Monthly Payment Program Begins at WDW

cdunbar

Exactly. Or offer a "Blackout Date Premium Add-On" to the pass itself.
Yup!

I'm seriously considering doing it, because the regular annual pass for a FL resident is like a $100 down payment and then $25 each time after that, it really is a good deal....

Dwarful

We are AP'ers in Illinois. I do wish they'd make this available for us, but I understand their desire to lure in the locals. Although, I don't know how much money is really spent by locals vs. out of state AP'ers. We go three trips in one year. We stay at a variety of resorts for a minimum of 8 nights each trip...those trips can vary though from Pop to Yacht & other places in between, but always on property.

But I know we are probably in the minority. I don't know what the percentage is of out of state AP'ers. However, I imagine there are a lot of people in Florida within an easy drive to WDW that don't have AP's. If they can add all of those people by offering this payment option then good for them.

Tom

Beta Return
Is it not possible for you'll to get in on it?

If a DVC member lived in Florida, they still qualify. But the rest of us (including those of us here in Indiana) get the DVC discounted AP rate. Financing would still be nice, but I don't anticipate it anytime soon.

s8film40

Why would they make this available only to Florida residents?

Because if someone is going to WDW for their once every few years vacation they could simply by the annual pass with the monthly plan pay the price of one ticket per person enjoy their ten day trip and close out their credit card when they get home. Limiting it to FL residents reduces the likelihood of this happening.

kit0214

It is funny, NOW they care about Florida residents :D

FL Residents used to be a big part of WDW. And Florida residents stayed in the resorts, too, not just taking a day trip to the parks. We did. It's smart move on their part. But if they want that repeat FL resident APers buisness back, like DL has, they're gonna have to keep the parks fresh. But I think this is strictly to curb FL residents from going to UNI.

........personally...Universal is nothing like Disney, they are two completely different worlds. I am okay going to Universal once in a while compared to Disney. Universal is not as clean nor is there hospitality as great! Sure they have cool rides but to me its like Great America. It just doesn't appeal to me as much. I think its worth visiting once in a while.

Disney05

I think this is a great idea. Probably should have been done a long time ago. If I were a FL resident I'd take advantage of it. Lay-a-way is a great thing.

kapeman

You said exactly what I said :p I suggested that non-FL Passholders, on average, probably visit twice a year. I usually go twice a year. You usually go twice a year. There's no argument :)

My point was that there are many people outside of Florida that go more than once or twice a year.

I also said that in a 12 month period we will be going three times and that others go even more than that.

3+ > 2

Disney05

a great way for people to get in over their head as well. I hope people use this wisely.
How do you figure? If I was already going to get the annual pass, instead of laying out all that money all at once, I can pay it off little by little with no interest. :shrug:

Dwarful

How do you figure? If I was already going to get the annual pass, instead of laying out all that money all at once, I can pay it off little by little with no interest. :shrug:

I think devoy1701 meant those people who haven't had AP's and now that they can make 'easy' monthly payments they think they can squeeze it into their budget. Some can, some can't. If people know they can't really affoard the AP but they go for it anyway...they may get in over their head. If they never had AP's before and now they decide to get them, they will have the added expenses associated with trips to Disney...even if they are day trips..you'll still have some expenses. These are expenses they didn't have in their budget prior to having their AP's. Now if you already have an AP and decide to go for the monthly payments you'll be fine because you were prepared to purchase AP's already and knew what you were getting into. I don't think devoy meant to imply all people would get in over their head, only those who foolishly thought they could suddenly affoard AP's.

Disney05

I think devoy1701 meant those people who haven't had AP's and now that they can make 'easy' monthly payments they think they can squeeze it into their budget. Some can, some can't. If people know they can't really affoard the AP but they go for it anyway...they may get in over their head. If they never had AP's before and now they decide to get them, they will have the added expenses associated with trips to Disney...even if they are day trips..you'll still have some expenses. These are expenses they didn't have in their budget prior to having their AP's. Now if you already have an AP and decide to go for the monthly payments you'll be fine because you were prepared to purchase AP's already and knew what you were getting into. I don't think devoy meant to imply all people would get in over their head, only those who foolishly thought they could suddenly affoard AP's.
I guess I can see your point.

markc

Well you are in the minority though, and do not make up the vast majority (i.e. MILLIONS) of families that only go once every two years or so.

The fact that this is offered to locals is very simple. Under this program, there are no laws that protect Disney from being paid back. As they (Disney) are not a credit agency or authorized to hand out credit, they can not ask for a social security number or report it to the credit agencies for deliquiency. Therefore there's nothing stopping people from just not paying after the first month.

With that in mind, the idea is that locals are more likely to go more than once a month. If they fail to pay and get blacklisted, it hurts them far more than it does an out of state/country guest whom wont make it back anytime soon anyway.

It's unfortunate - and im sure some out of state guests are frustrated by the policy - but it is what it is. I'm just thankful that Disney is offering this to some group of people (I'm excluded since I have the Premiere Pass for DL and WDW - so I'm not being biased by any means)

My point was that there are many people outside of Florida that go more than once or twice a year.

I also said that in a 12 month period we will be going three times and that others go even more than that.

3+ > 2

kapeman

Well you are in the minority though, and do not make up the vast majority (i.e. MILLIONS) of families that only go once every two years or so.

True, but the number of people that live out of state that would purchase an AP should not be dismissed out of hand.

While it may be a minority, it is still a significant number.

In fact, there are over 100,000 DVC families alone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom