More "Evidence:" Timekeeper to Monsters, Inc.

wannab@dis

good post, Empress Room! I like hearing from others with an open view.

It's also interesting that so many tend to forget that Disneyland was originally built as one big movie/television tie-in. Almost every attraction and even land had ties to the entertainment side of the business.

Captain Chaos

Lee said:
Not sure where all this Monster's Inc. talk is coming from. I haven't heard anything to lead me to believe that MI is coming to MK at all.
The Incredibles...on the other hand...:lookaroun

The Incredibles in Timekeepers spot or in MK anywhere? Because they don't fit Tomorrowland either... But In Fantasyland, yea.. They fit better there.. How The Incredibles fit into Tomorrowland is beyond me.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
CommunicoreBabe said:
Timekeeper is not some huge space for a ride if I recall. It would have to be a movie or something else that doesn't take up a whole lot of space......

I think you could go with a two story darkride of some kind - there is a decent amount of space vertically. If they utilize the area out front along with the halway Im guessing that would be ample.

GymLeaderPhil

Lee said:
Not sure where all this Monster's Inc. talk is coming from. I haven't heard anything to lead me to believe that MI is coming to MK at all.
All you have to do is browse Mickey's Star Traders to see one corner section of the store devoted to The Incredibles. Last I checked there's only one Monsters Inc. plush in the store. That's it, that's all.

basas

I don't really like the sounds of this... First off, I don't find any connection between Tomorrowland and Monsters Inc (I agree with all the others who suggest an MGM dark ride....that would be great, but just not in Tomorrowland!). Second, I don't get why Disney wants to have the same type of attractions in each park...we already have a Turtle Talk-type attraction, why not keep it unique and exclusive to Epcot? All the parks should strive for their own unique attractions; we don't need the same types of attractions at each park.

basas

Lee said:

The Incredibles in Tomorrowland= just as bad. (is this for Timekeeper or CoP?)

But you never know with today's Disney...after all, Tokyo is getting Monsters in their Tomorrowland.

Just imagine the day when we have Monsters Inc (Timekeeper), The Incredibles (CoP), Stitch (Alien Encounter), Buzz (Dreamflight), 'Cars'(Speedway), Nemo (DL Subs)...I hear they're trying to find a way to fit Chicken Little into Space Mountain:lookaroun ....enough!

Main Street Jim

Just rename TL to "Pixarland". <sigh...>

I *hate* that the characters - any characters, Disney or not - are taking over Tomorrowland. There shouldn't *be* characters in Tomorrowland. AE was *awesome*. TimeKeeper - *fantastic*. If You Had Wings - nice slow, relaxing attraction, but unfortunately, we had to lose it because the sponsor went bankrupt. I didn't care for Dreamflight (the pop-up book incarnation); it just showed that there was no real *imagination* left at Imagineering at that time. Hell, even Mission to Mars was Disney cheesiness at its best!

MartyMouse

Well I’ve been away from the boards for sometime but this whole Monsters Inc thing bothers me. I share the same opinion of most of you that M.I. in no way shape or form fits into TL (but I still don’t see how Stitch and Buzz fit the theme either, both of those films take place in the modern world not the future). I’m of the mindset that the only “lands” where Disney characters belong are Fantasyland and Mickey’s Birthday-Starland-Fair, I think that characters from the films take away from the land’s theme, such as that Dumbo … er …I mean … that Aladdin ride slapped in the middle of a Polynesian village, marring Adventureland forever.

That being said, Disney wants to draw people to their parks so they have to keep up with current films, what I don’t understand is - isn’t M.I. like 4 or 5 years old now, shouldn’t they had an Attraction ready then? If Disney is going to tie a TL attraction into a Pixar film it should be the raceway tied into Cars. Some say that if the movie flops then Disney is stuck with an attraction based on a film that was a dud, but the Black Cauldron still bubbles over in Tokyo and people love it.

If you ask me, Disney should develop a Pixar land at the studios, right next to the Muppets, they both are great brands that should be capitalized on. Neither belongs at the Magic Kingdom or EPCOT Center for that mater, but I guess it’s too late to stop that.

What to do with Time Keeper? Well Disney missed the Tron boat for the second time in the company’s history, they should have developed a ride when the film came out in the 80s but they didn’t, they got a second chance with the game Tron 2.0 a few years back. I still say that a Tron ride or show or attraction would be phenomenal, but about as likely as Black Hole ride. I think they need to put in a new original future themed show, if Disney doesn’t come up with some new attraction stories soon then where will Walt Disney Pictures get their ideas for future films – The Jungle Cruise, Coming Soon.

SoccerMickey

The bus driver at Pop Century told me that the area of the Timekeeper is going to be a Golden Girls themed attraction. Seeing how they are so popular on Disney-owned Lifetime and the DVDs have been selling really well led Disney to see that they need to be incorporated into the parks. And Disney feels that it fits right in with Tomorrowland because what better way to see the future than to see what YOUR future holds for you. They are looking at a dark ride because it is best to see these ladies in the dark, with DisneyQuest's Cheesecake Factory Express at the exit to keep with the theme. I can't wait for this attraction!! You heard it here first.

MartyMouse

SoccerMickey said:
The bus driver at Pop Century told me that the area of the Timekeeper is going to be a Golden Girls themed attraction. Seeing how they are so popular on Disney-owned Lifetime and the DVDs have been selling really well led Disney to see that they need to be incorporated into the parks. And Disney feels that it fits right in with Tomorrowland because what better way to see the future than to see what YOUR future holds for you. They are looking at a dark ride because it is best to see these ladies in the dark, with DisneyQuest's Cheesecake Factory Express at the exit to keep with the theme. I can't wait for this attraction!! You heard it here first.
Thank you for being a friend …:lol:

pcf1385

Also, whether it be monsters inc or something else, how long does it normally take to build a darkride? I've been wondering this ever since they said the Timekeeper was closing and that construction walls were going up?

WeLComeHomE OKW

Valawen9 said:
So what's the Monsters Inc. ride at DL like?

a dark ride. nothing more, nothing less. Its not very impressive, but it is fun.

I could see The Incredibles fitting more into CoP then the Timekeeper space. I think the Timekeeper space should really be used for something new and interesting. I think they should stick with a similar theme as Timekeeper and make it innovative. Disney has done it before, why not again? It could still involve moving forward and backward in time...

disneywy

Lee said:

Hmmmm...Could this be the same Incredibles attraction that has been rumored for DCA?

KumbaRider

The Incredible family is the family of the future, which could be used to argue their connection to Tomorrowland...
Timekeeper is too small for a ride-based attraction, a movie style show is the biggest thing that could fit into that space.

disneywy

WeLComeHomE OKW said:
a dark ride. nothing more, nothing less. Its not very impressive, but it is fun.

While it is a dark ride, I would say it is equal to other dark rides in the stateside resorts. Two fun things are the smell in the resturant and how Roz will respond with different things depending on what the guests say or do.

Magicot

Empress Room said:
"The latest rumor however was for a Monster’s Inc. themed attraction that might attempt to use some of the projection technology used in Turtle Talk with Crush. With the new Monster’s Inc. ride open at California Adventure seeming to be a hit, this certainly is possible if they deem that the Monsters Inc theme fits into Tomorrowland instead of the Studios. With Tomorrowland quickly becoming the new SciFi themed Fantasyland (Buzz Lightyear, Stitch’s Great Escape) I can see Monsters fitting in."

You can read the entire piece here (near the bottom): http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_magic_kingdom.htm

What do you think?

Wait.... so where's the evidence?:veryconfu

Lee said:

ugh. Isnt the Incredibles ride planned for MGM Studios? I figured the fact the Incredibles walk around charecters were moving there was a big sign.

imagineer boy

No Monsters Inc. in Tomorrowland dammit!!!!! If they do put one there, then the imagineers have lost all credibility. There is no excuse for putting an attraction in a land that it has no connection too. No matter how good the ride will be. Why can't they just tear WWTBAM out and build it there? It would atleast fit alot better there. But this rumor is coming from ScreamScape, so I'm only going to take it with a grain of salt. But still, if this is true.... Ugh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom