEJade New Member

I am unable to open this link any suggestions?

4. Annette Toedtli

Annette Toedtli New Member

As a full time new cast member, I have some questions that the handbook doesn't cover. If I need an additional day off sometime, can I request unpaid days off? Does that affect full time status?

Also, I heard that you can bid for your schedule every six months. Does that apply to new cast members?

Last, are 2 days guaranteed to be scheduled off together every week?

THANKS!!!!

5. joanna71985

joanna71985 Well-Known Member

Yes, you can request additional days off

Yes, as far as I'm aware, all FT CMs can bid

Yes

6. Johnd8810

Johnd8810 New Member

Got into Disney as bell services dispatch/ greeter, who else did?!?!?!

7. zuey2370

zuey2370 New Member

If you worked for the Disney Store in the 90's is that an automatic in or are the computer systems not even connected anymore. I've had several jobs since then and I would not even have to put it on my resume because it is so long ago and not very relevant anymore (I was a kid, now I'm in my 40's!). It used to be an automatic thing, and I wasn't sure how often the files were "cleaned out" so to speak, wondering if that has changed at all.

8. dvitali

dvitali Active Member

I like to work somewhere at Disney at a non-park role, there must be workers on the property that do not have to spend any time inside the parks. I thinking about those who work in warehouses shipping or receiving or company truck drivers, that bring products into the parks or take items out of the parks on a regular bases. Cannot image Disney allowing Coke to drive up to the back of MK and unload, but can see Disney having a warehouse on the property and deliver the coke bottles them self to the parks or to the resorts and keep fill those cooler and vending machines.

9. GeorgeS

GeorgeS New Member

Thanks for this information. My GF just got hired full time housekeeping at Old Key West Resort. She did her time at Disney U and today was the first day she was to be at the resort training. She has a bad tooth with an exposed nerve and woke up this morning in a massive amount of pain. Against my recommendation, she insisted on calling out. What are the potential consequences of this? I told her even if it's "allowed" it can cause some to call her work ethic and dedication in to question. She's a very hard worker and dedicated to Disney, but I fear that will not come through.

10. Disney_Schobert

Disney_Schobert New Member

"Buena Vista Construction" is the main contractor for Disney construction.

11. Disney_Schobert

Disney_Schobert New Member

Correct there are warehouses on property and truck drivers whom deliver products to locations all over. This is a strict role and not high turnover. I'd suggest you contact Casting and quest them directly, or apply for Disney Bus Driver and in the interview let them know of your other interests.

12. disneyshane88

disneyshane88 New Member

Just a quick question that has been irking me. How does fast passes work for CMs and has it changed now with FP+

13. fugawe09

fugawe09 Active Member

Previously, Cast Members inserted their magstripe Maingate card into a legacy FP machine and got the return time. Now CMs have RFID-enabled Maingate cards and can visit a FP+ kiosk in-park to get same-day return times. Linking Maingate cards to MM+ for MagicBands and FP+ pre-booking is not currently available, but may be a future function.

14. princesshalo22

princesshalo22 New Member

Hi :) I know at DLR you take your picture for your Cast ID at your onboarding appointment, do you receive your ID then as well or do you receive it at Traditions?

15. mkt

mkt Awesome

Be careful, be anonymous if possible.

I was threatened with termination on at least one occasion for my posts here, but this was about 11 years ago, before Disney understood the internet.

16. TXDisney

TXDisney Well-Known Member

Always thought it'd be fun to work at Disney. My wife did her college internship at disney. The pay is just awful or else we'd consider going there to try and work. Plus I have a good government job with great benefits. But with how often we go and we live in Texas, it always seems like it'd be awesome to work there if somehow you could get a good paying job.

17. borntodeal

borntodeal New Member

Hello there! Is there a Forum specifically for landlords seeking Disney employees as tenants? I have a rental and it's close to the studio. Please let me know.

ericka1025 and PrincessMe like this.
  18. mkt

mkt Awesome

Yes.

It's called Craigslist and a background check.

19. frozenqueen

frozenqueen New Member

Hi, I am 16 years old and a Junior in high school. Would I be able to work for disney in any way, even meaning if I went there for a summer and worked? Or am I too young?

20. TXDisney

TXDisney Well-Known Member

I work in printing. Any decent paying jobs at Disney in that field? Looking for $20+ hr.