More closures confirmed for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rutt

I disagree. I'm looking forward to TSL (and I'm rather old :)) and I'm sure a lot of families are as well. DHS needs a Fantasyland type area with attractions for people who are not so inclined to do ToT, R'nRC or even Star Tours. The Toy Story movies are box office hits, and well loved by many like my daughter and her friends, who were young in the 90s and 00s. We currently enjoy TSMM, and think the Andy's backyard theme, and slinky coaster, etc. looks fun and will be a welcomed addition.
I know my family certainly is.

Rutt

Not to mention closing the park would "probably" force them to reduce the annual pass price by probably 10-15%. I put probably in quotes, as I mean to say this lightly, as they probably wouldn't actually reduce the price.....
I doubt they would anyway. It still comes down to there being no real reason to shutter those rides.

indyumd

FWIW, I would never pay full price to go to DHS, but my Star Wars-obsessed 4 and 6 year-olds are going to go to DHS and do Jedi Training, Star Tours, Launch Bay, TSMM, and Disney Jr and see the Star Wars fireworks and it might be their favorite day of our upcoming trip.

We'll probably also make sure we do Little Mermaid, BaTB, Indiana Jones and Lights, Motor, Action and I'd guess they will enjoy all of those things as well.

There aren't 9 things we could do in Epcot that they'd enjoy.

dgp602

That's if it survives. Keep in mind Pixar Place will likely cease to exist once Toy Story Land is done. The playground could have been converted easily since that movie came out and never did.

Saddest part is that these areas appear to be earmarked for a potential third phase which may never happen, but are probably needed for access/staging for the others given how DHS is squeezed in there.

With no mention of Indy yet, is there any possibility that SW is being built on the other side of Star Tours extending into the back of the park?
I never thought of that! duh! So what happens to Toy Story Mania?

raven

Where though and when? Star Wars and Toy Story are taking up the best bits of the available building land. Also Frozen needed it's attraction open buy now, there was no where at DHS they could do that quickly, other than the sing-a-long show we got already.

Indiana Jones. That's been there for 25 years and since DHS is getting rid of the whole "studios" aspect of the park, it isn't going to make sense anymore. It's prime property with a lot of room.

Jon81uk

I never thought of that! duh! So what happens to Toy Story Mania?

In the short-term, you will only be able to get to TSMM from near One Man's Dream, the far end of Pixar Place will be closed off once Lights Motors Action closes. Once Toy Story Land opens, it is expected the entrance will move to the other side of the building, so it becomes part of Toy Story Land.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Why haven't they done this by now... well yes they have tons of money, but currently they just finished building an expansion in MK, a huge revamp of Downtown Disney, a huge revamp of DCA, building shanghai, a few years back building Hong Kong Disney. .
All things that were dragged and spread out over as many fiscal quarters and years as possible. Theyve had the money to do whatever their greedy hearts desire even while building everything else, they were just too cheap and scared to spend it. I wonder when, if ever, people will stop using MK expansion or Disney Springs as the reason for lack of park expansion. IF you would have thrown stock buybacks in there as a contributing factor then I would agree. .

boufa

Yeah that's "possible" locations, not definite.
But its been repeated here so often that it has become fact, and when it turns out that it is built in a different area, then 2 things will happen... 1) clearly the design is in flux and it was moved from the initial plan and 2) the imagineers or the Disney corp will be labeled as bumbling fools.

All things that were dragged and spread out over as many fiscal quarters and years as possible. Theyve had the money to do whatever their greedy hearts desire even while building everything else, they were just too cheap and scared to spend it. I wonder when, if ever, people will stop using MK expansion or Disney Springs as the reason for lack of park expansion. IF you would have thrown stock buybacks in there as a contributing factor then I would agree. .

Is this when I have to point out it is a business, and spreading expenses, and stock buyback are part of operating a business. When you walk into a McDonalds, do you get upset because they don't serve ethnic food? No, because when you walked into McDonalds you should have known what to expect. If you look at TDO as what it is, you find yourself a lot less disappointed. The interesting thing is our outrage at certain things must be funny to them, since they view their business as what it is... not what we wished it would be.

(This is where someone quote me, and reply with a Universal can do it statement)

Tony the Tigger

Well if we can't have Frozen in Norway (which was set in Norway) because they aren't "real" then we can't have those Mary Poppins and Alice characters hanging around England, right?

Also, Nemo is not a real fish. But I think the anti-Elsa people are also anti-Nemo, so at least that's consistent.

Nevermind the countries are caricatures of their historic selves and people don't wear those costumes anymore. But let's argue about the situational inaccuracies of cartoon princesses - because that matters and ruins the experience of the cartoon countries. ;) At WDW, no less!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom