More Disney Fun with Social Media (pics included!)

WDW1974

Original Poster
A possum hangs in a tree. You hit it with a spotlight. Shoot it with a 22, skin it out, and eat the meat. When the pelt is used for a collar on a jacket in some fancy ladies boutique it becomes an oposom. It's actually the same animal. I was just being a little hoity-toity in my post. It's nice to know you have rescued many turtles, but you caused one poor possum to become homeless.

I truly felt guilty about making the little fella homeless ... I had no clue he/she was living under there. And thanks for the possum lessons. I think Lee will eat them regardless of whether there's an 'o' at the start or not.

Strange how Mrs. Lee feels that way when sober. I've always found Lee to be quite charming. While you on the other hand at times can be....how shall I say....rather coarse, and caustic perhaps. :D

Mrs. Lee is an amazing woman, one who could do so much better than with you know who. Um ... yeah, he can be charming like when he's playing tepanyaki chef or singing Disney showtunes, but I can offer her things that only the top percent usually have access to. And I'm as cuddly as a big teddy bear! As I've said before women and fanbois want me. Men want to be me!:D;):cool:

BrightImagine

What I would like to know is whether Disney bloggers and "personalities" have been expressly asked not to mention the free stuff they receive. I believe that was insinuated somewhere in this thread. If writers are choosing to withhold this information, or not realizing that it's their responsibility to do so. that is one thing - but if they are being asked by Disney not to talk about it, that is another issue entirely.

disneyrcks

I am not sure what the issue is in this thread. Is it selling out? I don't believe in that sentiment. If people can make some money doing what they love, especially in this awful economy, then I think that is great!! I do want to speak for Tom Bricker because I only know him over the Internet, just like you all. But, why the fudge are some of you waiting to hear from him? Maybe he found an oppurtunity for him to make some extra money doing what he loves? Oh what a jerk (sarcasam). Good for him! I am sure he wants to buy a home, eventually start a family, but you internet peeps NEED answers! Forget his needs, forget his family, tell us why you are selling photos! Shame on all of you who have said that in this thread. It is disgusting!

I do not have a Tumbler, but I know what it is. Why is this piece of social media so bad? Social Media is here to stay, Twitter, FB, Tumbler, Instagram. It will be here for awhile. Christ, so many real celebrites tweet on Twitter, it is not going anywhere.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just a quick pop-in as I just completed a 45-minute survey for TWDC conducted by Lieberman Research Worldwide. The survey ran the gamut of topics from technology platforms and gaming to what films I had seen in a theater in the past year to how often I had been to theme parks ranging from WDW and DL (no separation on the gates) to Sea World parks to Knott's to Harry Potter Park (as IOA was termed) to Universal Studios FLA and Hollywood.

Beyond tech questions (no, I've never streamed a film on a phone and no, I never will ... sorry, Bob), they also went into social media questions from asking how often you read or post on Twitter to FB to where you get your Disney information/news from (no, I didn't check off the box for bloggers and podcasters!)

There were also questions on everything from what stores I shop at to what character merchandise I have bought (list was VERY long and included everything from Thor to Scooby Doo to Transformers).

What was also interesting was one question asked on whether I'd be interested in a Disney Loyalty Program. Gee, where have I heard that idea (did I actually suggest that many times to Disney folks in the real world? You betcha!)

disneyrcks

My thoughts on those who live by and defend Social Media to the ends of the Star Wars Galaxies.

forever-alone-face.png

But this is what social media has become, people expressing opinions with pictures. Look at things like Reddit. There is intelligent discussion and AMA's with the President......then people posting pics like this.

asianway

Just a quick pop-in as I just completed a 45-minute survey for TWDC conducted by Lieberman Research Worldwide. The survey ran the gamut of topics from technology platforms and gaming to what films I had seen in a theater in the past year to how often I had been to theme parks ranging from WDW and DL (no separation on the gates) to Sea World parks to Knott's to Harry Potter Park (as IOA was termed) to Universal Studios FLA and Hollywood.

Beyond tech questions (no, I've never streamed a film on a phone and no, I never will ... sorry, Bob), they also went into social media questions from asking how often you read or post on Twitter to FB to where you get your Disney information/news from (no, I didn't check off the box for bloggers and podcasters!)

There were also questions on everything from what stores I shop at to what character merchandise I have bought (list was VERY long and included everything from Thor to Scooby Doo to Transformers).

What was also interesting was one question asked on whether I'd be interested in a Disney Loyalty Program. Gee, where have I heard that idea (did I actually suggest that many times to Disney folks in the real world? You betcha!)
A loyalty program that rewarded paying customers? Rather than a bunch of lifestyling bottom feeders who get everything comped? Nope never happen

flynnibus

Premium Member

I've long advocated that is the answer to the issue of uncontrollable AP hords in DL and the way to diffuse the AP bomb. It could also be used to stroke the DVC member base.

For WDW, I see it a lot more complex given Disney's need to massage the hotel rates so dynamically. Maybe treat it like reaching tiers.. and the discounts associated with each tier are what are set dynamically.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The problem is when you run an 'independent' fan site and then work for Disney on the side. The following is part of a typical contract between a blogger/photog/contractor etc and the Mouse:

"Publisher does not have any right to alter or modify such Disney Brand
Features; (iii) Publisher will not use or display Disney Brand Features
or any of the other Disney Material in any manner that is defamatory,
misleading, libelous, obscene or otherwise potentially damaging to the
reputation of DSI or DSI’s affiliated companies or the goodwill
associated with the Disney Brand Features"

What that means in English is ''don't you dare think about saying one less than MAGICal thing about us'' because as nasty as some of our PR folks can be, you really don't want to be dealing with our lawyers!''

Well your own photos and opinions are not 'Disney Material' - so no, that's not what it means.

CBOMB

I truly felt guilty about making the little fella homeless ... I had no clue he/she was living under there. And thanks for the possum lessons. I think Lee will eat them regardless of whether there's an 'o' at the start or not.

Mrs. Lee is an amazing woman, one who could do so much better than with you know who. Um ... yeah, he can be charming like when he's playing tepanyaki chef or singing Disney showtunes, but I can offer her things that only the top percent usually have access to. And I'm as cuddly as a big teddy bear! As I've said before women and fanbois want me. Men want to be me!:D;):cool:

Isn't Lee originally from Tennessee? I know he's eaten possum, and probably didn't own a pair of shoes until the 4th grade.

I don't know about women, but I agree about the fanbois wanting you. I bet you don't always drink beer, but when you do it's Dos Equis.

Man my post are dropping like flies in this thread. Hurry up and read this one before it disappears too.:)

Atomicmickey

Isn't Lee originally from Tennessee? I know he's eaten possum, and probably didn't own a pair of shoes until the 4th grade.

I don't know about women, but I agree about the fanbois wanting you. I bet you don't always drink beer, but when you do it's Dos Equis.

Man my post are dropping like flies in this thread. Hurry up and read this one before it disappears too.:)

Your posts are dis ? Why think​
happen? You don't anyone​
remove make conspiring at
and​
give the of to create poodle if
Social M i potato thread. And if that Morton​
filled and furthermore, sink to
beans for breakfast, of course .​

That's just crazy.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally and currently from TN, yet no possum has ever been consumed by me. Frog...yeah, but no possum. Or any of the unsavory parts of cows or pigs, either.

TalkingHead

Originally and currently from TN, yet no possum has ever been consumed by me. Frog...yeah, but no possum. Or any of the unsavory parts of cows or pigs, either.

Ok, so no hog brains, but what about squirrel? CBOMB, feel free to chime in, too.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I've long advocated that is the answer to the issue of uncontrollable AP hords in DL and the way to diffuse the AP bomb. It could also be used to stroke the DVC member base.

For WDW, I see it a lot more complex given Disney's need to massage the hotel rates so dynamically. Maybe treat it like reaching tiers.. and the discounts associated with each tier are what are set dynamically.

I would be afraid that Disney would screw it up.

For instance, starting thing say in 2014 with all things even, so the ridiculous sums of money people like myself have spent since the 70s or having an AP since they first started selling them won't mean a thing ... just how much I/we spend going forward.

Maybe I'm a self-centered egotist (nah, that's others around here), but I've been a whale in Vegas parlance since the 1970s and I do believe that should count a bit more than someone who's on trip No. 4 (all since 2004).

WDW1974

Original Poster
Well your own photos and opinions are not 'Disney Material' - so no, that's not what it means.

When you work for Disney in any capacity, your OPINIONS regarding anything related to the company are 'Disney Material', so that IS what that means.

Ask any CM.

Contractors and that would include photogs in this Looking Glass experiment would fall under that

WDW1974

Original Poster

Fourth grade??!?! ... He dropped out in the second. ... As to his footwear, all I will say is you can see him a mile away if you look down (I am NOT kidding!)

No, it's not just fanbois, although they are quite ... um ... passionate in their desire for me. No doubt.
And I bet you're right!:D

Really?!?! This is a relatively well behaved thread since someone left it. PM/Email me with what I've apparently been missing. And we do need a nice chat (hopefully next week?)

WDW1974

Original Poster

I am afraid to ask what parts you find unsavory ...

Ok, so no hog brains, but what about squirrel? CBOMB, feel free to chime in, too.

He definitely eats them. I have to use the window lock function when driving him through my 'hood 'cause I don't want him eating my little furry friends (squirrels, NOT fanbois, get your minds out of the WDI closet!)

flynnibus

Premium Member
When you work for Disney in any capacity, your OPINIONS regarding anything related to the company are 'Disney Material', so that IS what that means.

Ask any CM.

What you are eluding to isn't covered by what you quoted, but I don't doubt is covered in other policies for actual employees or contractors. Photographers could still be compensated outside of that construct as well.

WDW1974

Original Poster
What you are eluding to isn't covered by what you quoted, but I don't doubt is covered in other policies for actual employees or contractors. Photographers could still be compensated outside of that construct as well.

The point is that when you work for Disney and are paid by Disney, you don't get to have just any public opinion about the company that you want. Let's agree on that, OK?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom