Monthly Payment Program Begins at WDW

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
From the Disney Parks Blog....

Attention Florida residents … we’ve got some great news to share for those of you looking to spread out the cost of buying Walt Disney World annual passes. Our annual pass monthly payment program is now available online. And how it works is simple. Florida Residents make a down payment equal to the price of a non-discounted one-day Magic Your Way base ticket and then pay the remainder through 12 recurring automatic monthly payments scheduled for the year. It’s interest and finance charge free.

What are the benefits of being a Passholder? The list is long but most importantly, you have access to Disney “magic” all year — attractions, characters and events (the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is right around the corner). You can also customize your Disney experience when you select the Walt Disney World Florida Resident Annual Pass that’s right for you.
Find your Pass at http://www.disneyworld.com/payments. Oh, and please let us know if you’ll be using this payment option in the comments.

Tom

Beta Return
Why would they make this available only to Florida residents?

Because their most reliable and continuous source of Guests is Florida. Just visit WDW on any Saturday or Sunday and you'll see.

The easier they make it for FL residents to visit the theme parks, the more chance there is for those guests to spend money on souvenirs and food, which means recurring revenue.

Passholders outside FL (like me) can't be counted on to visit more than...maybe...twice a year (on average). Us "foreigners" don't spend enough money at WDW to make the ROI high enough for Disney to finance our passes.

They're probably testing the water with this offer. If it takes off in FL, maybe they'll extend it to the rest of us. That would be nice.

misterID

It is funny, NOW they care about Florida residents :D

FL Residents used to be a big part of WDW. And Florida residents stayed in the resorts, too, not just taking a day trip to the parks. We did. It's smart move on their part. But if they want that repeat FL resident APers buisness back, like DL has, they're gonna have to keep the parks fresh. But I think this is strictly to curb FL residents from going to UNI.

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
It is funny, NOW they care about Florida residents :D

FL Residents used to be a big part of WDW. And Florida residents stayed in the resorts, too, not just taking a day trip to the parks. We did. It's smart move on their part. But if they want that repeat FL resident APers buisness back, like DL has, they're gonna have to keep the parks fresh. But I think this is strictly to curb FL residents from going to UNI.
I'm a FL resident and we take many day trips, but that's not the same as going to WDW for a vacation just like we would if we didn't live here. That's why we still go 2 times a year on DVC. We bought the DVC before we moved to FL, but just b/c we live here doesn't mean that we want to get rid of it either. Going for a day is nice, but going for a week AND staying at DVC is a much different experience.

20009551sc

My family is so happy to see this. We are Florida residents who for the last 10 years had seasonal passes. We have not been able to afford passes over the last two years as economics have changed. Buying 4 pases all at once was getting pricey. This helps us a lot and gets us back into the passes. We vacation at the camp grounds every year plus we take many weekend trips. Florida residents form a base for WDW to keep. Im happy this has come about and we plan to take advantage of this.

Passport

Ar first I was excited. Then I read it isn't for pass renewals. I hope they change that so I can take advantage of the program.

devoy1701

Ar first I was excited. Then I read it isn't for pass renewals. I hope they change that so I can take advantage of the program.

sounds like they're just trying to entice new passholders....they already have the rest of us locked in! Though I'm sure alot of people will be willing to forgo the renewal discount and just buy a new pass when the time comes.

Btw, did the price of these passes go up too? I don't remember ever paying $392.99!

kapeman

Passholders outside FL (like me) can't be counted on to visit more than...maybe...twice a year (on average). Us "foreigners" don't spend enough money at WDW to make the ROI high enough for Disney to finance our passes.

I could argue that point.

We will be making 3 trips in a 12 month period. We also normally do at least 2 in a 12 month period.

I also know of others that make many more trips than we do.

Tom

Beta Return
I could argue that point.

We will be making 3 trips in a 12 month period. We also normally do at least 2 in a 12 month period.

I also know of others that make many more trips than we do.

You said exactly what I said :p I suggested that non-FL Passholders, on average, probably visit twice a year. I usually go twice a year. You usually go twice a year. There's no argument :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I agree there's probably not a coincidence at the timing of this announcement. WDW would love nothing more than to develop the same sort of AP base that DL enjoys.

Of course, the risk there is the blackout dates that DL has put into place.....:dazzle:

cdunbar

I agree there's probably not a coincidence at the timing of this announcement. WDW would love nothing more than to develop the same sort of AP base that DL enjoys.

Of course, the risk there is the blackout dates that DL has put into place.....:dazzle:
Buuuttt if they do the same that Disneyland does, and offer blackout day passes for 20 or 30 dollars than they would probably gain that base...:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom