Monthly Payment AP for WDW, US AP to be announced next week? (now confirmed)

Exprcoofto

If you are a DVC Member, MAYBE! But for all others outside of Florida: Most Definitely NO! If you want the benefits of living in Florida then please feel free to move HERE.

Feel free to pay for my move and new house then. :lol: Seriously, I'd rather be in FL then here, however, money and time is a serious issue with moving. I'll have college right around the corner anyways... hoping to look for a FL college. :D

Mr Bill

I use SeaWorld's monthly payment plan and think it's a great idea. While a WDW pass would be slightly more expensive, it still makes the cost of the pass easier to swallow. Plus when I got the SeaWorld one, the monthly rate was locked in as long as you kept the pass, so I'm still paying 2003 rates on the pass. The monthly fee's less than the price it would cost to park!

nibblesandbits

I don't know if this is a good thing or not. People pay for other items monthly, I suppose.

But another part of me (we'll call it the fiscally conservative part) says if you can't afford it all at once then you probably can't really afford it at all. Still, Disney is just doing what their competitors are.

But now, after Miceage, it's nice to see Mouseplanet talk about the USA AP ... too bad none of them ever credit the Spirit who first mentioned the pass. Good thing he's not a publicity !
Let's put it this way...yes, I could afford my AP when I had it...and I could afford to pay for it all at once, however, I would have loved a monthly payment thing or something, because paying the cost for 2 APs at once, being my frugal little self, it certainly hurt to watch it go all at once. Even though it definitely paid for itself having the AP in the long run.

So, I wouldn't say necessarily that I agree with this portion. Although I can see how it would maybe intice some who possibly couldn't actually afford it either. I do see both sides of the coin. I just like the side where I get to pay a little at a time. :lol:

Edit: I forget that I'm a lot more financially responsible than the general public...and that while I'd love to see this, for my sake, I can see how easily this would turn into a case of not being able to do it because 1 person would ruin it for the rest of us. (Or in this case, probably, many, many people. :lol: )

WDW1974

Let's put it this way...yes, I could afford my AP when I had it...and I could afford to pay for it all at once, however, I would have loved a monthly payment thing or something, because paying the cost for 2 APs at once, being my frugal little self, it certainly hurt to watch it go all at once. Even though it definitely paid for itself having the AP in the long run.

So, I wouldn't say necessarily that I agree with this portion. Although I can see how it would maybe intice some who possibly couldn't actually afford it either. I do see both sides of the coin. I just like the side where I get to pay a little at a time. :lol:

Edit: I forget that I'm a lot more financially responsible than the general public...and that while I'd love to see this, for my sake, I can see how easily this would turn into a case of not being able to do it because 1 person would ruin it for the rest of us. (Or in this case, probably, many, many people. :lol: )

Oh, please don't take my comments the wrong way ... was just sort of thinking out loud.

One thing I never do is tell people how to spend their money ... even when it's not the most responsible (and I am NOT suggesting that here) ... because 1.) life is too short and I sure don't believe we're getting a second go-around (unless we're characters on Lost!), so if someone wants to overextend themselves for some Disney magic and; 2.) I have watched as Wall Street, Big Business and execs have been criminally irresponsible and have largely (Bernie Madoff and a few others excepted) not only gotten away with it, but continue to do so ...

Personally, I've been in debt and I've lived debt-free. I much prefer the latter, but I'd never let debt stand in the way of living because we all have a limited time to do so. I'd much rather kick the bucket owing hundreds of millions myself ... it would mean I got a whole lot of living in!:D

nibblesandbits

Oh, please don't take my comments the wrong way ... was just sort of thinking out loud.

One thing I never do is tell people how to spend their money ... even when it's not the most responsible (and I am NOT suggesting that here) ... because 1.) life is too short and I sure don't believe we're getting a second go-around (unless we're characters on Lost!), so if someone wants to overextend themselves for some Disney magic and; 2.) I have watched as Wall Street, Big Business and execs have been criminally irresponsible and have largely (Bernie Madoff and a few others excepted) not only gotten away with it, but continue to do so ...

Personally, I've been in debt and I've lived debt-free. I much prefer the latter, but I'd never let debt stand in the way of living because we all have a limited time to do so. I'd much rather kick the bucket owing hundreds of millions myself ... it would mean I got a whole lot of living in!:D
Oh, don't worry. I didn't take it the wrong way. :) I was just pointing out that there are still some of us who are fiscally responsible who still don't want to pay all that money at once. Although like I said before, there's always someone who'll ruin it who isn't fiscally responsible...so, those of us who are good at what we do get screwed in the long run...:lol:

And that's always an interesting way of looking at life...and probably in a weird way, good way to think about it...blowing it all...god knows you can't take it with you.... Although, trust me, it's nice not owing a bajillion dollars on stuff too. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

Plus when I got the SeaWorld one, the monthly rate was locked in as long as you kept the pass, so I'm still paying 2003 rates on the pass. The monthly fee's less than the price it would cost to park!
Nice. I'd be willing to bet this little provision won't be part of any WDW payment plan!

WDW1974

Oh, don't worry. I didn't take it the wrong way. :) I was just pointing out that there are still some of us who are fiscally responsible who still don't want to pay all that money at once. Although like I said before, there's always someone who'll ruin it who isn't fiscally responsible...so, those of us who are good at what we do get screwed in the long run...:lol:

Well, I agree with all of the above. I just wish 'personal responsibility' was something that was practiced by those in our power circles who blamed individuals for our near economic collapse as a nation. That's ultimately why I will never tell someone what they should do with their money unless they ask for advice. If someone doesn't have money for a vacation, but wants to take their family to WDW and put it on plastic, that's their choice and doing so doesn't make them a bad person.

And that's always an interesting way of looking at life...and probably in a weird way, good way to think about it...blowing it all...god knows you can't take it with you.... Although, trust me, it's nice not owing a bajillion dollars on stuff too. :lol:

I have some VERY wealthy relatives, including one who likely doesn't have much time left. All the money won't do him a bit of good when his time is up.

Still, I agree with your point ... I don't really want to owe a bajillion dollars right now ... but I have no problem owing it when I'm dust in the wind!:eek::ROFLOL::)

LilMommyBug

If you are a DVC Member, MAYBE! But for all others outside of Florida: Most Definitely NO! If you want the benefits of living in Florida then please feel free to move HERE

It's not that big of a perk. Out of state people can still buy AP's. It's not like you're getting a tax break or something.

Brian_WDW74

Has anyone heard anything else about the payment plans? I don't think Disney has made the announcement yet.

Mouseplanet posted this on Monday:

...we learned (and posted) that the announcement date of this week is not accurate; however we are expecting an announcement by mid-March. We'll pass along more information as we can on both the monthly payment option and the bi-coastal passports.

hrcollectibles

seems like a great idea...at around $15/month i can see a lot of people doing this

Um I think it will be higher than $15 a month... Universal does the same thing and its about $20 a month.... Then again their annual pass is for Florida $220...

I wonder what percentage of annual Passes are Florida Residents.

devoy1701

Just wanted to post this link as a confirmation on the US Pass:

http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/031010_NF_BN_PremierPassport.html

thanks for the article. $700 isn't horrible for someone that doesn't live in one of the states the parks are in. For me it seems unreasonable because an AP to the 4 FL theme parks only runs me $350 and I can't see paying the same to get into 2 more parks and DQ! Not to mention that i don't have the means to travel regularly to CA at the moment.

I also noticed it didn't mention anything about merchandise or food discounts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom