News More Character Dining to Return at Walt Disney World

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
And Akershus took down Breakfast and Lunch menu from their site. I'm expecting the full "Storybook" menu updates to all meals coming.

Disney has removed any mention of breakfast from the "Taste of Norway" section.

It used to include this -

"Start the day with American breakfast favorites served family-style, and enjoy Norwegian-inspired fare for lunch and dinner.

Breakfast may include such selections as scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potato casserole, cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit."

Now it just mentions lunch and dinner -

"Enjoy Norwegian-inspired fare for lunch and dinner.

Delight in family-style platters fit for royalty! Highlights include field greens salad with lingonberry vinaigrette, traditional kjØttkake (Norwegian meatballs) and grilled salmon."

mattpeto

Disney has removed any mention of breakfast from the "Taste of Norway" section.

It used to include this -

"Start the day with American breakfast favorites served family-style, and enjoy Norwegian-inspired fare for lunch and dinner.

Breakfast may include such selections as scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potato casserole, cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit."

Now it just mentions lunch and dinner -

"Enjoy Norwegian-inspired fare for lunch and dinner.

Delight in family-style platters fit for royalty! Highlights include field greens salad with lingonberry vinaigrette, traditional kjØttkake (Norwegian meatballs) and grilled salmon."

There you go.

Akershus doesn't appear to be opening with breakfast. Helps alleviates some of the staffing challenges out of the gate.

Two pre-pandemic breakfast locations from Epcot (Garden Grill and Akershus) have still no signs of serving breakfast, yet.

ToTBellHop

There you go.

Akershus doesn't appear to be opening with breakfast. Helps alleviates some of the staffing challenges out of the gate.

Two pre-pandemic breakfast locations from Epcot (Garden Grill and Akershus) have still no signs of serving breakfast, yet.
Who needs breakfast anyway?

If we are triaging staffing, I suppose it makes sense to prioritize lunch and dinner, which will have the same menu at $63 a head. Menu looks good though! We may go. Kids turn 10 in January so we might as well take advantage of the kid rate one last time.

mattpeto

Hours loaded at Akershus looks to be late lunch/dinner.
21B489B3-2F13-4F29-928D-F6824EB520EE.jpeg

Attachments

• EB3C264E-6300-4C80-BE35-2DB335CE3274.png
    EB3C264E-6300-4C80-BE35-2DB335CE3274.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 46

ToTBellHop

Hours loaded at Akershus looks to be late lunch/dinner.
View attachment 673493
That seems like one shift. I presume they will extend as they get more cultural reps. Honestly, the fact that the cultural reps make this opening possible is the reason I want to eat here. I haven’t had a meal at Epcot with cultural reps since they returned and this is basically guaranteed to have them instead of the local CMs we’ve had at World Showcase restaurants since 2020.

Patcheslee

Returning CRT princesses is another small a step towards the DDP.

Next up: GG breakfast, CM buffet or Bon Voyage?

I’d think 1900 PF is last unless they do one meal like Akershus.
Wonder how much the GF lobby refurb would dictate 1900 reopening. DH was asking about general breakfast options, which seems to be a bit lacking TS wise. But that's usually been the case hasn't it?

Stupido

Returning princesses absolutely goes a long way to make it worth the premium you pay for CRT.

Though if you find yourself there for breakfast, don't skip the stuffed french toast. I still wake up dreaming about it.

mattpeto

I was coming back to this thread to demand 1900 PF come back now but with the lobby refurb, it just isn’t going happen anytime soon
I also think it fits into the Akershus challenge: too many princesses and shifts to run it like they did pre-pandemic.

Ramping up operations and starting with one princess/character mix has more of starting potential.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I also think it fits into the Akershus challenge: too many princesses and shifts to run it like they did pre-pandemic.

Ramping up operations and starting with one princess/character mix has more of starting potential.
Pre-pandemic, 1900 Park Fare only had one Princess- Cinderella at dinner.

Breakfast was Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh, and Tigger.

Dinner was Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella.

wdrive

Pre-pandemic, 1900 Park Fare only had one Princess- Cinderella at dinner.

Breakfast was Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh, and Tigger.

Dinner was Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella.

I mean most those characters have the same problem as Princesses. I don’t think it’s Princesses specifically that have a shortage more face characters in general.

mattpeto

Regarding character meals, still missing the experiences from pre-Covid:
  • CRT princesses (returning 2/28)
  • Akershus breakfast and lunch.
  • Garden Grill breakfast
  • Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast (at Trattoria al Forno)
  • 1900 Park Fare (breakfast and dinner)
Seems like the princess/character shortage is improving. DHS has new/returning M&Gs/sightings and plenty of random characters has been spotted at Epcot, apparently going through unofficial "training?"

I think Bon Voyage has to be next, unless they are waiting for the Boardwalk construction to be complete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom