News More Character Dining to Return at Walt Disney World

aladdin2007

If their is an issue on casting face characters for CRT they should use fur characters from the film including Suzy, Perla, Jaq, and Gus Gus. Technically they could port over the Fairy Godmother from Tokyo as well given its not a face character there either.

If Akershus reopens I wouldn't be surprised if they turned that into a Frozen character meal. Elsa, Anna, Olaf and Kristoff. They then could use Restaurant Marrakesh as a place where Jasmine has invited all her princess friends to come visit her while she's on visit in Morocco. Boom two popular character meals at Epcot utilizing closed restaurants.
This, it would certainly be more appropriate than all the princess characters that don't belong. There's no reason why it can't be a mini like version of the new restaurant on the disney wish. At least it would be more fitting for Norway better and still be a Norwegian inspired menu in that beautiful setting....From a operating standpoint however its a mess being a character dining location. Too much has been crammed in that one pavilion that can't handle so many people logistically. But none of that matters of course only the mighty buck matters....and Marrakesh would be perfect for Aladdin and friends. Id rather they not be characters at all but that's what people want so......but until cast are back in full from those countries neither will reopen in any shape or form. Norway would happen before Morocco.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

That's probably harder because you can have overlapping shifts cover lunch and dinner. But with breakfast and dinner you'd need multiple separate shifts.
With all due respect, and before I get accused of being “entitled”, EVERYTHING we do as guests now is harder…from getting up early for dining reservations, LL, virtual queues, etc. I don’t know about you, but I’m getting sick and tired of their excuses…Chappie, GET IT DONE…I’m sure they have a CP costume that’ll fit you…we’re making the sacrifices AND we’re paying to boot…find the staff and OPEN.

mikejs78

Premium Member
With all due respect, and before I get accused of being “entitled”, EVERYTHING we do as guests now is harder…from getting up early for dining reservations, LL, virtual queues, etc. I don’t know about you, but I’m getting sick and tired of their excuses…Chappie, GET IT DONE…I’m sure they have a CP costume that’ll fit you…we’re making the sacrifices AND we’re paying to boot…find the staff and OPEN.
That finding of the staff is much easier said than done. And it's not just characters - it's cooks, wait staff, etc.

Smiley/OCD

That finding of the staff is much easier said than done. And it's not just characters - it's cooks, wait staff, etc.
All right, I understand that, but realistically how long do we have to accept that? Will it get to the point where things just don't return? We have been back to the parks 4 times since WDW reopened in 2020... tomorrow is the second anniversary of reopening post COVID 7/11/2020...Wouldn't you agree this is getting a little out of control? I think so.

drizgirl

All right, I understand that, but realistically how long do we have to accept that? Will it get to the point where things just don't return? We have been back to the parks 4 times since WDW reopened in 2020... tomorrow is the second anniversary of reopening post COVID 7/11/2020...Wouldn't you agree this is getting a little out of control? I think so.
Of course there have been staffing issues. But 2 years later there are likely layers of additional reasons. Not the least of which is Disney refusing to operate anything at slightly less than max efficiency and profitability. With som places still closed the other restaurants are pushed to max occupancy every shift.

Sort of like park capacities. If we turn this button down a smidge here, look what happens there!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom