More closures confirmed for Disney's Hollywood Studios

donsullivan

Premium Member
So it seems some in the Disney 'fan' community have officially jumped into the level of complete insanity now. For oh so many years we've heard countless people railing against Disney taking so long to complete construction projects like New Fantasyland or Pandora. They choose to ignore the reality of what caused the construction schedule changed because it doesn't fit their negative toward Disney narrative. Now that it looks like Disney is going to move at a much more rapid pace for the massive refresh of DHS, that same so-called fan community is complaining they are going too fast; it will be too disruptive. Which is it people?

This is why Disney ignores these so-called fans because they don't want to actually solve anything, they just want to complain about Disney no matter what they do. I've followed and been a part of this community for quite some time now but the level of aggressive negativity I've seen over the last few months has me really dismayed. It's not longer about having differing perspectives on a topic, it's turned into incessant, never-ending negativity no matter what the topic and no matter what Disney has done.

And before anyone starts with the 'we just want to make it better' stuff, I'm sorry I don't believe you any more. Some in the community just seem compelled to find negativity in anything and everything that happens. It doesn't matter how innocuous something is, they have to find a way to spin it negatively against Disney. That isn't a 'fan' community.

Jon81uk

Soooooooo all this makes sense, but without the Hat, and now without the Tower...what is MGM's icon? The stage in front of the Chinese Theater?

Currently they are using the Hollywood Tower Hotel

raven

So it seems some in the Disney 'fan' community have officially jumped into the level of complete insanity now. For oh so many years we've heard countless people railing against Disney taking so long to complete construction projects like New Fantasyland or Pandora. They choose to ignore the reality of what caused the construction schedule changed because it doesn't fit their negative toward Disney narrative. Now that it looks like Disney is going to move at a much more rapid pace for the massive refresh of DHS, that same so-called fan community is complaining they are going too fast; it will be too disruptive. Which is it people?

This is why Disney ignores these so-called fans because they don't want to actually solve anything, they just want to complain about Disney no matter what they do. I've followed and been a part of this community for quite some time now but the level of aggressive negativity I've seen over the last few months has me really dismayed. It's not longer about having differing perspectives on a topic, it's turned into incessant, never-ending negativity no matter what the topic and no matter what Disney has done.

And before anyone starts with the 'we just want to make it better' stuff, I'm sorry I don't believe you any more. Some in the community just seem compelled to find negativity in anything and everything that happens. It doesn't matter how innocuous something is, they have to find a way to spin it negatively against Disney. That isn't a 'fan' community.
That's why this is called a "forum." Not everything you read here will be covered in pixie dust.

raven

The back half of the park was already barren and these closing are hardly a "big deal" like the same old posters are trying to claim. But, what else is new around these parts. People pushing the same old tiring gloom and doom agenda :rolleyes:
Exact same thing can be said for the fanbois who will defended the death anything to do with Disney.

zweltar

Right, no one pays $100 for DHS, typically. But that doesn't make it okay for us to be charged "full price" for a ticket or park hopper, still. I'd hope you realize those prices are based on entrance to each of the four parks, including a fully-functioning DHS. If the park is operating FAR below typical operating capacity and attraction offering, then I don't get why ticket prices should be the same. A diminished experience at DHS means a diminished experience at all other parks as guests flee the "quarter day" DHS and head to another park, namely MK.

I get that this construction will EVENTUALLY improve the DHS experience, but it doesn't change the fact that it MAJORLY impacts guests right now.

It's frustrating. It seems to convey, if not disdain, then at least disregard for guest experience. I want it to be different, but I fear those days are gone. Hopefully I'm wrong?

djkidkaz

Why are people complaining about Disney leaving the DHS price at $100? We all know the reason. It's because they aren't going to admit to the world that one of their parks is currently sub-par. That's a disastrous business mistake! Even if they DID adjust the price now you have to have an even more confusing ticket option.ok so you want to park hop? Are you going to hop to one of these parks or studios? Cause if your going to studios then you pay this price, but if your going to Epcot then it's this price. But if you change your mind now you have to go to a guest relations window and pay the difference. It's just bad business all around. Never gonna happen.

BrianLo

Discounting tickets is something you do when you want to attract more guests. Why on earth would Disney want to encourage more people to visit DHS when half of it is closed? I think this would be a completely different argument if DHS was struggling to bring in guests.

This is not a Disney is a business argument, this is a sheer park operations argument. I don't think Disney is trying to cheat people out of money, I think they are honestly hoping some people won't see the value of visiting and at least those that do will have relatively lighter crowds.

raven

Why are people complaining about Disney leaving the DHS price at $100? We all know the reason. It's because they aren't going to admit to the world that one of their parks is currently sub-par. That's a disastrous business mistake! Even if they DID adjust the price now you have to have an even more confusing ticket option.ok so you want to park hop? Are you going to hop to one of these parks or studios? Cause if your going to studios then you pay this price, but if your going to Epcot then it's this price. But if you change your mind now you have to go to a guest relations window and pay the difference. It's just bad business all around. Never gonna happen.
Now only if they actually "add" new areas instead of "replace."

donsullivan

Premium Member
That's why this is called a "forum." Not everything you read here will be covered in pixie dust.

This isn't about the 'pixie dust' line many try to use to dismiss others. It's about rational, real world thought over what it will take to implement the level of change and construction they have announced. In the real-world reality of this, I'd imagine there has been an amazing amount of tugging back and forth between construction schedule planning and park ops to achieve an aggressive schedule with the least 'reasonable' impact on park operations and guests experience. But lets face it, there will be impact on guest experience and each and every one of us is going to have to accept that.

If you are unwilling to accept that, then it seems a good idea for you to avoid this park for the next few years while all of this is happening. Incessantly complaining about it will not change their construction timeline one bit. Every project like this becomes a study in compromise. The more you try to reduce park operational impact, the longer or more expensive the construction project goes, that's just the reality of this sort of effort.

Incessantly complaining about it, and beating down others who have a more balanced and rational perspective about it is just ridiculous in my mind.

raven

Incessantly complaining cessantly complaining about it, and beating down others who have a more balanced and rational perspective about it is just ridiculous in my mind.

Rational perspective? WDI has reinvented the wheel several times just because they like to, they don't need to. All of this eats up time and resources.

Calling me a fanboi isn't an insult :p And I believe my posting history indicates I can be critical when needed. But I still have yet to find a reason to be ticked off with these closings at DHS. Maybe its because I truly hate this park, so I'm indifferent. They could burn everything, except RnRC and Tower, down and I wouldn't care.

Wasn't singling you out by any means. But I feel the same about DHS. I went on Saturday for the first time in about 8 months to see what was going on. But even the CMs working there are saying how poor it's become.

ToTBellHop

I still just can't see SWL moving to th back of the park over SoA and LMA. Everything I know at present suggests Muppets stays and gets dining. But you can't keep the Muppets and have Star Tours connected to SWL. My hope is that this moreso means Phase 3 is starting relatively soon (next 18 months). Note those are just my own thoughts though.

boufa

Omg, a quick serve and a few meet and greets, that I can live with, but closing honey I shrunk the playground is 1 step too far. I'm done with them. Lol.

It's sad, but common, that the only way people seem to think they look smart is to hate, or argue with everything. It is very much what the Internet is all about. There are times when the arm chair experts scare me away for a while, but I keep coming back.

Of course I would love to have some idea of the status of the toy Story ride expansion, that would have an immediate positive impact on the crowds and the park... but when I asked before, the experts decided that since they didn't have any idea, that I would get beaten up for even asking such a ridiculous question.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I still just can't see SWL moving to th back of the park over SoA and LMA. Everything I know at present suggests Muppets stays and gets dining. But you can't keep the Muppets and have Star Tours connected to SWL. My hope is that this moreso means Phase 3 is starting relatively soon (next 18 months). Note those are just my own thoughts though.

We also know a refurbished Pizza Planet will be opening by the end of the year so they aren't going to remove that building even if Muppets closed. Star Tours (if it stays Star Tours) is going to be separated from SWL at DL but they didn't have much choice there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom