Most Annoying Guest Behavior

Spikerdink

How about those people who rent the electronic wheelchairs and don't really need them? Then they ride behind you beeping there little horn and blame it on you when they clip your ankles. I'm sorry but along with the other 50,000 people in the park today I am following the crowd to the exit where would you like me to go!

I am not going to get into the do they/don't they arguments, but a few times in past trips I have been hit by one of ECVs. Once I was standing by the tree of life - close to the railing when an ECV came rolling up, and ran right over my foot. I howled in pain (I have problems with my nails and they are often close to being ingrown, so the toes are usually very sensitive). The driver of the ECV looked at me and said, 'That didn't hurt.' I wanted to launch a string of non-Disney sanctioned NYC style words, but held my tounge.

Another time I was walking down Sunset Blvd and was crossing the street. An ECV made a turn at the same time and clipped my ankle, causing it to bleed. That time I was not as quick to catch my mouth and I said somethign to the effect of 'What a truck!' The person accompanying the driver got in my face and wanted to fight me. I looked at this little guy - I am 6'3 200 - and knew if he wanted to go for it there would be two hits. I hit him and he hit the floor. I told him to perform the physically impossible and continued on....

I love the video of the person beeping to get out of the park after the parade....classic.

Disney Shib

I am not going to get into the do they/don't they arguments, but a few times in past trips I have been hit by one of ECVs. Once I was standing by the tree of life - close to the railing when an ECV came rolling up, and ran right over my foot. I howled in pain (I have problems with my nails and they are often close to being ingrown, so the toes are usually very sensitive). The driver of the ECV looked at me and said, 'That didn't hurt.' I wanted to launch a string of non-Disney sanctioned NYC style words, but held my tounge.

Another time I was walking down Sunset Blvd and was crossing the street. An ECV made a turn at the same time and clipped my ankle, causing it to bleed. That time I was not as quick to catch my mouth and I said somethign to the effect of 'What a truck!' The person accompanying the driver got in my face and wanted to fight me. I looked at this little guy - I am 6'3 200 - and knew if he wanted to go for it there would be two hits. I hit him and he hit the floor. I told him to perform the physically impossible and continued on....

I love the video of the person beeping to get out of the park after the parade....classic.

I had a very similiar thing happen during my last July trip. The parks were incrediably crowded and it was right after wishes had finished. This family (i'd guess a total of 10-12 people) were sitting next to us during the fireworks. A women was in her ECV and I heard her tell her husband, also in an ECV, that she's happy she listened to the lady on "that website" who told her about the rental company because not having to carry their backpacks or find seating when they get their quick service saved so much time. A teenger with them also mentioned how since mom & dad got the ECV's they didnt have to wait in line (which completely floored me because I thought steps were put into place to stop people who dont need backdoor access from being backdoored)...they proceeded to high five. The dad said we should head over to Space Mountain right after the fireworks when it's most crowded because they will just let us right in. I've got the "cripple walk down pat"... I ALMOST LOST IT! Never in my life I have met such insincere and frankly offending people in my life. Once the fire works were over my grandmother (in her late 70s, no EVC) walked behind me and towards the bridge for Tomorrowland. She was nailed in the back of the legs by the women and stumbled a littled. I let out a nice (watch where the fudge your going)... the husband and teenage son proceeded to scream in my face and about how we should watch where we are going because EVC's have the right of way. I said you just took out my grandmother? They said "move her to the side so she can grip the handrail then." and they took off beeping at people the entire way down the bridge. Naturally, not a CM is site to witness it but we had a couple other really sweet guests stop us to see if she was ok and to provide babywipes to clean up the backs of her bloody ankles.

Goofyernmost

I had a very similiar thing happen during my last July trip. The parks were incrediably crowded and it was right after wishes had finished. This family (i'd guess a total of 10-12 people) were sitting next to us during the fireworks. A women was in her ECV and I heard her tell her husband, also in an ECV, that she's happy she listened to the lady on "that website" who told her about the rental company because not having to carry their backpacks or find seating when they get their quick service saved so much time. A teenger with them also mentioned how since mom & dad got the ECV's they didnt have to wait in line (which completely floored me because I thought steps were put into place to stop people who dont need backdoor access from being backdoored)...they proceeded to high five. The dad said we should head over to Space Mountain right after the fireworks when it's most crowded because they will just let us right in. I've got the "cripple walk down pat"... I ALMOST LOST IT! Never in my life I have met such insincere and frankly offending people in my life. Once the fire works were over my grandmother (in her late 70s, no EVC) walked behind me and towards the bridge for Tomorrowland. She was nailed in the back of the legs by the women and stumbled a littled. I let out a nice (watch where the fudge your going)... the husband and teenage son proceeded to scream in my face and about how we should watch where we are going because EVC's have the right of way. I said you just took out my grandmother? They said "move her to the side so she can grip the handrail then." and they took off beeping at people the entire way down the bridge. Naturally, not a CM is site to witness it but we had a couple other really sweet guests stop us to see if she was ok and to provide babywipes to clean up the backs of her bloody ankles.

It's possible, but, I'm not sure the new system was in place yet in July and if it was it was still new and ripe for abuse. As in any system a lot depends on the honesty of individuals. If they have no pride and are willing to look needy just to get in the front of the line, well it has to be for a very good reason. I think most of the queue lines have been widened to accommodate chairs and ETV's so it has to be some really good excuse to get front of line anymore. And the above story is a wonderful example of why Disney had to adapt the new system. Sometimes people are just disgusting.

Todd L

The Scooter Situation seems to be getting Really out of control.

A Woman tried Riding her Jazzy..Full Speed between My Wife and Daughter as My wife was helping My Daughter get a necklace on...we were Literally less than a foot from the Curb. there was At least 35 feet between us and the next Guest....It was probably the stupidest or most Thoughless thing ive ever seen anyone do.

Were talking about a woman in her Mid 40's who seemed to be of sound mind and If shes not of sound Mind why the hell is she Buzzing around Epcot by herself ?

I said.."Are You Kidding me lady ..you couldnt go around?" She gave me a nasty Look and kept going Muttering something about me fornicating with My Mother........

Saw another woman intentionally take out the Red Rope at Crystal Palace because she was told she needed to speak to the cast member to make a reservation...Ran It over and Dragged it Yelling all sorts of Non-sense about lawsuits and cursing along the way.

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

I need a "love it" button for this one! I can't agree more. First, it is nice to see when kids are taught manners, as you are doing!
I was on a crowded bus with a backpack on my back & a sound asleep 3 year old in my arms...and stood! A young man (20's) sat beside me. People at the back of the bus yelled at him to get up but he didn't. When we finally stopped, he got a full dose of my backpack when I turned to get off the bus.

This happened to me once when I was carrying my very tired, 6 year old niece back from MK. I was standing while this young man sat there in front of me just watching. At one point I had to set her down b/c she was so heavy and she could barely stand. Was falling on the floor and still the man did not give up his seat. His wife was also sitting next to him watching. I would have punched my husband in the arm and told him to stand his butt up and let the child sit! I was furious!

Disney Shib

It's possible, but, I'm not sure the new system was in place yet in July and if it was it was still new and ripe for abuse. As in any system a lot depends on the honesty of individuals. If they have no pride and are willing to look needy just to get in the front of the line, well it has to be for a very good reason. I think most of the queue lines have been widened to accommodate chairs and ETV's so it has to be some really good excuse to get front of line anymore. And the above story is a wonderful example of why Disney had to adapt the new system. Sometimes people are just disgusting.

It's so sad when you think of all the people who really do need that priority access and have to jump through hoops to get it because selfish people take advantage. It's really very sad.

ToyStorygirl

I must be very weird that people with flash photography in rides don't bother me. I could live without it but it doesn't enrage me like it seems to so many people here. Funny how we all have different peevs.

bethymouse

The water bottles thrown into the water at the water taxi waiting areas is horrible!:arghh:
My Mom age 73 had a scooter parked out of the way at a quick service restaurant. Someone sat in it to make a call on her cell phone. It seems odd, but it was annoying because Mom had some "stuff" in her scooter basket.o_O I guess the lady must have been really tired! Still, I would never sit in someone else's scooter- parked or not.:eek:

Kids who beat up the characters and their parents do nothing. Ate at the Polynesian recently for breakfast and some little you know whats kept kicking Mickey in the shin, the other cast member was kindly asking them to stop as the parents sat chowin down on their eggs laughing. By the time Mickey came over to us we jokingly asked if he wanted some ice and the other cast member was like yea seriously he needs it you guys saw that?! It was ridiculous.

HokieDevil

I'm pretty sure I agree with most people here on the entitlement and rudeness of guests in the parks. On a trip about ten years ago I remember riding the Tower of Terror right before close. It was my two friends on the ride and then a group of 3 or 4 teenage brats. Once the doors closed the kids put their feet up on the chair in front of them. Instantly a voice came across and said, "Put your feet down or this elevator isn't going anywhere" They straightened up real quick. I wish though that Disney was able to do this to curb other behavior. Often large groups especially from certain countries feel the need to talk throughout the entire experience. During the Haunted Mansion stretching room scene a group of people were speaking Portuguese so loudly you couldn't even hear the ghost host. Things like that ruin the experience.

Dwarful

My new biggest pet peeve is people who drag along giant coolers. The summer of 2012 our trip ended on a very bad note at HS when a large group cut me off and then came to a complete standstill with their giant igloo cooler. I fell hard on the Streets of America and broke my big toe. Worst part of the whole thing was we were flying home that afternoon. Let me tell you...taking my shoes off for TSA was easy...putting them back on...NOT!

I also can't stand people who spit anywhere and everywhere, people who run you over to be the first in the row of a theater only to stop right in the middle of the row and act like they don't understand a word anyone is saying as 40 people try to climb over them. People who feel the need to spoil every little bit of magic with their knowledge....sometimes I just want to be in the magic...I don't need to hear you explain how the stretching room works in the HM...I just want to enjoy the show.

OK rant over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom