News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

matt9112

Hopes:

Shops in the courtyard reopen along with both restaurants. Cultural Hosts return when possible to staff the pavilion. Meet and greet return to drive traffic.

realistically:

most shops remain shuttered, Marrakesh operating seasonally or becomes a rentable venue space. Pavilion becomes another Canada with half the place just becoming facades.

What happened to canada?

castlecake2.0

There were originally shops in the upstairs part of the Canada pavilion but they've been closed for a very long time.

I think they're just used as storage space now.
Correct, this beautiful space that could easily host a food and wine type offering is just sitting their full of plates and other supplies for Le Cellier. Terrible terrible shame.

39B04ACD-47DC-4FD6-8FBB-857145E385EB.jpeg
890D1CC6-DA89-440F-943D-95475B20083E.jpeg

bpiper

Correct, this beautiful space that could easily host a food and wine type offering is just sitting their full of plates and other supplies for Le Cellier. Terrible terrible shame.

View attachment 636732View attachment 636733
Back when that store was open, I purchased a pair of fall maple leaf earrings for my wife's birthday. She wears them every fall to this day.

castlecake2.0

LittleBuford

It seems they gave up trying to write in Arabic on the outside of the building... for now...
View attachment 641366

Hidden Mickey!!

View attachment 641367

Spices still don't look like spices. Went from Crayola crayon to dirty plastic.
Much more than the fake spices, it's the writing that still gets to me. I cannot describe how utterly jarring it looks for someone who can read the script. It really is just a painted transfer of the Arabic equivalent of Times New Roman. I'm normally on the Pixie Duster end of the spectrum, but for Disney to drop the ball in as sensitive an area as cultural representation is just inexcusable, especially when they had the chance to redo it right after the first disastrous attempt.

castlecake2.0

The thing that bothers me about closed shops is that it would be so simple to turn into a gallery or sitting area for guests to use. The boutique in Canada, shops in Morocco, Germany, UK, all just shuttered. Add some tables, put some props on the shelves, now guests have a place to sit and eat/drink without sprawling out on the streets. Disney keeps pushing the “foodie” thing without giving people enough places to eat it. Then they go and close an operating attraction to make yet another foodie booth. It’s really mind boggling.

Bocabear

As more and more of EPCOT becomes empty attractionless spaces and park, I would prefer they not turn the market into a sitting area... They need to return it to what it was... These shops were integral to the whole experience of EPCOT...Without them, there is a real loss to the overall experience... If they replace the shops with Branded Disney crap, then again, we are losing the whole point ... After the ridiculous ongoing redo of the Core of the park, you would think they would double down on the World Showcase portion and make it more immersive and thematic than ever... Not the opposite...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom