More booze at Disneyland

PiratesMansion

The monorail used to drop people off right at a bar at the Disneyland Hotel.

Nothing was ever stopping people from getting drunk in the parking lot or across the street and then going to the park.

For the last two decades, there was nothing stopping guests from getting drunk at DCA, the hotels, or Downtown Disney and then coming into Disneyland.

There is not an influx of drunks in the parks now that BB and Oga's allow alcohol.

This won't result in that either.

Last edited:

smooch

I'm part of the crowd that I don't care about this change, for the reasons stated above by others. Heck I've even pregamed in my hotel room before walking to the parks, there's been drunk people in Disneyland. I will say there's some judgement going on around alcohol consumption that I don't particularly like, whether it's semantics or genuine discussion of the topic. Maybe some people on the forums forget Disneyland is a vacation destination for many people, having a drink at a sit down restaurant with their meal (or even just a drink) within the park while on a vacation (family vacation / personal / with friends / etc.) is extremely reasonable.

If we want to get into the discussion of Disneyland being a family location serving alcohol then let's talk about movie theaters selling alcohol to parents seeing movies with their kids, restaurants who serve families with children alcohol, or even outdoor concerts / etc.? Even if your problem is people having access to alcohol directly within Disneyland then it circles back to the fact you could walk across the Esplande and have readily available alcohol to purchase (within a Disney Park!) and then stay within that park or go back to Disneyland, this will not have a noticeable impact. People just want to be upset Disney is going against Walt's desires for an almost 70 year old park, societal norms change and Disneyland has changed from Walt's desire / vision in far more substantial ways than letting people drink at a select few sit down food locations, I'd rather criticize them for those decisions.

As long as people aren't being disruptive / etc. (which they would then be dealt with by Disney security) I couldn't care less if people wanted to have a glass of wine with their meal or even a few drinks before going back out into the park. The parks can be stressful / overwhelming for guests, maybe a drink helps ease the anxiety. I've come home from work and poured myself a glass of wine to destress, maybe that's how some people feel within the parks. Wanting a drink to relax does not mean you need to go to AA or have a drinking problem.

Phroobar

Too bad Disneyland can't be left as the one place in the world where adults can't get sloshed. It isn't a family place anymore.

smooch

Too bad Disneyland can't be left as the one place in the world where adults can't get sloshed. It isn't a family place anymore.

Saying Disneyland "isn't a family place anymore" is absolutely insane lmao

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I’ve been to Epcot and I’ve seen things 👀

I’m enthusiastically in favor of selling alcohol at Disneyland, but I’ll admit I have seen truly ridiculous behavior in World Showcase. Never at DCA, though. Sincere question — I wonder why? There’s something happening in Epcot that makes guests think they’re at a frat party.

But anyway, it’s impossible for me to imagine such an atmosphere developing at Disneyland, as a result of parents enjoying a glass of wine with their Cafe Orleans lunch.

PiratesMansion

What gets me is the need for adults to be buzzed while on attractions with their family. Standing in those lines can trigger some ugly things when someone isn't in full control of their facilities.
There's a big difference between having a glass of wine with dinner-which is realistically what drinking at Disneyland amounts to for most people-and getting drunk immediately and deliberately before riding an attraction, which almost nobody is doing, or will do.

The price of alcohol will preclude all but the richest from having a ton of booze in the parks.

Please explain what ugly things you saw happening when people stood in line, and how you 100% know that it was directly correlated to excessive alcohol consumption and no other potential causes. Evidence, not vibes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom