Monthly Payment AP for WDW, US AP to be announced next week? (now confirmed)

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know if this is a good thing or not. People pay for other items monthly, I suppose.

But another part of me (we'll call it the fiscally conservative part) says if you can't afford it all at once then you probably can't really afford it at all. Still, Disney is just doing what their competitors are.

But now, after Miceage, it's nice to see Mouseplanet talk about the USA AP ... too bad none of them ever credit the Spirit who first mentioned the pass. Good thing he's not a publicity !

:shrug: And this makes it more accessible....thus, more affordable.

Plus, this might get a few more people to Explore WDW, know what I'm saying? :D

MousDad

I don't know if this is a good thing or not. People pay for other items monthly, I suppose.

But another part of me (we'll call it the fiscally conservative part) says if you can't afford it all at once then you probably can't really afford it at all.

You sound like a lot of mortgage lenders I've talked to recently.

cdunbar

:shrug: And this makes it more accessible....thus, more affordable.

Plus, this might get a few more people to Explore WDW, know what I'm saying? :D
Even I know what you're saying EE...:lol:

Meh...call me when they extend it to people in other states. :rolleyes:
I agree with you that it should be extended but perhaps this is a step towards that...:shrug:
seems like a great idea...at around $15/month i can see a lot of people doing this
Me being one of them! :D

mousefan1972

I would love love love to see this and since I am a new FL resident, I will luckily be able to take advantage. That said, I am wondering if they are restricting it to FL residents because they are afraid they will see package sales decrease since most people who come from out of state stay for a length of time where a lot of FL residents come for a day or weekend more often, not purchasing package deals anyway. I could see their logic thinking if an out-of-stater has an annual pass, they won't buy a package deal, meaning no dining plan attached and so on possibly making them lose money that would have been made if they needed park tickets attached to their vacation...I don't know, just a thought :shrug:

Actually, there are dining plan packages available to AP holders that do not require a ticket purchase. We have AP's and typically book a room + regular DDP package for each of our trips. The passholder + dine package is subject to the same payment/cancels rules as a MYW package. So, they are still gettting our money. :lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Do you have to live in Florida? I own a Condo, that I bought for use in winter months, or do you have to be a full time resident?
You have to be able to provide proof:

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Proof of Florida residency is required for Walt Disney World Annual Passes and Florida Resident Specials. To show proof of residency, you must provide any one of the following:[/FONT]

• [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Florida driver's license[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Current utility statement with your name and Florida address along with a corresponding picture ID[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Florida voter's registration card with corresponding picture ID[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]A college ID for a Florida college[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Florida-based military ID[/FONT]

need2go2wdw

Actually, there are dining plan packages available to AP holders that do not require a ticket purchase. We have AP's and typically book a room + regular DDP package for each of our trips. The passholder + dine package is subject to the same payment/cancels rules as a MYW package. So, they are still gettting our money. :lol:
Ahhh, I did not know that. Never having an annual pass myself (yet :)) I've never looked into the possibilities of a package deal without the park passes and never really thought about them offering something like that for AP holders. That's good to know, thanks! :wave:

nemobruce

I am a BIG fan of this, only issue I see is now you will have twice the amount people running around with an AP. Disney will need to allocate more rooms for the AP room discount or it does no good to have an AP other then for gate access to the parks. As it is now if you dont book the rooms when the AP discount is released you risk not getting a room at the discount.

durangojim

I'd be really surprised if they didn't offer the payment plan to non-Florida residents. It seems like they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't offer it to everyone.

devoy1701

But another part of me (we'll call it the fiscally conservative part) says if you can't afford it all at once then you probably can't really afford it at all. Still, Disney is just doing what their competitors are.

But now, after Miceage, it's nice to see Mouseplanet talk about the USA AP ... too bad none of them ever credit the Spirit who first mentioned the pass. Good thing he's not a publicity !

I agree. A WDW AP isn't something that you should try to fit into your monthly budget. Make your own monthly payment plan if you really want and put in x amount of dollars into a savings account...after a year you'll have enough to buy your AP all in one sum.

I'm also not looking forward to higher volume of people in the parks. I was hoping that this recession would bring back a little of the "Value" season.

I don't think this is needed at all.

RSoxNo1

You have to be able to provide proof:

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Proof of Florida residency is required for Walt Disney World Annual Passes and Florida Resident Specials. To show proof of residency, you must provide any one of the following:[/FONT]

• [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Florida driver's license[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Current utility statement with your name and Florida address along with a corresponding picture ID[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Florida voter's registration card with corresponding picture ID[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]A college ID for a Florida college[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Florida-based military ID[/FONT]

Is the "utility bill" + ID a new development? I know that friends of mine had difficulty getting the temporary resident pass at the RMV even though they own a Condo - is this Disney's way of circumventing new Florida law?

devoy1701

I am a BIG fan of this, only issue I see is now you will have twice the amount people running around with an AP. Disney will need to allocate more rooms for the AP room discount or it does no good to have an AP other then for gate access to the parks. As it is now if you dont book the rooms when the AP discount is released you risk not getting a room at the discount.

no, they probably will not allocate more rooms to the AP discounts. And this will probably lead them continue to remove AP benefits and discounts because they'll think that the Monthly payment plan is enough of an incentive.

I really think this is going to work against us.

fyn

The fiscal conservative part of you would appreciate earning interest on the money you would have otherwise had to pay up front.

SirGoofy

I agree. A WDW AP isn't something that you should try to fit into your monthly budget. Make your own monthly payment plan if you really want and put in x amount of dollars into a savings account...after a year you'll have enough to buy your AP all in one sum.

I'm also not looking forward to higher volume of people in the parks. I was hoping that this recession would bring back a little of the "Value" season.

I don't think this is needed at all.

See I'm looking forward to more locals that will hopefully put more pressure on people like TDO to keep the offerings at WDW fresh and new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom