More Insider Updates

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Have fun with these:

- The new motion simulator vehicles for Star Tours are now finished minus paintwork and some theming elements. These babies are definitely some of the most technologically advanced vehicles we've ever designed at WDI. First of all, they will offer the smoothest, most realistic movements of any motion simulator in any theme park in the world. Second - and the nugget of info I dangle in front of you - they do so while simultaneously moving on a track at such a level of finesse that even the most sensitive or observant passenger is unable to detect the movement. My absolute favorite thing has got to be the new movement the vehicle uses for simulating light speed entry... more on that at a later date.

- Refurbishing the Haunted Mansion at WDW is a different kind of process - first, the scenes are cleaned and stripped down, then made to look brand-spanking new, and then made to look old again... but in a purposefully vintage kind of old. Various scenes are at different stages at this time. However, one of the biggest jobs that has to be completed quickly is the replacement of every single "doombuggy." Two new doombuggy models were already in place to test them with guests, but now we have the arduous task of replacing every single one of the old ones with the new versions. This involves moving the conveyor belt one unit further at a time where a team of maintenance guys/gals un-bolts them and carries out "somewhere." The new doombuggy must then be bolted in place by a separate team waiting a few feet farther down the conveyor.

- The new Typhoon Lagoon addition is now going full steam ahead. WDI is finalizing the blueprints for the fully themed area which will be located adjacent to the Crush'n Gusher ride in what is now referred to as the "boneyard" by cast members. The addition will still allow for future developments in that area, but also bump up the guest capacity for the park. You can expect the new attraction to fully compliment Crush'n Gusher in its theming and further the backstory of Typhoon Lagoon previously being a seaside village. Stay far away from this area if you dislike the Beach Boys, however.

- Cinderellabration will be receiving a few changes in its performance. Guest reviews of the show have consistently depicted it as being "fluff." While it was never meant to be a tremendous display of depth (and in my opinion, it lacks the "magic"), it seems that guests agree with what I have thought from the point in time it was decided it should be transplanted to the Magic Kingdom. We won't mention the happy exec's name who wanted it there... he knows who he is. I'm completely uninvolved with the rewrite, but I would suspect that the changes won't be major. Oh the opportunity that was missed in placing a drama event in front of the castle.

Remember to take your daily allotment of salt.

SirNim

Second - and the nugget of info I dangle in front of you - they do so while simultaneously moving on a track at such a level of finesse that even the most sensitive or observant passenger is unable to detect the movement. My absolute favorite thing has got to be the new movement the vehicle uses for simulating light speed entry... more on that at a later date.
As they say at a famous fast-food chain,

I'm lovin' it!

:wave:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I feel like I'm swimming in the ocean right now

Figment571

Hooray for exciting double posts!

What does it mean to make it look vintage, like grind house vintage where it's cruddy on purpose or what? Also are they doing anything about the craptastic pop-up heads.

Also your saying new star tours is kinda like SM in IOA....hurm.

Beach Boys HHHHHOOOOOORRRRAAAAYYY! I hope it makes it through to be built. "Noting like the oldies!".......Anyone, Anyone.
How would that work though. how could the Beach Boys be used, just music? Or an attraction similar to the one in Wet'N'Wild with the disco except use Beach Boys? That's possible I guess.

P.S. got another trilogy of movies coming out that is possible to be an Alien killer, His Dark Materials I.E. Golden Compass maybe ........

Champion

- Cinderellabration will be receiving a few changes in its performance. Guest reviews of the show have consistently depicted it as being "fluff." While it was never meant to be a tremendous display of depth (and in my opinion, it lacks the "magic"), it seems that guests agree with what I have thought from the point in time it was decided it should be transplanted to the Magic Kingdom. We won't mention the happy exec's name who wanted it there... he knows who he is. I'm completely uninvolved with the rewrite, but I would suspect that the changes won't be major. Oh the opportunity that was missed in placing a drama event in front of the castle.

Considering Cinderellabration has been gone since last September ...

Pete C

- The new motion simulator vehicles for Star Tours are now finished minus paintwork and some theming elements. These babies are definitely some of the most technologically advanced vehicles we've ever designed at WDI. First of all, they will offer the smoothest, most realistic movements of any motion simulator in any theme park in the world. Second - and the nugget of info I dangle in front of you - they do so while simultaneously moving on a track at such a level of finesse that even the most sensitive or observant passenger is unable to detect the movement. My absolute favorite thing has got to be the new movement the vehicle uses for simulating light speed entry... more on that at a later date.

Man I really, really hope you are right about this. I have always thought a track would enhance a motion simulator since they could actually accelerate the vehicle forward rather than just tilting you back for G-force simulation.

Pete C

Maybe, but maybe not. He said you would not be able to detect the movement along the track. That would indicate that you would not be able to see outside the vehicle. In that case, the track could be used in tandem with the pitching of the ride vehicle to further enhance the sensation of movement. I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

mkt

Premium Member
Regarding Cinderellabration, if by rewrite, they mean add the parts that were removed from the Japanese version, then I'm all for that. I have felt that the WDW version of Cinderellabration had been missing certain key elements... like a plot, and the ability to be seen more than once without feeling the sudden need to shove a parasitic lamprey in my head.

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hooray for exciting double posts!

What does it mean to make it look vintage, like grind house vintage where it's cruddy on purpose or what? Also are they doing anything about the craptastic pop-up heads.

By vintage, I mean that it's not as simple as putting on new paint to make it look as new such as we did with "It's a Small World." With the Haunted Mansion, you must put on new paint, carpet, etc, and then make that new stuff look very old. I can't speak as to the pop-up heads, but I'll check into that and talk about it in the next sneak peak.

And as to Star Tours being like the Spidey ride... now do you think George would accept a copycat ride for his Star Wars franchise? (that's a no)

Figment571

Maybe, but maybe not. He said you would not be able to detect the movement along the track. That would indicate that you would not be able to see outside the vehicle. In that case, the track could be used in tandem with the pitching of the ride vehicle to further enhance the sensation of movement. I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

Oh I see about HM. Just kinda confused me with the wording.

Yeah that's what I meant. Like it is know on a track and with a lot better cabins. Like Spider Man only enclosed and other things that make it better and original. I wonder what they will look like? I'll miss Paul Reubens though "He-He!":ROFLOL:

Champion

I'm sure you and I agree that it should stay in that same situation... unfortunately, some execs just won't let it die. Thus, the rewrite (sentence fragment for all you grammar people).

Sorry, I don't buy it. Dream Along With Mickey is MUCH more popular, and a decent amount of money was spent on the articulated heads.

I can't see them close DAWM and then restarting Cinderellabration.

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Sorry, I don't buy it. Dream Along With Mickey is MUCH more popular, and a decent amount of money was spent on the articulated heads.

I can't see them close DAWM and then restarting Cinderellabration.

I am not aware of any plans to close "Dream Along with Mickey," and I did not suggest any such plans. Read between the lines on that.

mkt

Premium Member
2 castle shows, like when the KoK shows were around? Or using the Galaxy Palace Theatre again?

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The Galaxy Theatre would not be used for either show.

We'll see... I need to be more optimistic about the re-write; it has the potential of being very good. I'm just apprehensive with the same few people working on it that modified the show for its first iteration in MK. Still, I probably need to give them the benefit of the doubt.

CThaddeus

I'm guessing there won't be much movement forward or backward in Star Tours. If the one at Disney-MGM is like the one at Disneyland, there isn't much more room for the simulator to move. Is there talk of extending the building?

mkt

Premium Member
The Galaxy Theatre would not be used for either show.

We'll see... I need to be more optimistic about the re-write; it has the potential of being very good. I'm just apprehensive with the same few people working on it that modified the show for its first iteration in MK. Still, I probably need to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Does a Mr. C.B. have anything to do with the rewrite?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom