Monsters Inc Laugh Floor Concept Art

Capt. Jack

You know what would be really neat & eunique.

**PS** This is totally off the subject of the ride/show, but based upon Monsters, Inc.

But, if nearby, they had a 'Harry Housens' nearby. Which, if you have seen the movie before, is the Sushi/Japenese place where Mike takes Secilia (SP?) for dinner. Maybe it could be a fancy Sushi resteraunt, or something to the idea.

tirian

Quite honestly, the only recent attraction that seems to have mixed (not sure if it's actually skewed to bad with average guests) reactions is SGE. ;)

SGE really did get a lot of complaints when it opened. It still gets more complaints than anything else at the MK.

Scar Junior

I, for one, am very happy to have this concept art (promotional art... whatever you want to call it). As far as being disappointed? Not really. We knew going in that the attraction would be similar to what the images suggest. It is what it is.

---- Warning: Theories ahead ----

Yes, another "screen" attraction... but that is the trend, and it works as of late. Read any entertainment theorist who has written in the 21st century and you will find that we are becoming a society of the screen. My grandfather has two screens in his house: one the front door, one on his television set. My generation has iPods, apple computer screens (windows is like several screens on one larger screen), remote controls with screens, cell phones, picture-in-picture (essentially two screens), GPS in cars, etc.

The point is that the screen is a societal trend. A seemingly new (not officially 'untapped') element in society that the screen has now begun to infiltrate theme parks. Do I revel in this? No, but I accept the phase is natural. The screens will appear more in shows, rides and wherever they can be utilized. While I prefer AAs, I'm not disinfranchised over this...

nibblesandbits

You know what would be really neat & eunique.

**PS** This is totally off the subject of the ride/show, but based upon Monsters, Inc.

But, if nearby, they had a 'Harry Housens' nearby. Which, if you have seen the movie before, is the Sushi/Japenese place where Mike takes Secilia (SP?) for dinner. Maybe it could be a fancy Sushi resteraunt, or something to the idea.
Harry Huesen's would be an interesting addition...especially if they put it in a place like the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle station. I think it could work really well there.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
You are not going to start that old argument again.... are you? You say yes... I say no.. You say goodbye, and I say hello

I stand with Tirian. I don't care what manipulated vague statistics you have...I know what I see and hear in the parks and at the resorts and guests openly talk about how lame stitch's escape is. Its a seriously flawed attraction and the majority of people are disappointed with it. You can't just stay in denial about it.

Montu

I stand with Tirian. I don't care what manipulated vague statistics you have...I know what I see and hear in the parks and at the resorts and guests openly talk about how lame stitch's escape is. Its a seriously flawed attraction and the majority of people are disappointed with it. You can't just stay in denial about it.

Man I absolutely LOVE our resident rabid Magic Kingdom fanboy.

You know what the one question I have is? If you love working at Disney SO much, and have SO much pride in the product, why leave just for money? Surely you're not happier in your new job than you were living your obsession every day.

That tells me you probably didn't leave on your own terms.

Punkss

Manipulated vague statistics? I wouldn't believe them either, after all they may go against something I thought! How dare statistics say I am wrong! :p

I am not entirely sure people are disappointed about it and I certainly can't imagine people complaining about it in an earlier thread. After all who goes to a theme park, doesn't really enjoy a ride and then heads over to complain. I think what maybe happens is a mixture of kids that enjoy it (shock horror!) and adults are blase, or even a mixture of everyone either enjoying it or not bothered but I can't imagine it is bad enough for some to high tail over to guest services to complain.

But just remember I don't think, LewisCarroll, you see the whole picture or are even qualified to talk about guest behaviour when you seem to like relating back to your viewpoint.

wannab@dis

Man I absolutely LOVE our resident rabid Magic Kingdom fanboy.

You know what the one question I have is? If you love working at Disney SO much, and have SO much pride in the product, why leave just for money? Surely you're not happier in your new job than you were living your obsession every day.

I just love how some people can't stand the fact that the majority of guests may not think like them... Instead of just accepting that not everyone dislikes an attraction as much as them, they can only contribute these "rabid fanboy" posts.

Of course... I'm sure there are a few guests that actually enjoy the parks. I've yet to see a post where you have anything to say positive. One has to wonder why you even take the time to read a WDW forum. :veryconfu

wannab@dis

SGE really did get a lot of complaints when it opened. It still gets more complaints than anything else at the MK.
Some "number" of complaints doesn't mean everyone or even a majority of guests dislike the attraction.

Punkss said:
Manipulated vague statistics? I wouldn't believe them either, after all they may go against something I thought! How dare statistics say I am wrong!

I am not entirely sure people are disappointed about it and I certainly can't imagine people complaining about it in an earlier thread. After all who goes to a theme park, doesn't really enjoy a ride and then heads over to complain. I think what maybe happens is a mixture of kids that enjoy it (shock horror!) and adults are blase, or even a mixture of everyone either enjoying it or not bothered but I can't imagine it is bad enough for some to high tail over to guest services to complain.

But just remember I don't think, LewisCarroll, you see the whole picture or are even qualified to talk about guest behaviour when you seem to like relating back to your viewpoint.

Good post. :wave:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its bound to be pants, Walt didnt come up with it its not a drak ride/coaster/ (insert own fave here) it has no animatronics and is not ground breaking or have a zillion dollar Q line.

but, lets face it what sort of jokes are going to be acceptable at the MK to a bunch of two year olds, it will be a treasure trove for the PC and easily offended unless its Jungle Cruise level

Epcot82Guy

I will only throw in a small thought. Statistics are incredibly helpful and incredibly dangerous. There are multiple types of surveys and data collection possibilities. The more pointed and shorter they get, the more dangerous the numbers become in light of misrepresentation. If you look at truly respected polls and surveys, you have multiple versions of individual questions to determine nuiances and differences in understanding. That is not a luxury Disney has with its survey walkers because they are cutting into the guests day. THerefore, they have some dangerous numbers on their hands that are not tempered by the long survey form which tends to be much more representative. Statistics lie as objective numbers. Any statistician who knows what he/she is talking about will tell you that. They must be tethered to specifically what is asked/sought to be truthful. I will say as a researcher that some of Disney's question lists are fairly flawed and not able to discuss the actual feelings of guests (both myself and others in my party). Plus, there is no substitution for actual experience and the good ol' eavesdropping method. Remember, Walt and Roy pretty much built and designed one of the most successful entertainment ventures in the world without these surveys. Spreadsheets are not ALWAYS more telling than the human creative spirit.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended

uhh...I have never been employeed by the Walt Disney Company.

What the heck are you rambling about bucko?

The Mom

Premium Member
This thread was already locked due to bickering, but you were given a second chance.

There are still many posters on it who are able to present opposing views without being sarcastic and rude.

If the arguing continues, I'm going to come in and start editing out the argumentative posts, and leave the rest.

Don't make me start editing, folks! I have alot on my plate right now IRL! :mad:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Guys, let's not descend into petty arguing. Remember this is a discussion forum, where we all have different views and opinions. Accept and respect that people have differing views. Thanks.

Damien666

Yes, let's not get into crazy fights over who has the right opinion. We are all entitled to our own opinions, if you don't agree over someone else's opinion then just don't start a mindless argument over it. Thank you very much and have a magical day.:wave:

lnsemsf

Yes, let's not get into crazy fights over who has the right opinion. We are all entitled to our own opinions, if you don't agree over someone else's opinion then just don't start a mindless argument over it. Thank you very much and have a magical day.:wave:
My opinion could beat up your opinion!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom