News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

LittleBuford

I got that wrong... oops.
I don’t mean to be rude, but you keep making mistakes in this thread based on a seeming lack of interest in looking up basic information about the cultures and regions you keep stating things about, even after being corrected multiple times. It’s a bit depressing at this point.

Bocabear

I don’t mean to be rude, but you keep making mistakes in this thread based on a seeming lack of interest in looking up basic information about the cultures and regions you keep stating things about, even after being corrected multiple times. It’s a bit depressing at this point.
Well you are doing a good job...and honestly, aside from that offhand remark, I usually do look things up... But thank you for always pointing out my faults to me.

LittleBuford

Well you are doing a good job...and honestly, aside from that offhand remark, I usually do look things up... But thank you for always pointing out my faults to me.
You’ve posted multiple posts here asking for the introduction of a Sinbad ride and ignoring every cultural and geographical correction that’s been offered to you. Of course I’ll keep pointing it out if you keep doing it.

LittleBuford

Not sure what you find so funny, @Disstevefan1. Perhaps you might understand some of my frustration if you imagined how weird it would be for someone to flippantly insist that a Rescuers attraction would be fine in Canada (hey, it’s all North America anyway!), or that Mary Poppins should be shoehorned into Italy (because one European country is as good as another). I don’t fault people for not knowing about culturally unfamiliar regions, but there’s no excuse for ignoring correct information when it’s actually made available to you.

Bocabear

Trolling is something completely different. People make suggestions all the time that might not be ideal in some people's heads... That is not trolling, it was part of a conversation. If you don't like that idea, say you don't like...see? that's how an exchange of ideas happens... And I care very much for the parks and resorts. So, anyway, Back to the Morocco pavilion...

In the Parks
No
Shouldn't this be off-limits? Was she on a diplomatic mission across another continent?
1721749089132.png

LittleBuford

Trolling is something completely different. People make suggestions all the time that might not be ideal in some people's heads... That is not trolling, it was part of a conversation. If you don't like that idea, say you don't like...see? that's how an exchange of ideas happens... And I care very much for the parks and resorts. So, anyway, Back to the Morocco pavilion...
I wasn’t accusing you of trolling. That was meant for the person I was replying to.

Disstevefan1

Not sure what you find so funny, @Disstevefan1. Perhaps you might understand some of my frustration if you imagined how weird it would be for someone to flippantly insist that a Rescuers attraction would be fine in Canada (hey, it’s all North America anyway!), or that Mary Poppins should be shoehorned into Italy (because one European country is as good as another). I don’t fault people for not knowing about culturally unfamiliar regions, but there’s no excuse for ignoring correct information when it’s actually made available to you.
Good points and I hate EPCOT is turning into IPCOT, and Disney WILL continue do things that is illogical.

I cant speak for the people of Norway, but I can see putting Frozen in Norway could be insulting to them.

Putting Ratatouille in France, could that insult French folks saying France is rat infested, possibly.

I will make jokes, DO NOT take anything I say personal, I just say silly stuff for no reason.

We all must remember, no matter what is said on these boards, Disney will do what it will do.

You really do make this boards a lot less boring and I thank you for that. 👍

YOU STAY MWCAGCA 👍

DCLcruiser

The original Middle Eastern story is set in China, though there is nothing obviously Chinese about the characters (who all bear Arabic names) or the world they inhabit. Rather than being a serious ethnic claim, Aladdin’s Chineseness was a way of signalling that his story was taking place in an exotic faraway land. Disney opted (sensibly, I think) to match the story’s cultural frame of reference and set it in the Middle East instead, but British pantomime performances still go with the Chinese setting of the original source material. (Ali Baba is not Aladdin’s father, by the way.)
Thank you. I see here that Wiki agrees with why "China" is used in the original text. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladdin

Cassim, but he is basically Ali Baba.

LittleBuford

I cant speak for the people of Norway, but I can see putting Frozen in Norway could be insulting to them.

Putting Ratatouille in France, could that insult French folks saying France is rat infested, possibly.
These are nothing like my analogies, which involved conflating different cultures and regions. That’s what this this thread is full of—people treating Morocco as if it could be anywhere in the Arab/Muslim world rather than recognising it as a specific place with a distinctive culture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom